SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, no, but there were some kids doing some kind of shit in the other car.

So what that supposed to mean?

There are many kids that need to go to school in the morning most of them to tired to do shit?

You also said 8:30 mean that these kids were probably either late or were about to be late so they wouldn't have the time to either

Also there are plenty of crazy adults and homeless people on the train who are know to do crazy shit in the morning

Stop using kids as scapegoats for every problem that happens cause most likely if anything they were just reacting to the fact they were going to be late or something especially with the crazy ass teachers the city hires these days

So what that supposed to mean?

There are many kids that need to go to school in the morning most of them to tired to do shit?

You also said 8:30 mean that these kids were probably either late or were about to be late so they wouldn't have the time to either

Also there are plenty of crazy adults and homeless people on the train who are know to do crazy shit in the morning

Stop using kids as scapegoats for every problem that happens cause most likely if anything they were just reacting to the fact they were going to be late or something especially with the crazy ass teachers the city hires these days

I'm not using them as scapegoats, I saw them pushing each other around and stuff

so how does pushing a person cause the emergency brake to be pulled?

They could have been playing around and pulled it. Or... there could have been some idiot on the train that pulled it. <_<

One time I was on an (A) train where a fight broke out and someone pulled the cord, somehow they thought it was smart to pull the cord between stations during a fight.  :rolleyes:

They could have been playing around and pulled it. Or... there could have been some idiot on the train that pulled it. <_<

One time I was on an (A) train where a fight broke out and someone pulled the cord, somehow they thought it was smart to pull the cord between stations during a fight.  :rolleyes:

what time of day did that happen?

^^^

Pretty much this, I didnt see the chord being pulled but i think i saw a bit of the fight

Perhaps what they could do this year with the Holiday train is run it to/from Broadway Junction to Broad via the (J) (using the center/express track east of Marcy Avenue in Brooklyn in both directions and it being the sole train using that track) and over the Willy B (it's too bad the Nassau part of Montauge is out because you could have had such continue to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays or 36th Street or 9th Avenue that way).  Not perfect, but it would be a chance to showcase the holiday train to lower Manhattan (which has considerable shopping of its own) and parts of Brooklyn that usually doesn't see it while keeping it away from the G.O.'s.

Perhaps what they could do this year with the Holiday train is run it to/from Broadway Junction to Broad via the (J) (using the center/express track east of Marcy Avenue in Brooklyn in both directions and it being the sole train using that track) and over the Willy B (it's too bad the Nassau part of Montauge is out because you could have had such continue to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays or 36th Street or 9th Avenue that way). Not perfect, but it would be a chance to showcase the holiday train to lower Manhattan (which has considerable shopping of its own) and parts of Brooklyn that usually doesn't see it while keeping it away from the G.O.'s.

No

With a handful of supplemental (F) trains per hour turning at 2nd Avenue and NB (D) trains switching to the local to get to 8th Avenue at Broadway-Lafayette? I don't know, there's only so much track space to go around here...

Well, given the headways of the Holiday train, you can run all of the trains with no issue.

Perhaps what they could do this year with the Holiday train is run it to/from Broadway Junction to Broad via the (J) (using the center/express track east of Marcy Avenue in Brooklyn in both directions and it being the sole train using that track) and over the Willy B (it's too bad the Nassau part of Montauge is out because you could have had such continue to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays or 36th Street or 9th Avenue that way).  Not perfect, but it would be a chance to showcase the holiday train to lower Manhattan (which has considerable shopping of its own) and parts of Brooklyn that usually doesn't see it while keeping it away from the G.O.'s.

No. Let's run it on the Staten Island Railway. /s

With a handful of supplemental (F) trains per hour turning at 2nd Avenue and NB (D) trains switching to the local to get to 8th Avenue at Broadway-Lafayette? I don't know, there's only so much track space to go around here...

A few years ago (I think 2?) They had the train running on top of the (C) terminating at 2 Av

Well last week was a mess.

I was waiting for the (2) at Times Square when a R142 (2) train came in, and I noticed something odd in the first car. The left middle door was somehow malfunctioning, because it couldn't open all the way or close all the way. The conductor tried to close the doors but that door wouldn't let the train leave at all, and it was rush hour. So I went ahead and held the door shut manually, and the train conitnued to 72 St. During the ride, the door remained shut as the lock was on, however, when we stopped at 72 St, the door tried to open again only to get stuck halfway. When the conductor tried closing the doors, it went haywire, opening and closing back and forth. The conductor thought that somebody was holding the door on purpose, which was probably why he said that "In the first car can you please move away from the door". I tried to close it again, and managed to wrestle it to close. At 96 St, the door did the same thing, and I couldn't close it at all. I went to the operator and told him that you had a major door malfunction issue in the first car, and he called it in. The train got taken OOS, and the platform got even MORE packed.

Now what I want to know is, how the hell did this train manage to get ALL the way from Flatbush to Times Square without somebody noticing that the door was malfunctioning.

Any official word on the fate of the Holiday R1 trips? I don't think they'll run this year based on the GOs they have planned on the (D) and (F) in December...

They'll be fine. In fact, they'll be better than ever. Track capacity will not be saturated.

No

What a helpful, thoughtful response.

Edited by Dj Hammers

I was waiting for the (2) at Times Square when a R142 (2) train came in, and I noticed something odd in the first car. The left middle door was somehow malfunctioning, because it couldn't open all the way or close all the way. The conductor tried to close the doors but that door wouldn't let the train leave at all, and it was rush hour. So I went ahead and held the door shut manually, and the train conitnued to 72 St. During the ride, the door remained shut as the lock was on, however, when we stopped at 72 St, the door tried to open again only to get stuck halfway. When the conductor tried closing the doors, it went haywire, opening and closing back and forth. The conductor thought that somebody was holding the door on purpose, which was probably why he said that "In the first car can you please move away from the door". I tried to close it again, and managed to wrestle it to close. At 96 St, the door did the same thing, and I couldn't close it at all. I went to the operator and told him that you had a major door malfunction issue in the first car, and he called it in. The train got taken OOS, and the platform got even MORE packed.

Now what I want to know is, how the hell did this train manage to get ALL the way from Flatbush to Times Square without somebody noticing that the door was malfunctioning.

That's big no no.You see something is wrong, you report it ASAP...

Perhaps what they could do this year with the Holiday train is run it to/from Broadway Junction to Broad via the (J) (using the center/express track east of Marcy Avenue in Brooklyn in both directions and it being the sole train using that track) and over the Willy B (it's too bad the Nassau part of Montauge is out because you could have had such continue to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays or 36th Street or 9th Avenue that way). Not perfect, but it would be a chance to showcase the holiday train to lower Manhattan (which has considerable shopping of its own) and parts of Brooklyn that usually doesn't see it while keeping it away from the G.O.'s.

Wha? Never knew the old (M) Nassau St tunnel that leads to Montague is 'out.' The Holiday Train could run like this though, That or run via the now (M) through Chrystie St then run it to the CPW instead of heading to the QBL.

Oh here we go again. Javier with helping the MTA!

Don't fiddle with it either and I don't believe this because I've BEEN/SEEN doors that are not opening/closing and its like nothing, get in thru the other door. Doors open and close fine. The day goes on...