BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I should also mention that buses go to service centers out in NJ all the time, Daimler NA, Prevost, Detroit Diesel-Allison all in NJ and a lot of them are pretty far out.

Well regardless of whether or not they're breaking FMCSA regs by sending the buses to CT, they should just put the damn USDOT number on the side of all our buses so they don't have to worry about that. NJT puts owner, operator, USDOT & NJMVC numbers on every bus in the fleet (not just privately operated buses), and a lot of them don't operate near the state line.

Then what's the point of them then? IIRC, they get paid a fixed amount no matter how often they're pulled out, so why not use them as much as possible?

That's true, but this is the MTA we're talking about. Nothing makes sense!

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should also mention that buses go to service centers out in NJ all the time, Daimler NA, Prevost, Detroit Diesel-Allison all in NJ and a lot of them are pretty far out.

Are the buses brought out by an MTA driver or a driver for the shop?  The shops probably have a transport or dealer tag they throw in the vehicle?

Well regardless of whether or not they're breaking FMCSA regs by sending the buses to CT, they should just put the damn USDOT number on the side of all our buses so they don't have to worry about that. NJT puts owner, operator, USDOT & NJMVC numbers on every bus in the fleet (not just privately operated buses), and a lot of them don't operate near the state line.

Seriously...

Or even simply just type:

MTA BUS or NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT

US DOT #XXXXXX

(city of garage), NY

on a piece of paper and tape it in the window of each side, check to make sure the driver has their DOT card on them, and problem solved. lol  Wouldn't the bus still need a DOT inspection to operate interstate?  I really don't know about DOT inspections...

Or even simply just type:

MTA BUS or NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT

US DOT #XXXXXX

(city of garage), NY

on a piece of paper and tape it in the window of each side, check to make sure the driver has their DOT card on them, and problem solved. lol  Wouldn't the bus still need a DOT inspection to operate interstate?  I really don't know about DOT inspections...

Here's how NJ does it...

OWNER: NEW JERSEY TRANSIT CORPORATION

OPERATOR: NJ TRANSIT BUS OPERATIONS INC.

USDOT: 074293

NJMVC: 49086

S89 buses just have this in blue letters on the side: USDOT (insert TA USDOT number). City/state probably isn't necessary.

And no NYSDOT inspections do not matter, MTA is exempt from them since the operations aren't contracted out. S89 runs to NJ every day with no additional inspections.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Well, down here in Atlanta, we will receive new NFI XDE/XN40 buses. We have not received new buses since 2010, but I say replace the Orion VII's CNG(2101-2190) and not our 1996-2001 NFI C40LF's (2701-3000). They are not worth the tires they sit on.

Hell no. Orion VII CNGs have the best sound ever when they take off I mean in nyc they do..

Difference as far as what?? Engines? Signage??  :huh:

the whole 9 yards.. engines and what ever else there is

Can someone tell me the difference between all the MCI'S in the (MTA) fleet?

Now that's a better phrased question....

Perhaps you'll find the answers to your questions in the thread below.

Difference Question...

shoot now the rest of the question came to me now , remember a while i asked a similar question as in if you were trained on this does it mean are you also qualified on that?  does the same apply here? if you were trained on a 102 were you qualified for any d4500?

shoot now the rest of the question came to me now , remember a while i asked a similar question as in if you were trained on this does it mean are you also qualified on that?  does the same apply here? if you were trained on a 102 were you qualified for any d4500?

Pretty much, just need to learn whatever is different between the two.

6388 is friggin bullsh!t, no power at all up in this bitch. 20mph is a struggle. Hybdridrive is shot, this thing is over-revving like crazy and not putting anything down at the wheels. Pain in the ass.

>Ahh, good ol' Hybrid Buses....

>Continuing to unsatisfy riders for their enjoyment.

^_^

Edited by Metro CSW

Here's something I noticed the other night heading back to Riverdale... An old artic was on the M79... I had to do a double take because I thought Quill got rid of its old crappola artics, so what gives? <_<

Quill got some D60s from Tuskegee in exchange for some LFSA's.

Quill got some D60s from Tuskegee in exchange for some LFSA's.

Ugh really? That sucks big ones... Tuskegee has done terribly with their new buses...

Your uncle is robbing Quill of their LFSAs. :P

LOL! No lie, I saw him doing the M23 one morning years ago when I was on the X14.  :lol: He didn't see me though.