SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

I'm liking this train operator and his partner.

• Closing the doors on people leisurely walking up the stairs
  • Operating the train right up to the true speed limits allowed by the signals
  • Getting the **** out of the station instead of waiting for a slow (R) to crawl in (since there were no holding lights anyway)

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many T/Os crawl between the junction and Chauncey southbound on the (J) for some reason, even though the signals are all green. Same goes for the Brooklyn IRT southbound between Nevins and Atlantic. Might be because of the numerous amount of switches in both areas.

Many T/Os crawl between the junction and Chauncey southbound on the (J) for some reason, even though the signals are all green. Same goes for the Brooklyn IRT southbound between Nevins and Atlantic. Might be because of the numerous amount of switches in both areas.

That and its downhill between the Junction and Chauncey St. Speed limit enforced there with no timers

Nevins has timers all over

Was anyone here caught in the delays that happened with the (J) and (Z) about half an hour ago?

Apparently, there was a "sick passenger" at Van Siclen Av, so my (Z) was held at Broadway Junction while two other Jamaica bound trains terminated there and were sent back to Manhattan.

I know that we all want to put this subway conquesting shit behind us but here is a quote from Ryan Terry's mother about Keyshawn

Yes—we all knew that his mom worked for MTA. But we were not trying to put her name in this as she is innocent and we are not trying to jeopardize her job!!! It was not because of her that they all got involved in the train culture. Many of these kids like my son have dreams of working for the MTA. And many of these kids go to Transit Tech High School. Keyshawn goes to Edward R. Murrow High School. With the many friends they have at Transit Tech, this is also how they get hold of the keys. And the MTA does not have the most upgraded tech equipment and video surveillance. These kids like my son have been taking the trains their whole life, so they know which stops have video & which stops do not. They know where to run so they are not caught.

Source

Edited by R42Ctrain4069

I still wonder what was the point of turning weekend (J) service at Chambers all these years for...

guess they figured the demand of ridership wasnt there for fulton and broad st especially ince broad st is a business station for NY stock excahnge wall st

They figured you might want to get a 4-minute tour of the nice Times Square complex before continuing to where you really need to be. I’ll bet Itinerary 3 takes you to the Fulton Center ( (E) -> (A)(C) -> (A)(C) -> (E)).

sadly there wasn't an itinerary 3.

The stupidity continues!

17839897864_9db4f2ddc1_z.jpgScreen Shot 2015-06-04 at 2.11.09 PM by spicker613, on Flickr