The Millennium RTS Discussion

East New York

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! Real interested to see where they're gonna put these, IMO if they could send these to Bus Co. depots with shorter-haul expresses (like LGA SC CP) that would work out great here. I personally think TA is gonna get a lot of complaints if they end up on SI, so if they really can't do Bus Co I hope they make this an all-UP order (maybe QV as well), after all they already have BT&E buses.

NBQP/BT&E is not a MTA Bus Afair. It's only NYCTA. Again

I don't see this happening for QV and UP at all. Just Staten Island

I understand that, I was saying if MTA Bus were to be allowed to take BT&E orders it'd probably work out better in this situation. If this order is 100% Staten Island, people are going to be PISSED. Staten Island has only had motorcoaches on the express routes, it's been like that for a while and I doubt people are gonna be OK with the MTA taking away their coaches in exchange for a transit bus with subrban seating regardless of the size of the bus/seating capacity. Send these to Brooklyn or Queens where there's far less rich people and more people who'd just ride what showed up and not bitch and complain to the MTA about it not being a motorcoach. Remember, the PBLs (with the exception of New York Bus Service) only used transit buses with suburban seating on their express routes, sometimes even using buses with transit seating IIRC. People in Brooklyn and Queens have dealt with this kind of bus before.

SI/Riverdale would bitch about it, even though this IS A motorcoach, they need to go to Brooklyn/Queens, maybe transfer them to Brooklyn/Queens after the order?

These arem't really motorcoaches, they're transit buses with suburban seating, personal A/C, reading lights, etc. just like Bee-Line's suburban Orion Vs.

This is all based on speculation for crying out loud. The fact of the matter is that IF these buses go down to S.I or Brooklyn, it's all about the depots with high mileage and UP & S.I depots have that. Why do you think Yukon & Ulmer Park got the Prevosts? It wasnt just because of the aging fleet, it was because of those two depots are high mileage depots.

In any event, I see Charleston & Ulmer Park getting a piece of this order. Lets stop speculating over shit for crying out loud.

This is all based on speculation for **crying out loud.** The fact of the matter is that IF these buses go down to S.I or Brooklyn, it's all about the depots with high mileage and UP & S.I depots have that. Why do you think Yukon & Ulmer Park got the Prevosts? It wasnt just because of the aging fleet, it was because of those two depots are high mileage depots.

In any event, I see Charleston & Ulmer Park getting a piece of this order. Lets stop speculating over shit for **crying out loud.**

Yeah really, look how much crying out loud there's been! ;)

You're right though, me personally I'm just watching to see how this turns out, glad to see Milennium potentially getting a piece of the MTA pie. Appreciate the updates as always Dante.

• 2 weeks later...

The hard part is now over. The next 2 phases are final assembly and shaker testing. As of right now, preliminary details state that Altoona is not requiring a full scale test on this bus structure because it is identical to the MTS 40 footer, which is already certified and in service. After that, they can continue talks and negotiations with the MTA about acceptance in NBQP.

The Demo/Pilot would look near identical to the bus in the photo below of a 40 foot RTS Express that was sold to the Artesia Bulldogs.http://artesiabulldogfootball.com/

MTS wanted to send this bus to MTA, however it is unavailable a are most all MTS build RTS buses. The only agency that actually has one to spare is Texas A&M, and that is only because they have 25 ex-NJT units. http://www.ttmg.org/...millennium.html

This is Artesia's second RTS (below). The next RTS Express off the line will be the new 42.5 footer built 100% to MTA specs.

Chase_2_001.jpgChase_2_Inside.jpg

Photo Courtesy Millennium Transit Services, LLC

Official 2013 Branding : "The Million Mile Bus"

The hard part is now over. The next 2 phases are final assembly and shaker testing. As of right now, preliminary details state that Altoona is not requiring a full scale test on this bus structure because it is identical to the MTS 40 footer, which is already certified and in service. After that, they can continue talks and negotiations with the MTA about acceptance in NBQP.

The Demo/Pilot would look near identical to the bus in the photo below of a 40 foot RTS Express that was sold to the Artesia Bulldogs.http://artesiabulldogfootball.com/

MTS wanted to send this bus to MTA, however it is unavailable a are most all MTS build RTS buses. The only agency that actually has one to spare is Texas A&M, and that is only because they have 25 ex-NJT units. http://www.ttmg.org/...millennium.html

This is Artesia's second RTS (below). The next RTS Express off the line will be the new 42.5 footer built 100% to MTA specs.

