• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, trainfan22 said:

This morning 7121 and 7122 were on the B42 back to back haha, one of these two was still running on the B42 as of a few minutes ago.

The other day, I walked from the street the Bx17 runs on via E Tremont & Burnside to Grand Concourse. A BX42 was a couple stops behind me... Me and the BX42 got to GC at the same time! Traffic is really ruining bus service in this city. 

That’s an understatement! 

Every morning I take the Q64 to Forest Hills for the subway and during the weekdays, traffic is sometimes so bad during the AM rush that the commute time is almost triple of what it normally is. The commute to Forest Hills-71 Ave station is usually 12-15 mins from my stop but sometimes it can be damn near 35-40 mins like it was Wednesday morning. 
You’ll have a good 6-8 Q64 buses bunched together heading in one direction followed by a huge gap in service. All I say to the city is good luck trying to get more people onto buses because it seems like more and more people are driving instead of using it public transportation and with all these missing trips, and subway delays I don’t blame them. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

15 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

That’s an understatement! 

Every morning I take the Q64 to Forest Hills for the subway and during the weekdays, traffic is sometimes so bad during the AM rush that the commute time is almost triple of what it normally is. The commute to Forest Hills-71 Ave station is usually 12-15 mins from my stop but sometimes it can be damn near 35-40 mins like it was Wednesday morning. 
You’ll have a good 6-8 Q64 buses bunched together heading in one direction followed by a huge gap in service. All I say to the city is good luck trying to get more people onto buses because it seems like more and more people are driving instead of using it public transportation and with all these missing trips, and subway delays I don’t blame them. 

It is nearly impossible to even be put in place these days with the amount of traffic that does spill over into any surrounding streets. They need to revert most of these traffic signal changes to what they were before because spending 2 minutes or more stuck at one light is infuriating!

13 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

It is nearly impossible to even be put in place these days with the amount of traffic that does spill over into any surrounding streets. They need to revert most of these traffic signal changes to what they were before because spending 2 minutes or more stuck at one light is infuriating!

Sitting at a long light when your already 40+ minutes late drives me up the wall. One red light can set you back by 5 minutes...

Edited by Lawrence St

I saw that video – it seems like it didn't blow off, but rather the bus hit it while it was uneven, and tipped the cover so it was vertical, and the cover is so strong that it supported the weight of the whole bus on top of it. Which is crazy to think about by itself, but I guess those things are some tough steel.

Expect Delays

Q7, Q9, Q41 and Q112 buses may experience delays because of construction on the Van Wyck Expy overpass at Rockaway Blvd

Until further notice

Posted: 11/03/2021 08:56AM

If I remember correctly, the 9, 41 and 112 cross the Van Wyck but not at Rockaway Blvd

2 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

Expect Delays

Q7, Q9, Q41 and Q112 buses may experience delays because of construction on the Van Wyck Expy overpass at Rockaway Blvd

Until further notice

Posted: 11/03/2021 08:56AM

If I remember correctly, the 9, 41 and 112 cross the Van Wyck but not at Rockaway Blvd

Some of the overpasses except for a few are seeing a significant amount of work south of Atlantic Ave, especially Liberty Avenue, 109 Ave and Rockaway Avenue

Looks like the LFS HEVs are beginning to come back into service slowly but surely. 9702 just reentered service on the M98, joining test units 9660 and 9745, which were in service last week. Many HEVs have returned or are returning to their depots as well, hence why the loans are returning. 

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

Are the Academy buses that were on the SIM23/24 being retired after the new year? Or just not operated on those routes anymore

geez, I hope they will be retired. I've always wondered what model year those units were... from any pix i see of 'em, they look a tad on the tired side

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

13 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

geez, I hope they will be retired. I've always wondered what model year those units were... from any pix i see of 'em, they look a tad on the tired side

1901-1930 were the 2002-2004 GO Transit units; 1931-1940 were former 2003 NJT units.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Academy_Bus_Lines_1901-1930

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Academy_Bus_Lines_1931-1940

Saw a video of the LFS HEVs getting stored in 126th, it’s funny to me how that depot is more used than the New barren wasteland that is the ENY Command Center. Personally, I think they should reopen 126th, but they will most likely not. 

1 hour ago, NBTA said:

Saw a video of the LFS HEVs getting stored in 126th, it’s funny to me how that depot is more used than the New barren wasteland that is the ENY Command Center. Personally, I think they should reopen 126th, but they will most likely not. 

I thought the old 126th depot was going to be demolished sometime after it closed down. If I remember correctly wasn’t the reason that the depot was closed is because it was on top of an old burial ground? 
Seeing it being used to store buses all these years later makes me question whether or not that depot needed to be closed in the first place because I can’t help but think politics were involved. 

10 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I thought the old 126th depot was going to be demolished sometime after it closed down. If I remember correctly wasn’t the reason that the depot was closed is because it was on top of an old burial ground? 
Seeing it being used to store buses all these years later makes me question whether or not that depot needed to be closed in the first place because I can’t help but think politics were involved. 

Personally, 126th didn’t need to be closed. Amid of the issues surrounding the property  especially with the overcrowding in the Manhattan Division. If 126 were to possibly re-open a more effective Upper Manhattan Division could be formed to deal with the overcrowding with the routes in Manhattan or move the museum buses to 126th and re-activate Amsterdam/129th Street Depot 

Edited by Future ENY OP

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Personally, 126th didn’t need to be closed. Amid of the issues surrounding the property  especially with the overcrowding in the Manhattan Division. If 126 were to possibly re-open a more effective Upper Manhattan Division could be formed to deal with the overcrowding with the routes in Manhattan or move the museum buses to 126th and re-activate Amsterdam/129th Street Depot 

Moving the M60, M15, and M35 into 126th gives MJQ, Hale and 100th an extra spot to move bus lines. Hale can probably take on 2-3 more standard lines with the removal of the M15. 

5 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Moving the M60, M15, and M35 into 126th gives MJQ, Hale and 100th an extra spot to move bus lines. Hale can probably take on 2-3 more standard lines with the removal of the M15. 

126:  M15SBS/LCL, M60SBS, M35 (All artic)

MCH/146: M1, M7, M31,Bx33

100/TU:  M101, M102, M103. (All artic)

MQ: Covers all crosstown up to 86th.