SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just seen a Franklin Av Shuttle with passengers at the southbound platform at Prospect Park

Cool. There was a G/O like that a few months back and I got a video of Botanic Garden to Prospect Park via that track, although in that obfuscated RFW the R68s have.

Sorry to jump in

Yay, 7 trains delayed tonight. Mom said that she waited half an hour at TSQ while two 7 trains were "stuck" in the station.

Apparently, the MTA website does not like posting delays like what happened tonight.

sorry to jump in but yeah does signal problem caused major delays and backups in service they sended like 5 sets of R62as back to Corona yard the MTA really needs to work on updating the signal infastructure

Cool. There was a G/O like that a few months back and I got a video of Botanic Garden to Prospect Park via that track, although in that obfuscated RFW the R68s have.

yeah I like those G/O on the Franklin (S) sometimes they only have one train running on the (S) during G/Os and you're right that the R68s have horrible RFW Edited by R3216068E

Quick question: When crews are beginning a run (ie. crew switching on the (D) at Bedford Park Blvd), the conductor always goes on the PA and says "do you have the lineup?" to which the operator usually replies with "yes I have the lineup." What does the "lineup" refer to?

Quick question: When crews are beginning a run (ie. crew switching on the (D) at Bedford Park Blvd), the conductor always goes on the PA and says "do you have the lineup?" to which the operator usually replies with "yes I have the lineup." What does the "lineup" refer to?

The lineup refers to the signal at a terminal.

Well never mind me then. I never taken the (Q) nor the (N) before. I was thinking of taking either line because I really like the R68. I took the (E) to Court Sq for the (G) to Hoyt-Schermerhorn for the (A) or (C) to Chambers just to ride the R68.... I was thinking that both Astoria lines still uses R68 but I was wrong, R160 it is. Like I say, never rode (Q)(N) . I did took the (D) from W4 St to Coney Island and the (F) back to Jay St for the (A) to Far Rock.

R68s and/or R68As do show up on the (N) and/or (Q) from time to time.

I was on the (Q) at Coney Island and as the train was leaving, on the other side of the track, I saw a R68 on the (N) platform. On the side of one car, I saw a diamond <Q> sign that was only half shown and the rest of the cars had the (N) sign . I was not able to take the picture in time as the train was leaving. As the train left the station, I found out it was the (N) , so I quickly took the picture. This was around 10am today.

R68%20N_zpso4gan59f.jpg

Cool.

I remember I used to catch an R68A on the (N) during rush hours (mostly in the morning) a couple of times last year and also earlier this year. Nowdays, I might just wait until I run into one whenever I return to taking the (N) and/or (Q).