BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Well that doesn't mean that the RTS's are leaving brooklyn. What if the MTA took away the XD40's from UP and brought them to FP, GA or even Manhattan Depots.

Well i know the RTS arent leaving...so thats why i want bustime so i can know when an XD40 is coming..if the XD40s leave..then im using JG routes...

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i know the RTS arent leaving...so thats why i want bustime so i can know when an XD40 is coming..if the XD40s leave..then im using JG routes...

Wow, I've heard guys having bus favorites, but waiting for a specific bus model every single day is just completely stupid. Its just a waste of time, just take whatever comes first and that's it. BusTime doesn't do miracles.

I thought you lived in Staten Island so why are you in Brooklyn all the time. Those Orion's are suffering as well. Next year the RTS's and Orion v's all together will be between 15-18 years old time for them to go :)

Well im not paying $2.50 for an RTS...i ride the O5s all the time on staten island...over there i ride anything all the buses feel safe and run good...not my favorite..but i dont mind them. In brooklyn...i ride the B1, B8, B82, B36 B68 etc. So i dont care which bus i take...except an RTS. They smell like gas fumes...junk...dont feel safe...they jerk..so...why should i have a terrible ride...when i can have a decent ride in the next ten minutes. I dont accept garbage...i like official legit things...shyt the O5s are just like the RTS in terms of age and i rather ride them anyday.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Well im not paying $2.50 for an RTS...i ride the O5s all the time on staten island...over there i ride anything all the buses feel safe and run good...not my favorite..but i dont mind them. In brooklyn...i ride the B1, B8, B82, B36 B68 etc. So i dont care which bus i take...except an RTS. They smell like gas fumes...junk...dont feel safe...they jerk..so...why should i have a terrible ride...when i can have a decent ride in the next ten minutes. I dont accept garbage...i like official legit things...shyt the O5s are just like the RTS in terms of age and i rather ride them anyday.

That's just infantile. All of the older diesel buses act the same way. Orion Vs jerk and I've been on a hell of a lot of them to know that, same for EVERY OTHER diesel bus in the system. This is getting ridiculous. Just pay your 2.50 and get one whatever comes through first. Stop finding faults in something just because.

There's buses I don't like, but I don't avoid them. If I gotta get somewhere, I will.

And if its all about the B400R thing, take that logic and shove it.

To avoid a whole system of lines because of a specific fleet being gone and you're refusing to ride a different fleet is an obsession. But that's my 2 cents

Edited by Cait Sith

I don't give a damn anymore. Let people do whatever the f**k the like, damn their ignorance in the process. I tell you more and more people around here are starting to sound like a certain R32 fan.

Man, I tell you, the day I start entertaining the bus version of Christopher Henderson, shit.

Noticed on thursday a b11 c40lf 491? Had what looked like damage to the rear right side like something was broken off and there looked like some greenish corrosion forming there. Dunno how long ago it happened, but hope they fix it asap.

This is just getting ridiculous.

jeez, and i thought that nonsense was put to rest a while ago, sigh can't change some habits i guess... Edited by Grand Concourse

What if...

THE (MTA)METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY HAS CHOSEN TO AWARD GILLIG LIMITED LIABILITY CORPORATION IN HAYWARD, CALIFORNIA AN ORDER FOR 90 GILLIG BRT PLUS BUSES FOR THE NEW BUS QUALIFICATION PROGRAM (NBQP) TO BETTER DETERMINE RESULTS OF THE (BT&E) BUS TEST AND EVALUATION FLEET.

Hypotheticals are fun.

1009 also came out on the Q52.

I'll admit that had me double taking, almost thought it was legit.

No further comment needed, lol.

I could see that happening down the next bus stop. It's just a matter of when rather then if it will happen.

Your inquiry is appreciated.

What if...

Hypotheticals are fun.

I could see that happening down the next bus stop. It's just a matter of when rather then if it will happen.

No further comment needed, lol.

Your inquiry is appreciated.

come for a visit in lee county fl, you'll see nothing but gilligs, low floors and brt  in both versions diesel and hybrid here. dont forget the 29 footers too and an el dorado reject.

Edited by BreeddekalbL

come for a visit in lee county fl, you'll see nothing but gilligs, low floors and brt  in both versions diesel and hybrid here. dont forget the 29 footers too and an el dorado reject.

I live in Florida where Gillig models like the BRTs, Advantage, Trolleybuses, and Phantoms rule the state in various sizes and engine combos. Along with NABIs.

Edited by DJ MC

Those new C40LFs have gotten so boring now, IMO...

I haven't rode a XD40 since, uhhhh, August 22nd of 2013. Gotta ride that bus more often. :(

Righty! But it's funny how the C40s get boring faster than the XD40s. I live by two ENY routes & a FP route (F***k the Q54). So for me it's kinda the other way around lol

Coming from someone that grew up by the B67, I don't really miss JG routes as much I thought I would when I moved.  <_<

Edited by E For Erica