BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...well today im not riding no buses...maybe next friday i'll get lucky with 4888

lol... I have a special karma with 6666 and 666... I've seen those buses more than I would like to.  666 might be retired but since then 6666 has taken it's place out of Manhattanville and then there's 6665...  <_<

lol... I have a special karma with 6666 and 666... I've seen those buses more than I would like to. 666 might be retired but since then 6666 has taken it's place out of Manhattanville and then there's 6665... <_<

666 is only a few months old now...

I was orginally going to ride the S62 all the way to St. George, but I got off at the CSI enterance stop instead and went onto campus. I'll just take the last S93 out of there.....

You mean you went inside the campus itself? You could've just waited at the stop outside of the campus (the CSI entrance stop). Unless you don't know if you'll get a seat or something. (The most crowded buses tend to be around the 5-6 PM mark. The last couple of buses generally didn't get too many people before the extension into CSI. I haven't been paying attention to how crowded they are now that they've been extended).

You mean you went inside the campus itself? You could've just waited at the stop outside of the campus (the CSI entrance stop). Unless you don't know if you'll get a seat or something. (The most crowded buses tend to be around the 5-6 PM mark. The last couple of buses generally didn't get too many people before the extension into CSI. I haven't been paying attention to how crowded they are now that they've been extended).

Yes, I went into the campus. I mean, I didn't want to be standing outside since it was cold and windy, plus I wasn't in a rush. The trip I got on didn't have many people on it, but I figure it's mainly since the semester pretty much over and there are not many students out. 

Edited by S78 via Hylan

I have some bus photos that i've taken along my travels, but it's not really related to a specific topic in the Bus Photos section. Should I start my own thread or should I post them here?

There is the "Regional Transit Photos" thread, or if not even transit-related, you can use the "Off Topic Photography" thread.

Was on a B44 last evening (5360). Holy shit they gotta get on it with repaving Nostrand. The bus itself didn't rattle and felt rock-solid, but even that brand new suspension shook like crazy. At one point (forgot what street) it felt like sitting on a jackhammer. Those buses are going to get run into the ground (like all SI routes that go through Narrows Road) rather quickly.