New Flyer C40LF Discussion

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nowhere near...the oldest 7500s were built in 2002-2003, and WF's buses are only eight or so years old. Buses will be there for a long time, expect a repower and maybe a recertiying of the tanks come 2016 or so.

On tanks alone, the buses should be good for the rest of the 2010s. The question is: will the bodies hold up?

The initial C40 order (185-319) with one option (319-569) is now complete. Delivery of the Orion contract assignment buses, (570-644) is now underway, and MTA still holds an option for up to 90 additional buses of the additional contract, and up to 30 off the Orion contract. However, options for 120 buses wil not be exercised.

Wow! I never knew you did that stuff!!!

You would actually be amazed if you know what all I do! Lol.

Yeah... I don't get it.

I'd expect some C40LF's at LGA.

I know, JK!

Can you PLEASE make some sense for once?! All you have been posting lately is just complete nonsense....

The initial C40 order (185-319) with one option (319-569) is now complete. Delivery of the Orion contract assignment buses, (570-644) is now underway, and MTA still holds an option for up to 90 additional buses of the additional contract, and up to 30 off the Orion contract. However, options for 120 buses wil not be exercised.

They'd be shitting bricks if they ever knew...lmfao

theres not enough to replace all of them, they ether keep 20 or the Q66,19/38(goes back) goes to LGA in January

I can't see all three going to LGA. The Q66 requires a lot of buses. The Q19 won't be anything so it could go back. If anything local routes should be shifting to CP since its a bigger depot. LGA already has the Q18,Q23,Q29,Q33,Q39,Q47,Q49,Q53,Q67,Q69,Q72,Q100,Q101,Q102,Q103 and Q104.

That's probably why they can't take care of the buses because they are using them and the buses don't get time to rest or fixed up. If the Q53 goes to FR or JFK and the Q49 and Q29 to CP. Yeah CP is getting 44 so they are going to need about 20 buses. They can push out some Orion VII CNG's from JG to CP and have the other option for the replacement for those buses.

How many 2012 C40LF New Flyer CNG will able to replace remaining Orion5 CNG at Spring Creek Depot. They have 11 Orion5 CNG remaining left at Spring Creek Depot.

Q19, Q38, Q66 is going to LGA Depot in January, LGA would be all local service. LGA needs more RTS and hybrids from SC.

45 MCI will transfer from LGA to CP.

QM12, QM24/QM25 is going to CP Depot in January, CP would be all express service with 4 local routes (Q25, Q34, Q64, Q65)

Q53 will split with FR or JFK soon?

I can't see all three going to LGA. The Q66 requires a lot of buses. The Q19 won't be anything so it could go back. If anything local routes should be shifting to CP since its a bigger depot. LGA already has the Q18,Q23,Q29,Q33,Q39,Q47,Q49,Q53,Q67,Q69,Q72,Q100,Q101,Q102,Q103 and Q104.

That's probably why they can't take care of the buses because they are using them and the buses don't get time to rest or fixed up. If the Q53 goes to FR or JFK and the Q49 and Q29 to CP. Yeah CP is getting 44 so they are going to need about 20 buses. They can push out some Orion VII CNG's from JG to CP and have the other option for the replacement for those buses.

If the MTA wants to, they can just retain and transfer some or all of the remaining 2000's C40LF units from JG that are in good mechanical condition, as long as the tanks are still good to go. This way, JG can displace their remaining old C40LF's from 2000 to MTA Bus so that CP replace their remaining Orion V CNG's after their last batch of new C40LF's (i'm assuming Spring Creek will become 100% C40LF's for their local fleet).

In the other hand, LGA depot desperately needs an expansion to be able to handle more routes and more buses, or at least split the runs between them and CP, or the very least, have some rush hour trippers from CP as long as CP has enough buses so that LGA has time to maintain their fleet properly. At this rate, they won't have enough buses to maintain adequate service if they get the Q19 and Q38 back and the Q66 in exchange for the QM12 and the QM24/25, if those swaps are confirmed for the next pick.

I guess we will just have to wait and see how this turns out for the MTA..

Guest MTA Bus

I think that some of the LGA bus routes should go to CP because CP is a lot bigger than LGA, so it could most likely hold more buses. Also, the CP buses are always be taken care of.

Will this order that is starting to come in be 2012 model year or 2013?

Also a member said earlier that he saw them "keeping up with" traffic on the last batch of the original coming in... Did they take the governor

Burrstone: You're Batman!

East New York: Yea Yea, I am Batman!

If the MTA wants to, they can just retain and transfer some or all of the remaining 2000's C40LF units from JG that are in good mechanical condition, as long as the tanks are still good to go. This way, JG can displace their remaining old C40LF's from 2000 to MTA Bus so that CP replace their remaining Orion V CNG's after their last batch of new C40LF's (i'm assuming Spring Creek will become 100% C40LF's for their local fleet).

In the other hand, LGA depot desperately needs an expansion to be able to handle more routes and more buses, or at least split the runs between them and CP, or the very least, have some rush hour trippers from CP as long as CP has enough buses so that LGA has time to maintain their fleet properly. At this rate, they won't have enough buses to maintain adequate service if they get the Q19 and Q38 back and the Q66 in exchange for the QM12 and the QM24/25, if those swaps are confirmed for the next pick.

I guess we will just have to wait and see how this turns out for the MTA..

Those New Flyers are Just as old as the Orion V CNG's, to Me they are gonna wind up keeping selected ones until they figure out something, those Buses aren't in that much in bad shape, a good chunk of them are, but you have about 20-15 of them that are still holding up very good, them old C40LF's have More Mileage on them than the Orion V's, thats why they are going faster than the Orion V CNG's, I bet the Q66 stays at CP, its not even confirmed yet, rerember the Orion VII's are slated to get repowerd soon with Cummins Westport ISL G's in the future so something has to full in for those too until they return back, the 1999 Orion V CNG's CAN LAST 15 years so it no big deal if they kept 15-20 of them still until they reach the 500,000 mile point, ive been on that only have close to 350,000 miles on it, it would make sense to keep a few of them, they are very stupid for not doing an option order for more C40LF's oh well, they will figure out something, but I bet you will see a few Orion V CNG's survive for another 6 months to a year

Those New Flyers are Just as old as the Orion V CNG's, to Me they are gonna wind up keeping selected ones until they figure out something, those Buses aren't in that much in bad shape, a good chunk of them are, but you have about 20-15 of them that are still holding up very good, them old C40LF's have More Mileage on them than the Orion V's, thats why they are going faster than the Orion V CNG's, I bet the Q66 stays at CP, its not even confirmed yet, rerember the Orion VII's are slated to get repowerd soon with Cummins Westport ISL G's in the future so something has to full in for those too until they return back, the 1999 Orion V CNG's CAN LAST 15 years so it no big deal if they kept 15-20 of them still until they reach the 500,000 mile point, ive been on that only have close to 350,000 miles on it, it would make sense to keep a few of them, they are very stupid for not doing an option order for more C40LF's oh well, they will figure out something, but I bet you will see a few Orion V CNG's survive for another 6 months to a year

The tanks can last 15 years...the frame itself I highly doubt, given the beatings they had over the years

The tanks can last 15 years...the frame itself I highly doubt, given the beatings they had over the years

I doubt that the Orion V CNG's can last any longer. There are around 50 orion V CNG's left at CP they have served well. They might of been able to last longer only if they werent the only fleet at CP from late 2005 to November 2011. JG's Orion buses lasted for 15 years and some of them were still good.

Archived