Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

I came out in March and my xx list number is in the low 50s. I am hoping I will be able to pick into the b division come December. This 2 hour commute is killing me. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

if you don't mind...where are you traveling from? where do u live?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came out in March and my xx list number is in the low 50s. I am hoping I will be able to pick into the b division come December. This 2 hour commute is killing me. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

if you don't mind...where are you traveling from? where do u live?

Staten Island

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Anybody have any info as far as future classes or how much more they are hiring?? I thought I saw a post some schoolcar TSS was telling someone they still need about 1000 T/Os could this be true?? I know they have hired quite a few already, and I guess theres a class starting the 29th of this month. Im re establishing my name on the list next week so was just trying to get a picture of whats going on, hoping for maybe a Sept/Oct Class maybe of getting in. Any info appreciated guys thanks

I heard the past few days, they are gonna slow it down after Sept. Take that for what you want, not really sure if it's fact. You are reinstating your name so don't be shocked if you are in August class. Again, this is not fact, just word.

If he reinstates his name soon as mentioned he will go to the next class with an opening. If July's class is maxed out then August (if there is an August Class) he will be the first name called for it based on his lower list number.

I was just appointed to the July 29th class. There may still be spots open, but I'd act fast. 180 was packed today. I heard there will be a class in either August/September (or both), but no dates are confirmed. It may not be too late for July 29!

I was just appointed to the July 29th class. There may still be spots open, but I'd act fast. 180 was packed today. I heard there will be a class in either August/September (or both), but no dates are confirmed. It may not be too late for July 29!

Congrats to you man. Yeah it was crazy there today glad I was in and out quick since it was just another drug test.

I heard the past few days, they are gonna slow it down after Sept. Take that for what you want, not really sure if it's fact. You are reinstating your name so don't be shocked if you are in August class. Again, this is not fact, just word.

Thanks Gherigfan for the info

If he reinstates his name soon as mentioned he will go to the next class with an opening. If July's class is maxed out then August (if there is an August Class) he will be the first name called for it based on his lower list number.

Thanks man for the boost haha, but like I mentioned im going next week to reinstate my name going directly to 1 Centre St, then hopefully I can say get a D/T in Aug and maybe get into a class for Sept/Oct. I still havnt gone through any of the processes D/T or Final Processing. Thanks guys for the info though

Thanks Gherigfan for the info

Thanks man for the boost haha, but like I mentioned im going next week to reinstate my name going directly to 1 Centre St, then hopefully I can say get a D/T in Aug and maybe get into a class for Sept/Oct. I still havnt gone through any of the processes D/T or Final Processing. Thanks guys for the info though

Do yourself a favor and call the liaison at 180....Barbara Shivers. Make sure she knows your name and list number. She is helpful, but shit falls through the cracks sometimes. I called her 3 days in a row to verify until she had the paperwork on her desk. She says she understands were are excited and a little nervous about getting in. Not sure of the number anymore. 

Went in yesterday for my second drug test, got there around 7:20 out before 12. Lab was fully staffed, and had it moving, next up is this damn medical.   B. Shivers # is 347-643-8218. 

Absolutely, Ms. Shivers is the point-of-contact for anyone on the T/O list. But as Gherigfan stated, you have to stay in regular contact. There's a lot going on at 180 on a daily basis-- make your name a familiar one.

Got the call today for medical and interview, scheduled for the 16th. Sooooo Close!!! List #114X.

My list # is 108x and I didn't get a phone call for my medical, so I thought I would call. Apparantly I was supposed to be there today for my Medical which I never received a phone call for they said they left a message and I asked what # did you leave a message with? They didn't answer they just transfered me to the person who makes the phone calls and she resheduled me for the 17th. Let us know how it goes for you, Good Luck.

My list # is 108x and I didn't get a phone call for my medical, so I thought I would call. Apparantly I was supposed to be there today for my Medical which I never received a phone call for they said they left a message and I asked what # did you leave a message with? They didn't answer they just transfered me to the person who makes the phone calls and she resheduled me for the 17th. Let us know how it goes for you, Good Luck.

Will do. Good luck with yours!!!

very typical. unbelievable

My list # is 108x and I didn't get a phone call for my medical, so I thought I would call. Apparantly I was supposed to be there today for my Medical which I never received a phone call for they said they left a message and I asked what # did you leave a message with? They didn't answer they just transfered me to the person who makes the phone calls and she resheduled me for the 17th. Let us know how it goes for you, Good Luck.

Same thing happened to me when I first came on the job last year. If your list# range is being called down for medical and you didn't receive one yet, I highly suggest you call 180 Livingston yourself. They will schedule you when you call if they have reached your list# range. Thank god for this thread because I would have never known they were calling people and I wouldn't be on the job right now.

Poughkipsee is this medical for train operator?

I got called yesterday for medical for train op. for Monday

anyone know what they check during medical?. only thing that worries me is the lung capacity test. it looks hard