SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Quill.

On another note: Yesterday at Brooklyn Bridge City Hall, my (4) train was held there for 43 Minutes because there was something wrong with the annoncments and the rear doors. The doors finnaly closed, but out of nowhere one of the rear doors opened with a force and crashed into the back of its socket and it sounded like a bomb going off. After THAT, the T/O said the train was out of service.

And by the way, how come the express tracks at 2nd Ave are never used for anything and why is there a wall at the end of the track?

I'm sorry, what do you mean no email?

After that mess, I catched a (5) train to Bowling Green but got locked in because I wasn't fast enough and got held at the loop for 20 minutes...

Wait how is that even possible? They don't closed door fast like the. (6) via the Brooklyn Bridge Loop and plus the conductor usually checks the cars on the (5)

Nope, she closed the doors that fast and she said something on the intercom but it was mumbled (as usual). I knocked on her door to ask her if the train was out of service but she spoke through the door and all I heard was loop. The T/O's are rude these days.

Oh, was the (8)(10)(11)(12)(13) ever used in service or were they part of routes that the (MTA) were planning to build but were never built or were they just renames?

Actually, as I remember the (8) was the remaining Bronx portion of the 3rd Avenue El that operated from 1955-'73 after the main portion was torn down.  It was never officially shown as such, but I have seen the (8) designation for it.

Actually, as I remember the (8) was the remaining Bronx portion of the 3rd Avenue El that operated from 1955-'73 after the main portion was torn down. It was never officially shown as such, but I have seen the (8) designation for it.

As far as I know, the 8 was shown on maps but the rollsigns said SHUTTLE. Edited by P3F

It was designated "Shuttle" on the trains because the rollsigns available either didn't have 8 on them or if they did, they had the Astoria byline from the BMT days. It probably wasn't seen as a big deal because in one way or another, the elevated was coming down anyway. That and the line didn't interline with any other service along its entire stretch of 3rd Ave.

Why do the R68's have Harlem 145 Street as part of their Rollsign if the R68's have BMT only roll signs?

Where did you hear that ? It makes more sense to put all of the terminals for both IND and BMT, despite the fact that by the time the 68s came in, all three separate companies were merged into the (MTA).