SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

@Rollover, I see, but when I pass by the Van Wyck, still says "Briarwood-Van Wyck" (E)(F) , lets hope that don't change, and I have more news:

The 34th St Extension is pretty much done, waiting for the grand opening (Source: Facebook) (Pictures were proven but not available until authorized to show on here)

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Rollover, I see, but when I pass by the Van Wyck, still says "Briarwood-Van Wyck" (E)(F) , lets hope that don't change, and I have more news:

The 34th St Extension is pretty much done, waiting for the grand opening (Source: Facebook) (Pictures were proven but not available until authorized to show on here)

why wouldn't you be authorized to show on here?

Friend just sent me a video of a few redbirds pulling some Corona R62As up the 8th Ave line at 59th Street. The R62As were singles, one of them #1906. Maybe this is the summer swap of redbirds for 62As on the work fleet? Or something weird.

Friend just sent me a video of a few redbirds pulling some Corona R62As up the 8th Ave line at 59th Street. The R62As were singles, one of them #1906. Maybe this is the summer swap of redbirds for 62As on the work fleet? Or something weird.

I remember just last week seeing a train on the 7 with a 5-car set paired to 6 singles. That might have been the one that I saw, not sure though.

I remember just last week seeing a train on the 7 with a 5-car set paired to 6 singles. That might have been the one that I saw, not sure though.

That's been happening a lot as 5-car sets have been sent to the (6). The remaining singles have been lined up together, just like in the old days. Some days have two or three trains running like that. This was something different, though.

Any word on what happened to that set that was involved in the (F) train derailment last May? 5634-5635-5637-5636 has been in service for a while now but it seems 5742-5743-5745-5744 never returned.

According to the June 2015 ERA Bulletin, 5742-5745 were still at Coney Island awaiting a decision on its overall future, though some body repair work had started.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/53077b4eb8363107e691b3757/files/June_2015_ERA_Bulletin.pdf

This is pretty nice. I think all R160s should have had those folding seats and video recording devices. But of course, the issue is $$$.

I wonder if the R160 car numbered, 8714, still has those folded seats. I myself never caught it at all, ever.

Edited by RollOver

This is pretty nice. I think all R160s should have had those folding seats and video recording devices. But of course, the issue is $$$.

I wonder if the R160 car numbered, 8714, still has those folded seats. I myself never caught it at all, ever.

It looks like they removed the seats at the ends of the cars. Why????

Just wanted to comment on something. In Toronto, transit preservation is in a deplorable way. Out of older cars that were retired in the last few years, the only specimens that have survived (besides 75 that were sold for second hand usage in Lagos, Nigeria), are two movie props. One car is fully intact, while the other was sliced in half for usage as a promo for the 2014 Godzilla movie. Because no other specimens survive, it has gotten to the point where some enthusiasts actually consider the purchasing of these props, inaccessible to the public, as a viable consolation prize for actual preservation.

The New York Transit Museum's collection is a wonderful thing. Treasure it, folks, because you've reached a point that transit preservation in other cities never will.

its a long time being removed, its a test and didnt work out in the end

I knew about that, I just thought it was odd that they got rid of the seats. I would love to know what the agency was thinking when they thought that was a good idea.

That Culver EL express G.O this weekend is great, train hauls ass on the middle express tracks..

Had a C/R on the (C) who announced the bus routes at every stop.. reminded me of when I rode a B6 local about 12 years ago and driver announced every single street the bus stopped at :lol:

Also was a 160 on the (R).. :D always nice to see them on there...

A r68 ran on the  (Q) today for the p.m rush. 

That r68 is making its rounds, because I was on that r68 early this morning (around 5:20am @ prospect park)....

Missed the B35, so I walked to the B12 & took that to Parkside - only to find out no manhattan bound trains were stopping there, so I took the quick little walk to prospect park station....

I didn't know what to think when that train pulled up.

That r68 is making its rounds, because I was on that r68 early this morning (around 5:20am @ prospect park)....

Missed the B35, so I walked to the B12 & took that to Parkside - only to find out no manhattan bound trains were stopping there, so I took the quick little walk to prospect park station....

I didn't know what to think when that train pulled up.

When I went out this afternoon and I didnt see it even though I checked the entire line today.