SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Meant to post this...

Bout 11:30PM at 59th St. on Thursday night, a Far Rock-bound R32 (A) pulled into the station. I never see the 32 A out that late, and it rarely goes to the Rock too. Felt like the old days, especially crushloaded with the C/R bouncing between cars with all the side changes down to 14th. 

Thanks for clarifying. Interesting. R32s on the (A) all the way.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been like that for a while, even on the (4). But what I don't get is why do select R142As have the changed sounds and the others don't. I would say it has something to do with the R188 conversion, but it also happens the (4).

They're replacing the door motors on the R142As. Obviously, they did the converted cars first and the others as the need comes for them to be replaced

What are they doing on Queens Blvd that they need the (E) and (F) to go local "north" of Roosevelt Ave after 10PM this week? They can't wait until the last (R) terminates?

On Monday around  like 10:15 or so the (E) I was on arrived @ Roosevelt Ave simultaneously with a (R) train. Guess which train they sent first? Delays, Delays, and then wait for (R) fumigation  :rolleyes:  :angry: 

It's really simple, mitigate delays! 

Had a T/O on the Flushing the other day with some bizarre operating practices. I had a Manhattan-bound RFW which was a treat, but this guy was bizarre. He'd run very fast up to every timer and then slam the brakes, barely clearing, and then he'd get as close to the train in front as possible and get stopped at every timer. Never once did he wait at a station for a little extra time, even when leaving Hunters Point when he had a red and was only about a train length behind another (7). Instead of communicating with the C/R, the doors were shut and he inched forward until a door was out of the station and then put the brakes back on and sat for about a minute until the signal cleared. Customers weren't too impressed on the platform. At Grand Central, he stopped the train one car into the station on a double yellow and sat there for about a minute until pulling all the way in just to wait on another red light. Couldn't figure out what he was doing.

Had a T/O on the Flushing the other day with some bizarre operating practices. I had a Manhattan-bound RFW which was a treat, but this guy was bizarre. He'd run very fast up to every timer and then slam the brakes, barely clearing, and then he'd get as close to the train in front as possible and get stopped at every timer. Never once did he wait at a station for a little extra time, even when leaving Hunters Point when he had a red and was only about a train length behind another (7). Instead of communicating with the C/R, the doors were shut and he inched forward until a door was out of the station and then put the brakes back on and sat for about a minute until the signal cleared. Customers weren't too impressed on the platform. At Grand Central, he stopped the train one car into the station on a double yellow and sat there for about a minute until pulling all the way in just to wait on another red light. Couldn't figure out what he was doing.

I think I had him on an R62A before, was this during the week/rush hour?

I have a question, could R160's run on the (A) before the R179 completion during the summer? Or would it still be a weight problem?

Hey all! I hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying the beautiful weather out there today. :)

I am currently doing a paper on CBTC in the NYC Subway system, and I was wondering if any of you know of good starting points for research that I could use - be it journals, articles, reports, etc - that would be of help to me. Anything goes, and again, all I really need are a good few starting points - thank you all so much in advance!