SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duplicating lines are not useless. The 3 provides a connection between the New Lots/Livonia line and 7th Avenue. Severing that connection would shift all those riders over to the 2 and 4, both of which have their own riders.

I would love for the MTA to make Chambers St or Canal St (J)(Z) a full time terminal for the (Z) train, Renovate both stations, and fully open and renovate the Bowery station

You realize the (Z) is NOT even a real line - it's just the (J) doing limited stops. What purpose does having the (Z) not start at Broad St serve??

I love this forum. You'll believe misinformation in the NY Post, but if a member reports something, everyone demands PROOF before they'll believe it. Those signs in the Pelham crew room which state "All T/Os must bring their brake handle to work every day" are proof enough that something's about to happen.

I do prefer the Redbirds, R32s, R38s, R40s and R42s because they were the older generation of subway cars that made the system interesting, despite the flaws they had - such as the R40 Slants' and R42s' rust issues and the Redbirds' deteriorated bodies. I love the motor sounds the R32s, R42s and R44s make after going past 40 or 50 miles per hour. I love the roaring and hauling all the A Division cars and the B Division's 60 foot cars make. The view of the window by the Redbirds, R32s, R38s, R40s, and R42s is just a bonus (which is why I tried to thicker with that after school on my free time while the R32s were on the (A) line last summer). Hope to first get an RFW on the entire (J)(Z) route with the R42s.

I love this forum. You'll believe misinformation in the NY Post, but if a member reports something, everyone demands PROOF before they'll believe it. Those signs in the Pelham crew room which state "All T/Os must bring their brake handle to work every day" are proof enough that something's about to happen.

1. I hate the Post and I don't believe what I read in it. I only believe it when a TA employee posts info without sources. For example I have never doubted you.

2. I'm thousands of miles away. So I can only rely on what I read here.

Edited by 6 Lexington Ave

Thanks!

That actually brings me nicely into my next question, where are the tightest curves on B division lines where 75 footers do operate? (That includes the (N) and (Q), which sometimes have 68s).

there is the sb side north of the prospect park stop on the Franklin s, it's not used often, but has been used a few times. Someone also mentioned city hall bmt just south of the station.