Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

What it all really boils down to, AGAIN, is that Nassau refuses to properly fund NICE bus and give those in the community who need it a ride.  NICE has a $7 million shortfall, the county has a $45 million dollar surplus and only gives NICE $3 million less than half the shortfall to run at a minimum.  What else are they doing with this surplus?  Instead they'd rather see the elderly and mentally handicapped walk 2-3 miles each day.  It makes me sick!

From what I heard the county didn't actually have a surplus, they didn't spend all that they borrowed, or something like that.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work revive the n19 pass sunrise with the modification of the s20...i believe that the n19 should be restore as it is an historic route of the Freeport Patchogue link (the s40 covers the other half of this route link) also there isn't a one seat ride from Freeport to Babylon or in itinerary. ...never forget that the n19 had a fairly GOOD last unit run of 930pm and a good uphold of the semi last s40 arriving at 925pm ...ten minutes after last last n72 leaves at 915pm

It used to stop closer to the mall in the MSBA days, but in the '90s the mall booted the buses out to the curb immediately before Routes 106 and 107 split.  RFM did the same exact thing.  The walk is more hazardous than the walk through the garage at RFM because you have to cross the main road through the lot and no one ever stops at the sign with the crosswalk.

The stop is now a little shelter next to what I remmeber was a bank, immediately after the Mexican restaurant.

Ok so I was planning a trip to little neck, and I got directions to use the n20 and transfer to the Q36. However, I'm pretty sure that littleneck parkway is in New York so would they let me off there, if not how far would they take me?

Ok so I was planning a trip to little neck, and I got directions to use the n20 and transfer to the Q36. However, I'm pretty sure that littleneck parkway is in New York so would they let me off there, if not how far would they take me?

Assuming there was nobody waiting at the stop and you couldn't just slip off through the front door, they'd take you to the Q12 terminal at the City Line (Glenwood Street I think it's called)

Why is the access to the Rockville Center LIRR station closed to NICE?

I passed by there Sunday and it wasn't closed off to buses.  The little road the buses stop on is one-way only after the waiting room so buses headed north use Sunrise Highway east and turn onto North Village Avenue.

• 2 weeks later...

Which direction are you coming from?

If you're coming from Long Island, n20G bus drops off only in Queens.

If you're going eastbound on n20G within Queens, it cannot drop off.It's only pickup.

Did you put specific address in Little Neck?

Which direction are you coming from?

If you're coming from Long Island, n20G bus drops off only in Queens.

If you're going eastbound on n20G within Queens, it cannot drop off.It's only pickup.

Did you put specific address in Little Neck?

Oh I know the rules I just wasn't sure if LIP was considered NY territory or Li territory, but thank you

N88 Schedule for the memorial day and summer is out

http://www.nicebus.com/Maps-Schedules/Jones-Beach-Summer-Service.aspx

nice  ;)

Oh I know the rules I just wasn't sure if LIP was considered NY territory or Li territory, but thank you

nice  ;)

If you put only Little Neck on MTA Trip Planner or Google Direction Planner, maybe they thought you might be going to Little Neck somewhere along Little Neck Parkway.

Those trip planners don't work well. It gives lots of misinformation.

Speaking of NICE Bus, yesterday I took LIRR train from Woodside to Hicksville to help out on n22/n24 bus. I got to Hicksville at 10:55, and NICE Bus didn't post any detour sign for n22/n24 bus, so I posted detour sign on Friday.

When I got on 11:00 n22 Jamaica #1783, people were continuesly asking for New Castle, Westbury, Carle Place, and my female driver friend told them "Next stop, Roosevelt Field Mall." She tries to explained to Spanish folks, no buses going there due to Marathon. Westbury is shutt down for buses. She told them only taxis, but I also said there's also train even thought there's modified construction work on Huntington/Pt. Jefferson train.

When bus was on Hempstead Turnpike, one of Spanish asked for Westbury. I tried to give note to him he has to take train from Mineola to Westbury, but nice female driver drop off him on n70/71/72 bus stop and I think he properly walk or hitchhike.

