BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

FHHS = Fort Hamilton High School

And they let anyone on the trippers.

Forest Hills High School? Really? LMFAOO

Wow... I'm dumb! :D

Got me foaming big time for a second though. And good to know about them letting regular riders on, always wanted to ride one of the CS school tripper Orion Vs on the Q88.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Charles

No unlimited?

Unlimited cards are allowed. PPR, coins, student cards, any card is accepted -- it's simply a variation of a route that operates on a specific schedule. Anyone can ride it with any card. As mentioned before, since it's a trip geared towards high school students, ordinary passengers may not want to take it -- who wants to spend a bus ride with screaming kids?

Nope. Well some don't care, as long as u have a card but some complain you know how they are.. They'll ask you if your a student and start questioning you.

Why would operators question you if you had an unlimited? You (somehow) had to pay good money to get one. If anything, they'll question you for using a student card if you don't look the age.

Unlimited cards are allowed. PPR, coins, student cards, any card is accepted -- it's simply a variation of a route that operates on a specific schedule. Anyone can ride it with any card. As mentioned before, since it's a trip geared towards high school students, ordinary passengers may not want to take it -- who wants to spend a bus ride with screaming kids?

Why would operators question you if you had an unlimited? You (somehow) had to pay good money to get one. If anything, they'll question you for using a student card if you don't look the age.

No I'm saying, for the school trippers when they pick up at FHHS they question those who don't have a student pass. Some drivers just let the people on..

Guest Charles

No I'm saying, for the school trippers when they pick up at FHHS they question those who don't have a student pass. Some drivers just let the people on..

Gotcha, thought you meant that students were using unlimiteds.

What he said.

Technically, the driver is supposed to make the bus available to all intending passengers. But you may get a driver who questions you if you get on at the starting point, because you'd look out of place. (Most of the time, though not always, they pick up regular riders further down the line)

But depending on what route you're on, the convenience of it (it might be closer to your origin or destination, or it might save you a transfer, or if you're on a relatively infrequent route, the schedule might work out well) might make up for the fact that you have to deal with rowdy schoolkids.

What he said.

Technically, the driver is supposed to make the bus available to all intending passengers. But you may get a driver who questions you if you get on at the starting point, because you'd look out of place. (Most of the time, though not always, they pick up regular riders further down the line)

But depending on what route you're on, the convenience of it (it might be closer to your origin or destination, or it might save you a transfer, or if you're on a relatively infrequent route, the schedule might work out well) might make up for the fact that you have to deal with rowdy schoolkids.

Right.. The passengers would just ride to a certain point if on a school line. Like some buses may start somewhere and go to a certain point and cut out. Edited by ciboii22

Hell no. Orion VII CNGs have the best sound ever when they take off I mean in nyc they do..

NO Orions dont have best sounds.(Flxible Metro A,B,&C have the ultimate sounds) I believe that our NFI C40LFS 2818-3002, 2901, 2491-2496 have better sounds than our Crappy Orions, I say take them to the Graveyard and put our 1996-2000 C40LF's back in service.

NO Orions dont have best sounds.(Flxible Metro A,B,&C have the ultimate sounds) I believe that our NFI C40LFS 2818-3002, 2901, 2491-2496 have better sounds than our Crappy Orions, I say take them to the Graveyard and put our 1996-2000 C40LF's back in service.

The C40LFs here sound pretty good too I mean the new ones not much I wish they sounded alot more like the old ones. Hearing that bus take off is a nice sound.

Right.. The passengers would just ride to a certain point if on a school line. Like some buses may start somewhere and go to a certain point and cut out.

It depends on the particular tripper. Some go the full route, some short-turn, and some go to an alternate terminal.

For instance, at my school, we have eastbound S46 trippers to St. George (the full route in that direction), westbound S46 trippers to Grandview & Forest (short-turn), and southbound S44 trippers to Marsh Avenue & Richmond Hill Road (that's not the regular terminal, but it better serves the students because the regular route to Yukon Avenue doesn't serve the homes behind the mall. However, there are trippers serving the schools behind the mall, so Marsh & Richmond Hill is an official terminal on the S44).

But in some cases, the tripper could start and end at the regular terminals. For instance, there are S46 trippers from the Teleport to St. George (there's a middle school in the Teleport), but they only run on school days. I'm sure the S56 has some trippers running from Tottenville High School out to the SI Mall even though that's the regular route, because it works well the students.

It depends on the particular tripper. Some go the full route, some short-turn, and some go to an alternate terminal.

For instance, at my school, we have eastbound S46 trippers to St. George (the full route in that direction), westbound S46 trippers to Grandview & Forest (short-turn), and southbound S44 trippers to Marsh Avenue & Richmond Hill Road (that's not the regular terminal, but it better serves the students because the regular route to Yukon Avenue doesn't serve the homes behind the mall. However, there are trippers serving the schools behind the mall, so Marsh & Richmond Hill is an official terminal on the S44).

But in some cases, the tripper could start and end at the regular terminals. For instance, there are S46 trippers from the Teleport to St. George (there's a middle school in the Teleport), but they only run on school days. I'm sure the S56 has some trippers running from Tottenville High School out to the SI Mall even though that's the regular route, because it works well the students.

That's like how they had it while I was in high school...things might have changed since then...

My school was Boys & Girls right there in Fulton and Utica. They had 2 different of school trippers and they were the B25 and the B46.

For the B25, they picked up from Fulton and Stuyvesant heading towards downtown. 2 buses went from there to Cadman Plz. Only the students and faculty members were allowed on the bus and it first went non-stop from there to Nostrand as a drop off only then made all stops from there picking up passengers. At first it was with Fresh Pond (back when the 9140s were still kicking lol) then went to Flatbush.

As for the B46, there were 3 buses that start at Atlantic and Utica and does the whole drop off only shtick then made all stops to Fillmore Av picking up passengers. These were actually printed in the back of the map (might still be).

No one paid on either bus unless they had a half fare card and just needed a transfer

Heres a flashback question I was thinking about:

before the QBx1 became the Q50 Limited/Bx23, they were using the orion 5s but replaced with RTS. Now they got back their Orion 5s and got rid of their RTS, I wonder why?

Edited by Calvin

Heres a flashback question I was thinking about:

before the QBx1 became the Q50 Limited/Bx23, they were using the orion 5s but replaced with RTS. Now they got back their Orion 5s and got rid of their RTS, I wonder why?

Simply because Eastchester wasn't operating the QBx1. The old Q50 had some RTS's now and then I believe, but it was way different.

They really should just that damn bus already. It's like 2013... Get with the times (MTA)! The van is much more noticeable and pleasant to see in the neighborhood.

Yeah like no one notices a huge ass blue 40 foot bus with the word METROCARD on it

...besides, the bus is getting worked on right now, might still be at Ulmer Park

Edited by Fresh Pond