SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Dealt with some idiot cops just now at Queensboro Plaza. Apparently I got called in by someone for taking pics and they said I could take pictures on the subway but not of the trains themselves, just of friends and stuff like that. Tried to show them the rules of conduct then they started with "oh we have a knowitall here" so I just left, wasn't planning on spending too much time up there anyway.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dealt with some idiot cops just now at Queensboro Plaza. Apparently I got called in by someone for taking pics and they said I could take pictures on the subway but not of the trains themselves, just of friends and stuff like that. Tried to show them the rules of conduct then they started with "oh we have a knowitall here" so I just left, wasn't planning on spending too much time up there anyway.

What a bunch of goons. Must be rookie POs who has no clue of the here and now I'm sure.

Edit: Nearly was about to post a really profane comment, had to think twice before posting, but seriously I'm outraged with this. Sorry that you had to deal with that. What a bunch of fools.

You did the right thing. Smart thinking on your part.

Edited by realizm

What a bunch of goons. Must be rookie POs who has no clue of the here and now I'm sure.

Nearly was about to post a really profane comment, had to think twice before posting, but seriously I'm outraged with this. Sorry that you had to deal with that. What a bunch of fools.

One of them said he's been on the force for like 20 years. It's funny, MTA/NYPD send out bulletin after bulletin reminding their employees that photography isn't illegal yet they're still a bitch about it.

One of them said he's been on the force for like 20 years. It's funny, MTA/NYPD send out bulletin after bulletin reminding their employees that photography isn't illegal yet they're still a bitch about it.

Gotcha. He's just a genuine a**hole then. Yeah I said it.

Edited by realizm

report him to the goddamn commander/LT! and did you get his badge?

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Orion, take advantage of these resources, I was a victim of racial profiling and had to take advantage of this:

Click here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/ccrb/home.html

CCRB Hotline

If your complaint involves physical force, abuse of authority, discourtesy or offensive language by a member of the NYPD, contact the NYC Civilian Complaint Review Board's hotline: (800) 341-CCRB.

Copyright 2013 The City of New York Contact Us | FAQs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Site Map 

Transit district 20 I believe. 

You can use that in reporting the incident, that may suffice, if you feel that you are pissed off enough to take it that far for the sake of getting back at that officer. You should, you have rights as a native NY'er and US citizen. It's a long process though, just giving you the heads up. So if you want to let it slide, cool. But if you want to take this to levels unknown to NYC then go for it!

Edited by realizm

That sucks. The one time this happened to me I played the sheepish kid. "Oh no, I'm not allowed to do this? I was worried about that but I looked online and i thought it said I could. Did they recently change the rules, is the website out of date?" The cop was like "It must be". "Okay!" I said. "I'll write them and let them no so nobody else gets in trouble, do you know what the rule is supposed to be". The cop literally pretended to answer his cell phone and walked away. 

I mean, I'm also nuts, and audio record every conversation I have with cops. Got out of all my traffic tickets that way. "Oh you didn't say that?  Here's a tape of you saying that. Since you OBVOUSLY wouldn't purjur yourself, you must just not remember the events clearly, therefore, your honor, motion to dismiss on the grounds of incompetent witness." Made them angry, but worked almost everytime. 

I don't know if I'd go through the CCRB process. It's not like they detained you or anything, so I'm not sure it's worth your time. Remember your magic words: "Am I free to go?" and "why am I being detained?" if the answer is ever no. 

Edited by itmaybeokay

has anyone of our subway workers like snowblock or anyone else ever worked a baseball special and what it entails etc 

Not sure but a well respected veteran member here told us that usually Snowblock is assigned to the (D). That was actually mentioned in the what does not belong subway thread IIRC. Speaking of which it would be great to see his return here soon after his hiatus. 

That's all I know about it. I was wondering about that myself. I would love to hear of how operations went for them and hear their experiences with running those classic Low-Vs

Edited by realizm

How often would a (B) end up run on express from 59th Street and up during a little after rush-hour? (Just happened to me around 930-10AM)

If a car number is valid, I was a 2xxx.

Basically after leaving 7 Av in Manhattan, we stopped; assuming it was waiting for a line-up then it moved and had a sudden stop; like a slam the brakes type of stop.  Next thing you know, while everyone is anticipating the left side doors to open, we pull into the express tracks and of course you know which side opens up.

On top of that, as I was exiting, I don't know if I heard right even though all the signs were labeled (B), the conductor starts saying: "This is a (D), (D), (D)."  But I had headphones on so I don't know for sure.

Edited by peacemak3r

Got to visit the old South Ferry station yesterday. It was so weird being in that station again. Last time I stepped foot there was back in 2009 when I was 17. Four years later and I got to relive a brief moment of my childhood.

I have to say that 2013 has been an interesting year for me. I relived a few moments of my childhood: R62As on the (6)/<6>, R62As on the (2) (post 9/11), and now the old South Ferry. What a year so far, and it's not even half over !

Guest MTA Bus

There's a update on the 6/7 Train swap. Today, I caught the R62A 6 Train at Brooklyn Bridge and I rode it to Canal St. When the train left, I noticed that the set was all 1700s cars. It was 1741 - 1750. That's why it was not in Westchester Yard the other day. That means that 2141 - 2145 is either at Westchester or Corona. So, logically, an R188 should be going to Corona soon, if it is not already there.