SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Just throwing it out there, but during Friday AM Peak, yet another slashing occurred, on the UES.

Would post a link, but thought those "doubters" or "media-frenzy" conspiracists should do their own research first.

(Link I have, at 21:55, has been updated since it happened [and read about it] 12h ago.  Go here, if interested.)

BEWARE:  Reality awaits if you click the link.  For Kumbaya NYC, click here: YAY!

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question, if (2) trains are heading to Flatbush Av via Bowling Green, doesn't that mean that (2) trains are going back up to Wakefield, not Flatbush Av? I'm confused.

When this happens, one direction goes via Bowling Green while the other direction runs normal.

When its southbound via Bowling Green, they run down the (1) to SF, use the outer loop, then switch over to the Lex loop outside the station. It then runs up the (5)past Bowling Green (it doesn't stop) to Wall St. Train crew changes ends, and goes down via the (5) to Flatbush Av, stopping at Bowling Green this time.

When its northbound via Bowling Green, it switches to the (5) north of Atlantic Av. It continues up the line to Wall St (stopping at Bowling Green). Crew changes ends, and it goes back towards the loops, skipping Bowling Green this time. It switches to the outer loop just outside South Ferry, and follows the (1) up to Chambers St.

In both directions, trains do not stop at Rector St or South Ferry.

In both directions, trains do not stop at Rector St or South Ferry.

The Rector St stop is made very inconsistently and varies by GO.

Tonight's GO for instance: No (2) trains between Chambers St and Atlantic Av-Barclays Center.

2.png service operates in two sections: 

1. Between 241 St and Chambers St, and via the 1.png to/from Rector St 

•  Trains run local in both directions between 96 St and Chambers St 

2. Between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Flatbush Av 

•  Trains from Flatbush Av skip Eastern Pkwy, Grand Army Plaza and Bergen St 

You won't ever see a (2) train stop at the South Ferry loop station. I heard once there was an incident where a (2) conductor opened the rear there one weekend. Damn shame too, that transfer to the (N)(R) should have been quite useful in this situation.

The Rector St stop is made very inconsistently and varies by GO.

Tonight's GO for instance: No (2) trains between Chambers St and Atlantic Av-Barclays Center.

2.png service operates in two sections:

1. Between 241 St and Chambers St, and via the 1.pngto/fromRector St

• Trains run local in both directions between 96 St and Chambers St

2. Between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Flatbush Av

• Trains from Flatbush Av skip Eastern Pkwy, Grand Army Plaza and Bergen St

You won't ever see a (2) train stop at the South Ferry loop station. I heard once there was an incident where a (2) conductor opened the rear there one weekend. Damn shame too, that transfer to the (N)(R) should have been quite useful in this situation.

I heard about that too...in any case, they would tell people to transfer at 42 St

Someone on SubChat posted it

It's being said that the person who shot this video is one of our own in this forum. If that's the case, that person will get banned. We do not need members of that type on here who supports this kind of activity. I don't care if it was at the end terminals.

Edited by Cait Sith

It's being said that the person who shot this video is one of our own in this forum. If that's the case, that person will get banned. We do not need members of that type on here who supports this kind of activity. I don't care if it was at the end terminals.

I've seen him before. Now I know to report him.

What an a**hole.

Side note, they gotta fix those cab locks up if all it takes is some bozo with a foot to kick it and open them. Not exactly high security. 

You don't even need to kick them.

I was standing next to one on a crowded 6 train, reached to get something out of my bag, pulled my arm back and hit it and it opened. Really freaky though...

Subway vandalism? Again?

Here we go again.

Oh, my God... <_<

Edited by TheNewYorkElevated