SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes to the (L) and CBTC, how does one tell the difference between automatic and manual operation ? Under what circumstances are train operators allowed to take full control ?

-CBTC is always active...unless you know, the line goes to shit lol

-With the R143s, you can tell when its being operated automatically compared to normal operator controlled. In automatic, you can feel the braking being applied in pulses. Right before they come to a complete stop, the cars jerk a little bit before fully stopping.

-All operators have to do one of their daily trips manually. Doesn't matter which one, it just has to be one trip.

-During wet weather (rain, snow, etc), you'll have the train operators take over. Trains start sliding everywhere, and may slide past the station...had it happen to me once lol

Just seen 8683-8687 and it doesn't have the blue LED lights anymore. Its a really bright white now.

Idk how long it been like that, I don't ride the (N) or (Q) enough to keep track lol

Just seen 8683-8687 and it doesn't have the blue LED lights anymore. Its a really bright white now.

Idk how long it been like that, I don't ride the (N) or (Q) enough to keep track lol

f**k now we can't tease Patrick about those cars no more lmao

I notice that the interior LED on the R142/A are base on the color of the line. You know on the (2) train, the interior LED route is red and on the (4)(5)(6) train, the interior LED route is green. How come the R143, R188 & R160 don't have that? Let me guess, is it because of color issue?

Current                                  Why can it be like this:

Ex: (2)GRAND CENTRAL                   ( E ) JAMAICA-VAN WYCK

( 4 ) GRAND CENTRAL                ( F ) PARSONS BLVD

( 5 ) CROWN HEIGHTS-UTICA    ( 7 ) NEXT STOP IS

( 6 ) THIS IS                                 ( J ) CHAMBERS ST

( 7 ) QUEENSBORO PLAZA        ( Q ) BRIGHTON BEACH

( E ) 50 ST

( M ) 23 ST

From what I've read on the posters when I got off the (3) at Rutland, Rockaway and Van Siclen are set to re-open Monday if I remember correctly.

According to the MTA Service Advisory press release, their certainly likely to re-open Monday, which has been LONG overdue.

So for that one manual trip, would the signals ahead of them still be blinking ?

Yes they would. CBTC will still be active and will slow the train itself if its not clear ahead

According to the MTA Service Advisory press release, their certainly likely to re-open Monday, which has been LONG overdue.

A 5 month job ended up turning into 11 months lol

They've updated announcements on some of the R160s.

Van Wyck Blvd is now Briarwood.

As heard on the F train today:

"This is, Briarwood, Transfer is available to the Q44 Select Bus Service"

So I'm guessing this is a Kathleen Campion (probably got the spelling wrong) Q44 announcement? Edited by MysteriousBtrain

I notice that the interior LED on the R142/A are base on the color of the line. You know on the (2) train, the interior LED route is red and on the (4)(5)(6) train, the interior LED route is green. How come the R143, R188 & R160 don't have that? Let me guess, is it because of color issue?

Current                                  Why can it be like this:

Ex: (2)GRAND CENTRAL                   ( E ) JAMAICA-VAN WYCK

( 4 ) GRAND CENTRAL                ( F ) PARSONS BLVD

( 5 ) CROWN HEIGHTS-UTICA    ( 7 ) NEXT STOP IS

( 6 ) THIS IS                                 ( J ) CHAMBERS ST

( 7 ) QUEENSBORO PLAZA        ( Q ) BRIGHTON BEACH

( E ) 50 ST

( M ) 23 ST

The interior LEDs for all of the new tech trains are capable of displaying the colors red, green and amber, owing to when they were purchased.

They've updated announcements on some of the R160s.

Van Wyck Blvd is now Briarwood.

As heard on the F train today:

"This is, Briarwood, Transfer is available to the Q44 Select Bus Service"

Took them long enough.