BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

What depots ate typically used for mnr shuttles?

What depots are typically used for lirr shuttles to penn,what about to Atlantic

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

Anything that they can get is used in emergencies. Planned work uses typically the closest MTA Bus (occasionally TA as well) depots or outside contractors the MTA has on standby (usually shuttles further out from the city are more likely to be run by the contractors).

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see so they shuttle in whatever mta bus depot they can use

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

NYCT is used in most emergencies and even planned work, planned work uses MTA Bus mostly though. The derailment the other day brought out buses from both NYCT and MTA Bus and from as far out as SI!

Since always... Some of them may have been painted white though. The small font is supposedly due to the Airline ads on those buses.

Or the lack of available correct standard Helvetica font number decal stickers which I don't know why they don't mass produce enough for available repainted buses.

Or the lack of available correct standard Helvetica font number decal stickers which I don't know why they don't mass produce enough for available repainted buses.

That's what I originally thought too... I also don't understand why they can't produce 8's correctly.  It's always in bold for some odd reason when they repaint and renumber the buses.

3110 just got road called for a broken wiper. Amazing how something so small can be so important.

If the driver would have hit something/somebody in this rain, they would have pinned it completely on him for not calling the broken wiper it.......

***just found out that the BYD bus will be coming back after they make a few NYCTA inspired changes...

If the driver would have hit something/somebody in this rain, they would have pinned it completely on him for not calling the broken wiper it.......

***just found out that the BYD bus will be coming back after they make a few NYCTA inspired changes...

Very true. Don't get me wrong, the op was in the right, but pretty funny seeing a full bus of passengers empty out for a wiper.

Interesting about the BYD...

Nice to see BYD staying in the running for now.

On an unrelated note, anyone plan on fanning the X23/24 while the routes are at Atlantic?

Thinking about it. I was making a roster based on pics and observations, so I might as well try and find as many of those coaches as possible.

Grand Avenue's fleet age averages to 12.5 years old. Considering buses are meant to be retired after 12 years in general, that's pretty impressive. Ulmer touches in at 12.1 years old on average for the locals.

For reference, even "stepchild" LGA's local fleet averages to 10.2 years old.

The winner, however, is Eastchester, whose local fleet is 14.7 years old on average.

Edited by MHV9218

Nice to see BYD staying in the running for now.

On an unrelated note, anyone plan on fanning the X23/24 while the routes are at Atlantic?

Them MCIs sounds damn nice with the JAKES but they ain't the 7400s outta HOWELL.

I think they got some Detroit powered Vanhools too with good Jakes.

Grand Avenue's fleet age averages to 12.5 years old. Considering buses are meant to be retired after 12 years in general, that's pretty impressive. Ulmer touches in at 12.1 years old on average for the locals.

For reference, even "stepchild" LGA's local fleet averages to 10.2 years old.

The winner, however, is Eastchester, whose local fleet is 14.7 years old on average.

ECH and LGA needs new buses period. LGA has too many 17 year old buses(RTS) so of course their fleet is going to have problems. ECH needs at 25 buses so I wouldn't be suprised if convert Orion VII's from BP and or JFK go to them when they get their new order of artic buses.

On the express in from the Bronx. Metrocard gave a free transfer from the 1, which seems oddly generous. I still think this is a crazy luxury compared to the train, but damn if luxury isn't pleasant...

I didnt want to post that on this site...but since you did i'll mention mine. i took the 4 to union square...then the X28 to brooklyn and got an x-fer. I was like whatt!

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888