Chase_2_001.jpgChase_2_Inside.jpg

Photo Courtesy Millennium Transit Services, LLC

Official 2013 Branding : "The Million Mile Bus"

This bus would be good for the express routes that are not heavy. Every express bus route don't need a luxury MCI or Prevost.

Beautiful!

To bad it doesn't have the V drive look in the rear. The only part of the bus I don't like is the two narrow windows. They should just make on big regular window. Whats the point in 42.5ft, why not 40ft? keep it standard, no? But like I said it looks good! I pefer this front look-design comapred to the other front design they have. I know most people hate it. lol

Beautiful!

To bad it doesn't have the V drive look in the rear. The only part of the bus I don't like is the two narrow windows. They should just make on big regular window. Whats the point in 42.5ft, why not 40ft? keep it standard, no? But like I said it looks good! I pefer this front look-design comapred to the other front design they have. I know most people hate it. lol

The MCI's and Prevosts are 42.5 feet, so that's the (MTA)'s standard for express buses...

Beautiful!

The two narrow windows are there to accomodate the rear door, should a customer specify that option. The regular size window between the wheelwell and the smaller window can be removed, to fit in a door and stepwell.

The original RTS design had the door placed in a way that it evenly took the place of a window, so you had no narrow windows like that (unless you count the one shared with the pork chop panel in the far rear.

To me, this messes up the look of the RTS and makes it resemble an older Flyer or Orion, and even the newer models of those have all uniform window slots.

Will Yonkers Depot recieve those bus if it were to use for express bus. No riders never complaining about Yonkers Depot.

Somone is bound to share their opinion on the subject should it ever be considered.

The original RTS design had the door placed in a way that it evenly took the place of a window, so you had no narrow windows like that (unless you count the one shared with the pork chop panel in the far rear.

To me, this messes up the look of the RTS and makes it resemble an older Flyer or Orion, and even the newer models of those have all uniform window slots.

Actually, those 2.5 foot windows are there because the bus is now a T-Drive. It has nothing to do with the doors, which still fit into the 5" module forward the 2.5" foot module (half window). On the 42.5 footer you only have one of these windows, as seen on page 1 of this thread.

The new RTS is available in 35, 37.5, 40, & 42.5 foot lengths. The 37 & 42 foot versions are BRT and are only available on the Express, and Extreme models. The Legend is only available in 35 & 40 foot versions.

T-Drive is the standard engine/trans layout for the industry. Allison and ZF did not want to make V-Drive anymore, so when the RTS-06 was discontinued, so was the V-Drive. T-drive is better because the engine is more accessible, and standard across the whole fleet. No matter what tipe of bus an agency operates.

There is the RTS-08 a.k.a. the Legend, which is just like the RTS-06. The RTS-10 a.k.a. the Extreme will also have the narrow front doors...

None of that is correct. I will explain a little later. A lot of what you all are asking can be found on their websibe, and throughout this thread.....

Actually, those 2.5 foot windows are there because the bus is now a T-Drive. It has nothing to do with the doors, which still fit into the 5" module forward the 2.5" foot module (half window). On the 42.5 footer you only have one of these windows, as seen on page 1 of this thread.

The new RTS is available in 35, 37.5, 40, & 42.5 foot lengths. The 37 & 42 foot versions are BRT and are only available on the Express, and Extreme models. The Legend is only available in 35 & 40 foot versions.

T-Drive is the standard engine/trans layout for the industry. Allison and ZF did not want to make V-Drive anymore, so when the RTS-06 was discontinued, so was the V-Drive. T-drive is better because the engine is more accessible, and standard across the whole fleet. No matter what tipe of bus an agency operates.

I don't understand how the engine affects the windows; unless that is why the extra 2.5 feet.

Still, on the high floor (first) picture, it makes sense, and is just like the old RTS, with evenly spaced 5ft windows until the last one, which sort of takes the place of the old pork chop window; only now it's completely rectangular and you have the full A/C behind it.

It's on the low floor, where you have the door 2.5 feet further toward the front, so that there is an additional 2.5 ft space to be filled in both in front of and behind the door, and they place the from one between the first and second 5ft panels. Why don't they just move the door back where it was? I guess it might have something to do with the high floor section in the rear? I would then place the 2.5 window next to the door, like it is on the rear side.

Archived