BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Was surprised to see both 9080 running out of FB and an R42 J set running on a Saturday yesterday, figured those were mostly rush-hour only...

Someone mentioned here or one SubChat that they run 2 sets all day on Saturday, or something.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen buses from Jamaica, Queens Village, Casey Stengel, College Point, East New York, Fresh Pond, Flatbush, Jackie Gleason, Ulmer Park and Michael J. Quill doing the (A) Shuttle Bus

Did UP put out mostly Xcelsiors on those shuttles because B64 trips that used to always be Xcelsiors had RTS's instead;now I notice the Xcelsiors returning to their normal runs...

Did UP put out mostly Xcelsiors on those shuttles because B64 trips that used to always be Xcelsiors had RTS's instead;now I notice the Xcelsiors returning to their normal runs...

Yeahh they did...im glad im starting to see the 43 Xcelsiors running around the UP lines...instead of about 30. 

I didn't see Xcelsiors. I saw RTSes with the ZF transmission

I think some are saying, "what's CT doing for their end?" Since the MTA is NY state, not CT. I wonder what signs they use for the MNXR shuttle? just standard 'shuttle'?

CTTransit is providing shuttle service as well. And the buses are using 'MNR Service'. It's the only MNR related code there is.

Who cares? I'm sure that they're just grateful for a bus.

We all know how suburban folks can get... obviously this is an emergency but some folks just don't give a damn, can't be grateful for what they got.

I think some are saying, "what's CT doing for their end?" Since the MTA is NY state, not CT. I wonder what signs they use for the MNXR shuttle? just standard 'shuttle'?

Speaking of 9080, saw it again this morning along with c40lf 818 on the B9.

CTTransit, Greater Bridgeport Transit and DATTCO are providing SOME buses, from what I heard a very small amont of them. MTA Bus/NYCT is sending most of the buses, LFSAs, XD60s, the MCIs from storage, 3000s, even the new CTs. Since MTA operates service under contract to CT, it's probably considered their job to arrange buses/alternate service for the most part.