Osama Bin Laden is Dead

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

President Obama is talking now, and he confirmed Osama's death. And more stuff.

Osama bin Laden, hunted as the mastermind behind the worst-ever terrorist attack on U.S. soil, has been killed, sources told ABC News.

Bin Laden was killed in a ground attack by Joint Special Operations Command forces working with the CIA, not a drone strike, a national security source told ABC News.

According to a national security source, a compound in Pakistan where therror mastermind was believed to be had been monitored for months. When the decision was made to move on it, special operations forces were sent across the border from Afghanistan to launch a ground attack and take the body.

DNA testing confirmed that it was bin Laden, sources told ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-killed/story?id=13505703

What's funny about this is that the attempted Times Square bombing happened last year on this date.

Even funnier is that on this day 10 years ago, Bush gave that "Mission Accomplished" speech

A lil too coincidental in my books

Well celebrations have started in Times Sq, Downtown Washington and across America.

Idiots. It's just Osama...its not like Al-Queda was defeated. There shouldn't be any celebrations right now. And from a personal standpoint I think it would be a lot better if he were alive and brought in to face punishment.

It's not over. Not till terrorism, and all terrorist groups are officially dead, and buried. We shall not rest until this threat is squashed. After all Hitler rose to power in a gang similar to a terrorist group. We must prevent, and kill all gangs and terrorist groups. It would finally bring us peace.

It's not over. Not till terrorism, and all terrorist groups are officially dead, and buried. We shall not rest until this threat is squashed. After all Hitler rose to power in a gang similar to a terrorist group. We must prevent, and kill all gangs and terrorist groups. It would finally bring us peace.

You're naive. When one group falls another always rises to take its place. The best thing to hope for is that we're able to defeat each as they come. And even then the last 10 yrs is proof that this country is easily brought into a state of fear. We'll just keep wondering "what if" each time.

Idiots. It's just Osama...its not like Al-Queda was defeated. There shouldn't be any celebrations right now. And from a personal standpoint I think it would be a lot better if he were alive and brought in to face punishment.

You're naive. When one group falls another always rises to take its place. The best thing to hope for is that we're able to defeat each as they come. And even then the last 10 yrs is proof that this country is easily brought into a state of fear. We'll just keep wondering "what if" each time.

Two of the best posts so far. The only other positive thing that comes out of this is that the other organizations wont have the money that Osama had funded for the attacks and weapons and so-on. But as always, there are ways to acquire such things.

Even if he was just a figurehead, his death is still huge and I don't see why people shouldn't celebrate it. Now if only they put photos of his dead body on every newspaper in the morning.

God Bless the United States Of America, because freedom and liberty will outlive the forces of tyranny and oppression! Thank You US Military, David Petraeus, the CIA, and (as much as I disagree with his politics) President Obama! Thank God Bin Laden is dead and I hope that ******* ******* rots in hell!

Just because OSAMA is dead, does NOT mean peace will come fast.. Who knows what will happen in the future as The Al Qadeden leader is dead.. We have more to deal with now as there are other terrorist out there besides him..

Peace will come slowly, it ill take time... WORLD peace, NOT peace like crime..

Lets hope for the best!

Archived