BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

16 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Not too often where you get into an accident. BxM1 hit a car, but didn’t injure anyone. Luckily, a BxM3 picked us up.

You got really lucky. That BxM3 was probably only on the street you were on due to the marathon closing off 5th Avenue and the Madison Avenue Bridge. And even then there's a couple of different ways the express buses can go.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, paulrivera said:

Supposedly there's a shuttle bus running between the (N) station and 125/Lexington, but lord only knows how often it's running...

Who knows...

I did find it odd that the b/o (of the M60 I took) stated that if you need to get off at Madison or Lexington, "you can walk back".... No mention was made of a shuttle bus by her whatsoever... Matter fact, throughout the stint in Queens, she announced that after "31st in Astoria", the next stop will be 145th & Lenox...

5 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Who knows...

I did find it odd that the b/o (of the M60 I took) stated that if you need to get off at Madison or Lexington, "you can walk back".... No mention was made of a shuttle bus by her whatsoever... Matter fact, throughout the stint in Queens, she announced that after "31st in Astoria", the next stop will be 145th & Lenox...

A lot of the shuttles were extra as assigned trips. We had shuttle trips on the S51 too and this morning was the first time that I’ve found that one out. 

2 hours ago, paulrivera said:

You got really lucky. That BxM3 was probably only on the street you were on due to the marathon closing off 5th Avenue and the Madison Avenue Bridge. And even then there's a couple of different ways the express buses can go.

Yep, BxM3 was trucking down Lexington, luckily, it was upper East Harlem (118th) instead of by around 96th. 

1 hour ago, Bx41 boi said:

why doesn't the XD60s run in The Bronx anymore

They were moved for artic conversion for the B38/Limited, Q12 and B1. Parts wise for easier maintenance at mentioned depot(s) (New Flyer) 

Plus, they received Nova LFSAs from former SBS routes that were unwrapped and newer ones wrapped for local service in exchange. 

Edited by Calvin

28 minutes ago, Lex said:

In addition to using them to convert certain routes, the MTA was trying to increase fleet uniformity (tbh, Queens is a real mess in this regard).

This also allows transfers for certain fleet model units to other depots for retirement.

Example: Next Gens from Grand to MHV, XD-40s from Ulmer Park to ENY/FP removing old gens from service. 

Edited by Calvin

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Anyone fanning in Midtown right now.. 5596 is on the M42. Have a nice day.

2 hours ago, Xcelsior Man said:

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I saw 5596(LFSA) on the M42 based on the tracker. Is this a glitch or is it a random run of the 60ft on that short route ? It can count back to when 6143(XD60) ran the B41 in January 2020.  

If it wasn't a glitch, then that bus was sent out immediately between runs. It's currently on the M60.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

This morning 7121 and 7122 were on the B42 back to back haha, one of these two was still running on the B42 as of a few minutes ago.

The other day, I walked from the street the Bx17 runs on via E Tremont & Burnside to Grand Concourse. A BX42 was a couple stops behind me... Me and the BX42 got to GC at the same time! Traffic is really ruining bus service in this city.