Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Q43LTD

Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

20 hours ago, FamousNYLover said:

After Terminal C, Q70 SBS should get onto Grand Central Parkway West exit instead of exiting at airport at 102nd St, 23rd Av, 94th St, etc.

Always saw that as some temporary measure.... If that's not the case, I agree 100%.

I wonder, why isn't there a bus route that connects Astoria with Sunnyside? You have to go out of the way in order to go between the two neighborhoods. It can be faster to walk between Sunnyside and Astoria than by using public transit because of this. Why not have the Q101 (or a variant of it) run down 39th Street like this? Yes I do know about the Q104, but that doesn't help the western and southern parts of Sunnyside.

Q101A: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pvqWVwbnJ4Xiy0qRm8K5ZaHn1_RKZP2l&usp=sharing

Edited by Lil 57

2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

It can be faster to walk between Sunnyside and Astoria than by using public transit because of this. Why not have the Q101 (or a variant of it) run down 39th Street like this?

The meat of Sunnyside's residential area north of Queens Boulevard is concentrated between 43-48 Streets so the Q104 already does an okay job handling that. Furthermore, from my observations riding the Q104 very few people use the bus in Sunnyside anyway. The majority of the people on board are just folks riding through Sunnyside to get to Astoria from the 7 train or the q32/60. Ultimately though if north-of-Queens Blvd Sunnyside is of enough importance, sending a theoretical Q101A up 43 Street would be more useful (then routing it via 35th Avenue or Northern Boulevard or whatever to Steinway Street)..

As for south of Queens Boulevard, you'll probably want to take the Q101A off of 50th Avenue, 48th Avenue is much more alive with businesses and foot traffic, and it's more centrally located in south-of-Queens Blvd Sunnyside.

Anyway the way I went about this was by splitting the B24. Just terminate Greenpoint half by the 46 Street station. Run the Williamsburg half up to 47/45 Streets, run down Queens Boulevard, up 43rd, then over to Steinway on 35th, run it up to Broadway and terminate. If you're going to run the 101a all the way up to Ditmars, it definitely does not need to further supplement the Q101 north of Ditmars; I'd just turn it around there or send it over to 31 Street (But perhaps 31 Street would just end up being empty mileage?).

Edited by Orion6025