BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 reasons there was a demo here a few years ago and they did not like it, another reason why is that they won't do a deal cause there was an article going around  i think here or on subchat  regarding a bus shortage in the mid 90's and gillig was quoted as saying that they would go bankrupt if they did business with the NYCTA

The Gillig demo that we had was to test the hybrid propulsion.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9849 is so very not dead. Q65 this morning, Q25/Q34 this afternoon.

Yet no one believed me when I said that "this is probably not the last run for this bus" on last Friday's fantrip. 

Now watch it run the Q53 tomorrow. Tomorrow is actually the last day since that's when the  tanks expire.

Edited by 4P3607

Yet no one believed me when I said that "this is probably not the last run for this bus" on last Friday's fantrip.

Now watch it run the Q53 tomorrow. Tomorrow is actually the last day since that's when the tanks expire.

Umm...they gotta get it to ECH before the tanks expire. Unless they gonna tow it.

Umm...they gotta get it to ECH before the tanks expire. Unless they gonna tow it.

Which they might do.

If I ever catch it taking a CP route within the next few days, (Which I might have to take the 53 tomorrow) I'm intentionally taking the next C40LF that comes behind it.

Just saw 1247 on M60 +SBS+... Knew it would happen sooner or later. And soon enough, one of the 59xx will wind up on the M15 +SBS+ if it hasn't already

There's been at least one of the 1200s on the M60 for the last few weeks.

Today was my first time taking the bus in Manhattan in years. I only touched the M72 though. It doesn't really count to me because Quill's 40 ft local routes are kinda short anyway. But I love that all their RTS's are 5000's. Caught a FP original too.

I was gonna check out the M60 since I've never seen the route in person ever, but my friend had other plans..

http://web.mta.info/nyct/maps/busqns.pdf

They updated the map to show M60 SBS service.

In addition, the path of the bus routes inside LaGuardia have been slightly modified. The Q48 is now orange.

i dont see it i links me to the old one where the m60 is orange and the q48 is blue

Edited by BreeddekalbL