• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, they are having this G.O during the week middays

ELECTRICAL IMPROVEMENTS
 No trains between Broad Channel and Mott Av

Free shuttle buses provide alternate service
Days, 9:30 AM to 4:15 PM, Wed to Fri, Nov 29 - Dec 1 

service operates between 207 St and Broad Channel, and via the to/from Beach 116 St.

Buses make stops at Beach 90, Beach 67, Beach 60, Beach 44, Beach 36, Beach 25 Sts 
and Mott Av.

• Transfer between  trains and  buses at Beach 90 St.

5 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Wow, they are having this G.O during the week middays

ELECTRICAL IMPROVEMENTS
 No trains between Broad Channel and Mott Av

Days, 9:30 AM to 4:15 PM, Wed to Fri, Nov 29 - Dec 1 

service operates between 207 St and Broad Channel, and via the to/from Beach 116 St.

Buses make stops at Beach 90, Beach 67, Beach 60, Beach 44, Beach 36, Beach 25 Sts 
and Mott Av.

• Transfer between  trains and  buses at Beach 90 St.

Um, is that really a good idea to have? If they do this they should also upgrade those bridges, they have been getting stuck open a lot recently.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:51 PM, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Another interesting G.O. coming early next month (at least one that I don't recall seeing for a long time):

SIGNAL MAINTENANCE
(D) No trains between 145 St and 205 St

(4) Trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service 
Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Dec 1 - 4

(D) service operates between Stillwell and 145 St.

Buses operate in two sections:
  1. Between 145 St and 161 St, stopping at 155 St.
  2. Non-stop between Bedford Park Blvd (4) and 205 St. 

Travel Alternatives:

For the Bronx, take the (4) instead. 
• Transfer between (D) trains and buses at 145 St.
• Transfer between buses and (4) trains at 161 St.

From Midtown, transfer at 42 St-Bryant Pk (5 Av) for the (7) to Grand Central where (4) service is available.

Quick change to this from the MTA: shuttle buses run from Mosholu Parkway instead of Bedford Park-Lehman College

(4) No trains between 149 St-Grand Concourse and 125 St

Late Nights, 9:30 PM to 5 AM, Wed to Fri, Dec 27 - 29

(4) service operates in two sections:
  1. Between 149 St-Grand Concourse and Woodlawn.
  2. Between Crown Hts/New Lots Av and 125 St and via the (6) to/from 3 Av-138 St.  

Buses operate between 149 St-Grand Concourse and 3 Av-138 St, stopping at
138 St-Grand Concourse.

Transfer between trains and buses at 149 St-Grand Concourse or 3 Av-138 St.

@Daniel The Cool I've started putting these into a calendar file so that I don't have to go online to look it up. It's public and available to anyone who wants to view.

I've also started adding notes for Unlimited MetroCard Riders and confusing platforms. I posted the link earlier, but that's the import link.

The viewable link is here: Colors I added may not show:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ouh76vca7r0v6a3ks5tnvdapk4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York

The import link, for Google and Outlook - colors might not show in Outlook:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/ouh76vca7r0v6a3ks5tnvdapk4%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Calendar may not include last minute updates.

Edited by MassTransitHonchkrow
redirection headers removed, links fixed

TRACK MAINTENANCE
(B) 145 St-bound trains run local via the from W 4 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle

Late Evening, 9:45 PM to 10:45 PM, Friday, Dec 8

No 145 St-bound (B) service at 34 St-Herald Sq, 42 St-Bryant Pk, 47-50 Sts and 7 Av.

Travel Alternatives

For service to 34 St-Herald Sq, 42 St-Bryant Pk and 47-50 Sts, transfer to the (F) at W 4 St.

For service from these stations, take the (B)(D) or (F) to W 4 St and transfer to a 145 St-bound (B)
at the uptown platform.

For service to 7 Av, take the (B) to 42 St/Port Authority and transfer to a Jamaica Center-bound (E) .

For service from this station, take the (E) to 42 St/Port Authority and transfer to a 145 St-bound (B) .

Edited by Daniel The Cool

Looks like the northbound (C) Train is express on most if it's route this weekend 

TRACK MAINTENANCE 
(C) Manhattan-bound trains run express from Broadway Junction to Hoyt-Schermerhorn 

Weekend, Saturday and Sunday, Dec 9 - 10

Trains stop at Utica and Nostrand Avs.

For service to Rockaway and Ralph Avs, take the (C) to Utica Av and transfer to a Euclid Av-bound (C) .  

For service to Kingston-Throop, Franklin, Clinton-Washington and Lafayette Avs, take the (C) to 
Hoyt-Schermerhorn and transfer to a Euclid Av-bound (C) 

For service from these stations, take the to Utica Av or Broadway Junction and
transfer to a Manhattan-bound (C) 

Alternate travel note:
Transfer between trains with Unlimited Ride MetroCard at Nostrand Av

TRACK MAINTENANCE
(C) Uptown trains run express from Canal St to 145 St 

Weekends, Saturday and Sunday, Dec 9 - 10  •  Dec 16 - 17

For Spring St, take the (E) instead. Transfer between trains at Canal St or W 4 St. 

For 23, 50, 72, 81, 86, 96, 103, 110, 116 and 135 Sts, take the (D) instead making these stops during this time.
Transfer between trains at W 4 St, 14 St, 42 St-Port Authority, 59 St-Columbus Circle, or 125 St.

