Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Poughkipsee is this medical for train operator?

I got called yesterday for medical for train op. for Monday

anyone know what they check during medical?. only thing that worries me is the lung capacity test. it looks hard

eyes, ears, EKG, urine for diabetes, BP, weight. No lungs. They give you a long questionnaire on a computer about your medical history, answer no to everything! If you want to go on medical hold just answer yes to one of those questions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is It a big deal if I forgot to list a couple of (short-term) employers on my application? I was doing some cleaning today and found some old employee ID's. My work history goes back 15 years, and contains about 20 (give or take a few) different employers. I know I had to fill out about 8-10 additional data sheets. Anyway, each of these jobs was years ago, and I think I worked at them about a month-- tops. I didn't get fired from any of them.

I know, sounds trivial. But I've read all of these dire warnings on here about omitting information and such. I completed my application in good faith, to the "best of my recollection". No worries? Thanks!

My list # is in the 2900's I was called down a couple of weeks ago to verify my veterans status, what do you think my chances are to be called and when?

The way this list is flying by, my guess would be late 2014 or early 2015. You will definitively be called, don't worry about that. P.S. I spoke to someone from the MTA Employment Center last week and according to her. They will be pulling MORE candidates this month from list # 8098. All you folks hang in there!!! It's coming...

Just make sure you don't fall asleep in that waiting room for the medical. 2 years ago when I was there they had NY1 playing on those monitors, now there's nothing and its only you, a conversation or your thoughts in your head to keep you awake. They pulled the bullshit that I have sleep apnea because they seen me dozing off. Yes sitting there 5+ hours does that to people.

And the head doctor there wears all camouflage, like he's hunting wabbit. Watch him because he's a dick.

Edited by Dan05979

Is It a big deal if I forgot to list a couple of (short-term) employers on my application? I was doing some cleaning today and found some old employee ID's. My work history goes back 15 years, and contains about 20 (give or take a few) different employers. I know I had to fill out about 8-10 additional data sheets. Anyway, each of these jobs was years ago, and I think I worked at them about a month-- tops. I didn't get fired from any of them.

I know, sounds trivial. But I've read all of these dire warnings on here about omitting information and such. I completed my application in good faith, to the "best of my recollection". No worries? Thanks!

Call them and explain that and allow them to tell you whether it's a big deal or not. The worst that could happen is they would ask you to come in to add the additional data, but no worse since you would come off as open and forth coming about the issue. Transit loves that type of honesty.

I got called yesterday for medical for train op. for Monday

anyone know what they check during medical?. only thing that worries me is the lung capacity test. it looks hard

@Postal yes the medical will be for T/O. T/O and C/R don't have to take the spirometry test. But I had to as a cleaner which I found odd. I was fully expecting to take it when I did the C/R medical and was confused when they said that's not included. Didn't press the issue, lol.

@Postal yes the medical will be for T/O. T/O and C/R don't have to take the spirometry test. But I had to as a cleaner which I found odd. I was fully expecting to take it when I did the C/R medical and was confused when they said that's not included. Didn't press the issue, lol.

It does seem odd. However, the cleaner's job is physically more demanding and any respiratory issues will be exacerbated because it is more of an aerobic job.T/O's and C/R's won't have the same respiratory demands since the jobs is less strenuous physically.

Finally The DCAS automated phone line says that I am on a certified list.

When I first started to call it stated that I was disqualified. After inquiries and letters to DCAS the message stated that I was not on a certified list. A few months ago I turned in veteran paperwork, and now I'm on the certified list. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from now on and just a waiting game until around this time next year.

List # 22##

Hello All. Medical/Interview today, got in at 6:28am and left at 5:20pm, they love making me wait. Thankfully I got in to the July 29th class. All diagnostic tests were good except for a shaky EKG but acceptable. I did overhear the ladies saying that there were a lot of medical holds. Thanks to the posts on this forum I was able to take care of all my issues early, so thank you everyone for your excellent information. Now the fun begins, see everyone in Schoolcar!!!! BTW my number is 114X.

Edited by fonejor

Hello All it great to see things are moving again congratulations to all entering schoolcar my list is in the 1520s range and have been reading this forum for the past few months and getting exicited as they move closer to my list#.  Thanks to everyone posting and keeping us informed i will do the same so we all know where we stand.

Hello All it great to see things are moving again congratulations to all entering schoolcar my list is in the 1520s range and have been reading this forum for the past few months and getting exicited as they move closer to my list#. Thanks to everyone posting and keeping us informed i will do the same so we all know where we stand.

Captgombo, did you get called for dt yet?

I am in the 1650's

Edited by bklynpsd

I go in friday for final processing and my mother just called me saying I recieved a notice @ her house to start the sanitation process. My list # on that was high so I didnt think I would ever get a call. Is that better then the TO position?

Edited by CalvinSC

I go in friday for final processing and my mother just called me saying I recieved a notice @ her house to start the sanitation process. My list # on that was high so I didnt think I would ever get a call. Is that better then the TO position?

What was your # on sanitation? I'm on that list also but in the 4900's with a 98 score

344X and I got a 100 if i remember correctly lol

I took the physical in 2008 at a queens location thinking they were gonna call me soon. What a joke this exam was. But I know with people who left MTA to go work for sani, Less headaches over there. With TA your dealing with the customers and they have eyes on you 24-7 Sanitation is much more relaxed and great pay.