AtlanticAv_L_signN.jpg

Full Service
Restored

5 AM Monday 
February 1

Trains will stop at
Atlantic Av
in both directions

Click here to plan your trip with Trip Planner+, or call 511 for automated travel information 24/7; agents are available from 6 AM to 10 PM daily. Hearing impaired customers: use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711service relay to reach 511. If you cannot be connected for any reason, you can ask the relay operator to connect you to 511 via the following phone number: 877-690-5116.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of the (5), does anyone notice from 5:30PM around E.180 till 7PM, the trains to Nereid Av terminates at Gun Hill Road-White Plains Rd (continues onto the express from E.180 to Gun Hill Rd on the (2) )

Also, I noticed that during the late AM Rush, the (5) is Express only for E.180 St trains

Edited by Calvin

Speaking of the (5), does anyone notice from 5:30PM around E.180 till 7PM, the trains to Nereid Av terminates at Gun Hill Road-White Plains Rd (continues onto the express from E.180 to Gun Hill Rd on the (2) )

Also, I noticed that during the late AM Rush, the (5) is Express only for E.180 St trains

that has been mentioned here every so often.

I agree, but that is a really great item!

So hard to find those things. I only know of a few of them, since it seems even the Transit Museum is missing them in stock. One 168 St Jamaica (J) sign sold for $650 a few years back. There's a guy in Brooklyn who wants $600 for a Vignelli black on white station sign for the 8 Avenue (N) stop. I personally have a Vignelli "To Coney Island" for the F line with service info. And there's a guy I know who I've been trying to convince to sell me his 8 Street NYU Vignelli sign. This one here is the only one I've seen on eBay in years.

So hard to find those things. I only know of a few of them, since it seems even the Transit Museum is missing them in stock. One 168 St Jamaica (J) sign sold for $650 a few years back. There's a guy in Brooklyn who wants $600 for a Vignelli black on white station sign for the 8 Avenue (N) stop. I personally have a Vignelli "To Coney Island" for the F line with service info. And there's a guy I know who I've been trying to convince to sell me his 8 Street NYU Vignelli sign. This one here is the only one I've seen on eBay in years.

do you mean this one?

22487908520_77d735cd0c.jpg1_411c4a192e1a6215b1a7cd1366565616 by spicker613, on Flickr

do you mean this one?

22487908520_77d735cd0c.jpg1_411c4a192e1a6215b1a7cd1366565616 by spicker613, on Flickr

Yep, that's the one. SubwayAl had that one in person and online for a bit. If you peeled that black sticker there's probably a black J or grey QJ underneath...maybe even a JJ.

I also found this.

1_1ea7f05f9e062a2bf4e3a21c23567657 by spicker613, on Flickr

There's also a few Vignelli-era exit signs on WorthPoint (which Houseofmemories bought for $100-200 each and sold for $1000-2000 each). And there've been a few "All persons forbidden" signs over the years. But the real Vignelli service signs are impossibly hard to find. This is another photo of the one I uncovered a little while back, which would have been just to the right of the "J" on that service sign above.

MLS_6755_zpsb9kluxlz.jpg

Edited by MHV9218

It says it in the R142A delivery notes.

According to info from nycsubway.org, 7306-7310 was involved in minor collision while being delivered on 11/30/2000, it suffered anti-climber and coupler damage when brakes did not set properly after de-coupling from the locomotives that delivered them.

Don't know how accurate this story is but if notes were taken during the R142A delivery process in the early 2000s, then that's what probably happened.

Edited by jon2305

I have a question.The (1)(2) and (3) are bypassing Chambers now Becuase of crane collapse.Maybe they can stop there just to make transfers? Why not? They can make announcements on trains and stations that they are only stopping to make transfers

Edited by Abba

People will swear on five [insert holy books of your choice] that there were no announcements that the exits were closed. It's better logistically to have the conductors tell riders to transfer at 14 Street and simply bypass the stations since riders can't get out there.

Couple of casual observations today...

Rode the (N) on Sea Beach for the first time since the rehab work began. Pretty good ride, although we did get held at 59 St for a few minutes. An (R) was there too, and left before we did. Didn't even catch up to that (R) until 9 St, so that should give you some sort of general idea on how ling we were held lol.

Moving along to the (J), they making even more progress on that switch replacement at Essex St. J3/4 (middle track) is completely out of service at Essex, my (Z) (and all subsequent trains to Brooklyn) all now use J1 (outbound local), switching over after Bowery.

They completely tore out the (J3/4) track past the homeball, including the switch area itself, the concrete, and the ballast. Only a stub of the switch is connected to J1, and the concrete & ballast was removed as well (track ties are sitting on wood). A 10 mph speed zone was set up in the area, and half of the station itself.