At another stop, some passengers thought n22 bus was n71/72 bus signed up as n22 bus and when one passenger was going to Jamaica, so he got lucky.

I got off at Roosevelt Field at 10:30, went to mall to do you-know-what, then posted detour sign I made, but detour was finished when n35 bus driver explained it was finished, so I took it down.

Then I took 10:55 n22 Hicksville #1895 bus came at 10:59, and along the ride, NICE Bus has not posted any detour signs in English and Spanish where passengers could board n22/n35 bus.

Got there at 12:25, took down the sign I made "NICE Service Alert" since detour was finish, and when I was about to use you-know-what at Fed Ex, same bus came, so I hurried drop restroom key back and rush onto same bus back to Mineola because I had errand in Manhattan.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Speaking of NICE Bus, yesterday I took LIRR train from Woodside to Hicksville to help out on n22/n24 bus. I got to Hicksville at 10:55, and NICE Bus didn't post any detour sign for n22/n24 bus, so I posted detour sign on Friday.

When I got on 11:00 n22 Jamaica #1783, people were continuesly asking for New Castle, Westbury, Carle Place, and my female driver friend told them "Next stop, Roosevelt Field Mall." She tries to explained to Spanish folks, no buses going there due to Marathon. Westbury is shutt down for buses. She told them only taxis, but I also said there's also train even thought there's modified construction work on Huntington/Pt. Jefferson train.

When bus was on Hempstead Turnpike, one of Spanish asked for Westbury. I tried to give note to him he has to take train from Mineola to Westbury, but nice female driver drop off him on n70/71/72 bus stop and I think he properly walk or hitchhike.

At another stop, some passengers thought n22 bus was n71/72 bus signed up as n22 bus and when one passenger was going to Jamaica, so he got lucky.

I got off at Roosevelt Field at 10:30, went to mall to do you-know-what, then posted detour sign I made, but detour was finished when n35 bus driver explained it was finished, so I took it down.

Then I took 10:55 n22 Hicksville #1895 bus came at 10:59, and along the ride, NICE Bus has not posted any detour signs in English and Spanish where passengers could board n22/n35 bus.

Got there at 12:25, took down the sign I made "NICE Service Alert" since detour was finish, and when I was about to use you-know-what at Fed Ex, same bus came, so I hurried drop restroom key back and rush onto same bus back to Mineola because I had errand in Manhattan.

Do you work for NICE? Or just voluntarily help out?

Just help out.

That's really nice you you actually, because I was on the FB page for NICE and apparently they said that they don't put up posters informing passengers of detours. ALl they do if announce it online and on their social media pages.

That's really nice you you actually, because I was on the FB page for NICE and apparently they said that they don't put up posters informing passengers of detours. ALl they do if announce it online and on their social media pages.

Probably because they think that in this day an age, everyone has access to either a smart phone or has a social media page. 

So these are the NEW buses that will be running on the very NEW Rockville Centre and the NEW Mercy Medical Center shuttles. Or the n14 and n17. Very sneaky of them, because clearly, they are not new services.

The Rockville Community Shuttle
This is a new service designed to serve the heart of Rockville Centre. The area will be serviced by a NEW 30 foot vehicle and will run in a loop formation. The shuttle will run peak weekday service: Buses will run approximately every 20 minutes from 6-9 am, and from 3:30 pm – 7 pm Monday thru Friday.  The shuttle will service central RVC along Lakeview Ave, Maple Ave, Brower Ave, and N. Long Beach Road.

Mercy Medical Center Community Shuttle This is a new service designed to connect Mercy Medical Center with Hempstead and Rockville Centre. We have worked with Mercy to develop the best schedule for both hospital staff and patients. The area will be serviced by a 30 foot vehicle and will run in a loop formation. The shuttle will run peak weekday service:  Buses will run approximately every 40 minutes from 6 am – 9 am and 3 pm – 7 pm Monday thru Friday.  Buses will travel to/from Rockville Centre LIRR and Hempstead Transit Center along Peninsula Blvd and Hempstead Avenue, making stops at Mercy Hospital.

shuttle-1.png

Edited by GojiMet86