15 minutes ago, Daniel The Cool said:

Looks like the northbound (C) Train is express on most if it's route this weekend 

TRACK MAINTENANCE 
(C) Manhattan-bound trains run express from Broadway Junction to Hoyt-Schermerhorn 

Weekend, Saturday and Sunday, Dec 9 - 10

Trains stop at Utica and Nostrand Avs.

For service to Rockaway and Ralph Avs, take the (C) to Utica Av and transfer to a Euclid Av-bound (C) .  

For service to Kingston-Throop, Franklin, Clinton-Washington and Lafayette Avs, take the (C) to 
Hoyt-Schermerhorn and transfer to a Euclid Av-bound (C) 

For service from these stations, take the to Utica Av or Broadway Junction and
transfer to a Manhattan-bound (C) 

Alternate travel note:
Transfer between trains with Unlimited Ride MetroCard at Nostrand Av

TRACK MAINTENANCE
(C) Uptown trains run express from Canal St to 145 St 

Weekends, Saturday and Sunday, Dec 9 - 10  •  Dec 16 - 17

For Spring St, take the (E) instead. Transfer between trains at Canal St or W 4 St. 

For 23, 50, 72, 81, 86, 96, 103, 110, 116 and 135 Sts, take the (D) instead making these stops during this time.
Transfer between trains at W 4 St, 14 St, 42 St-Port Authority, 59 St-Columbus Circle, or 125 St.

Looks like a good opportunity to get some "fast" service as the (C) operators will probably push it more

This will be quite the doozy during Christmas week:

(E) Trains run via the (F) in both directions between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and W 4 St

(M) No trains between Forest Hills-71 Av and Broadway Jct

All Times, 5 AM, Tuesday Dec 26 until 8 AM, Sunday Dec 31

Critical work will be done on the 53rd Street tubes during this time.

I see someone's not in the holiday spirit here.

I get why they're doing this and I hope it leads to more of these blitz-style maintenance projects, but could they have picked a worse time to do this? The two weeks around Christmas and New Years are the busiest tourist weeks of the year. The subway will be swamped as it is with the higher than usual tourist crowds. This will only be exacerbated with riders flocking to the nearby (N)(R)(W) and (7) lines with 53rd Street out of service. Maybe they're adjusting for the expected reduction in commuter trips with a lot of affected workers on vacation or on work from home assignments for the holidays, but that's a big assumption to make. At least they're smart enough to end this before the New Years Eve festivities.

3 minutes ago, Lance said:

I see someone's not in the holiday spirit here.

I get why they're doing this and I hope it leads to more of these blitz-style maintenance projects, but could they have picked a worse time to do this? The two weeks around Christmas and New Years are the busiest tourist weeks of the year. The subway will be swamped as it is with the higher than usual tourist crowds. This will only be exacerbated with riders flocking to the nearby (N)(R)(W) and (7) lines with 53rd Street out of service. Maybe they're adjusting for the expected reduction in commuter trips with a lot of affected workers on vacation or on work from home assignments for the holidays, but that's a big assumption to make. At least they're smart enough to end this before the New Years Eve festivities.

During this particular week, rush hours will be relatively fine. It’ll be the midday and the evening that everyone should be worried about.

1 hour ago, paulrivera said:

(E) Trains run via the (F) in both directions between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and W 4 St

Honestly, unless they're supplementing the R - queens blvd will be a nightmare. 

R trains during the peak of the rush generally lose like 3-4 minutes to crowding on a good day. This looks problematic enough that I put in for the week off. -______-

Better put in for it now before everyone finds out why.

By the way, can anyone make heads or tails of this:

SUBWAY ACTION PLAN: 53 Street Tunnel Repairs
(E) No service between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and West 4 St
(M) No weekday service between Broadway Junction and 71 Av

All Times, 5 AM Tue, Dec 26 until 8 AM Sun, Dec 31

(E) trains are rerouted in both directions via the between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and West 4 St*

(M) trains operate weekend service between Broadway Junction and Essex St.
(M) Shuttle trains operate all times between Metropolitan Av and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs.

Are (M) trains running their normal weekend route on the affected weekdays or is it completely suspended outside of the Myrtle Ave shuttle? If it's the latter, that would mean there's less service on weekdays than on the weekend. Sometimes I feel like these service alerts were run through Google Translate a few times before coming out in something resembling the English language.

31 minutes ago, itmaybeokay said:

Honestly, unless they're supplementing the R - queens blvd will be a nightmare. 

R trains during the peak of the rush generally lose like 3-4 minutes to crowding on a good day. This looks problematic enough that I put in for the week off. -______-

I agree. 

Not to sound too outlandish but one of these things needs to happen

(E) or (F) runs local supplements

(R) runs at 1.5 or double the frequency

(G) extension to Forest Hills with full or 480 foot trains borrowed from the (M)

11 minutes ago, Lance said:

Better put in for it now before everyone finds out why.

By the way, can anyone make heads or tails of this:

Are (M) trains running their normal weekend route on the affected weekdays or is it completely suspended outside of the Myrtle Ave shuttle? If it's the latter, that would mean there's less service on weekdays than on the weekend. Sometimes I feel like these service alerts were run through Google Translate a few times before coming out in something resembling the English language.

Completely suspended. Purely a cost saving move.

2 hours ago, paulrivera said:

@Daniel The Cool: Not according to this.

4 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

@Daniel The Cool: Not according to this.

NVM. The details in the G.O is misleading because it looked like they said the (M) was operating a weekend schedule between Broadway Junction and Essex Street. Not that weekend service is regular.

Edited by Daniel The Cool