Planned Subway Service Changes

8 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

The 5 is running to/from Wakefield-Flatbush while the 2 is running to/from Dyre-SF. People living on the Dyre branch would've had to transfer regardless if they wanted access to Brooklyn on weekends. Also, the amount of people traveling to/from Brooklyn to the Bronx via subway is more than likely miniscule compared to the amount of people who need acess to Manhattan. 

The needs of the many > the needs of the few. The work must be done.

This affects people going to Manhattan as well,  more crowded (2) to an even more crowded (4) making ALL stops, even worse if you are going to lower Manhattan.  

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Lance said:

@Lawrence St How many people take that trip though?

Well I'm one of the people affected by this closure because my work is in Downtown Brooklyn, and I've seen many more commuters during these hours be pissed off that this work is happening WHILE the Clark St tube is shut down, which brings me back to my earlier point:

Don't post G.Os that directly affect the travel alternatives of another long term G.O, or a G.O that makes a commute even more tedious.

7 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Well I'm one of the people affected by this closure because my work is in Downtown Brooklyn, and I've seen many more commuters during these hours be pissed off that this work is happening WHILE the Clark St tube is shut down, which brings me back to my earlier point:

Don't post G.Os that directly affect the travel alternatives of another long term G.O, or a G.O that makes a commute even more tedious.

Your claims are all just baseless lol. You're not the only one affected by weekend disruptions in the subway. Hence the term "plan ahead".

18 hours ago, Jemorie said:

Your claims are all just baseless lol. You're not the only one affected by weekend disruptions in the subway. Hence the term "plan ahead".

My claims are baseless? Explain to me why I saw hundreds of commuters at Canal St who wanted to take the (J) couldn't because the (J) wasn't running in Manhattan, and the service poster said to take the uptown (4) or (6). News flash: There was another poster at Canal St that said uptown (4) and (6) trains were running express. Whoever planned these service changes dosen't look to see if it affects the travel alternative of a another G.O. 

1 minute ago, Lawrence St said:

My claims are baseless? Explain to me why I saw hundreds of commuters at Canal St who wanted to take the (J) couldn't because the (J) wasn't running in Manhattan, and the service poster said to take the uptown (4) or (6). News flash: There was another poster at Canal St that said uptown (4) and (6) trains were running express. Whoever planned these service changes dosen't look to see if it affects the travel alternative of a another G.O. 

19 hours ago, Jemorie said:

Hence the term "plan ahead".

Just now, CDTA said:

Can anyone explain this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jamaica Center bound J trains will depart from the Broad St bound track at Broad St because of weather conditions.</p>— NYCT Subway (@NYCTSubway) <a href="https://twitter.com/NYCTSubway/status/949032402365681664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jamaica Center bound J trains will depart from the Broad St bound track at Broad St because of weather conditions.</p>&mdash; NYCT Subway (@NYCTSubway) <a href="https://twitter.com/NYCTSubway/status/949032402365681664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

At Broad street (J) trains relay to go back into Queens, today they are turning in Broad St station most likely because there are snowbirds layed up in the relay tracks.

This doesn't make any sense, Why run a Dyre shuttle (in mostly one direction at a time) for a few hours anyway, just keep the (5) running completely on Friday evening. 

TRACK MAINTENANCE
(5) Service ends early between E 180 St and Bowling Green 
(2) (4) trains provide alternate service  

Evenings, 8:45 PM to 11:59 PM, Friday, Jan 19  •  Jan 26  •  Feb 2

(5) service operates between Dyre Av and E 180 St. 

Travel Alternatives

• Transfer between (5) and (2) trains at E 180 St.  
• Transfer between (2) and  (4) trains at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

(4) Trains run local in both directions between 125 St and Brooklyn Bridge 

Weekend, 10 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Feb 2 - 5

• Please allow additional travel time.

(5) Trains run local in both directions between 125 St and Grand Central-42 St 

Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Feb 3 - 5

• Please allow additional travel time.

TRACK MAINTENANCE
(D) No trains between 59 St-Columbus Circle and Stillwell Av 

(F)(N)(Q)  trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service
Weekend, 9:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Feb 9 - 12

(D) service operates between 205 St and 59 St-Columbus Circle and via the (A) to Canal St
and via the (E) to/from World Trade Center, the last stop.

(N)* trains replace the  in Brooklyn between DeKalb Av and 36 St. 

(Q) * trains replace the  in Brooklyn between 36 St and Stillwell Av. (F) trains provide alternate service at 47-50 Sts, 42 St-Bryant Park, 34 St-Herald Sq and  B'way-Lafayette St.

buses operate between W 4 St and Grand St, stopping at B'way-Lafayette St.

15 hours ago, Daniel The Cool said:

TRACK MAINTENANCE

(D) service operates between 205 St and 59 St-Columbus Circle and via the (A) to Canal St

(Q) * trains replace the  in Brooklyn between 36 St and Stillwell Av. (F) trains provide alternate service at 47-50 Sts, 42 St-Bryant Park, 34 St-Herald Sq and  B'way-Lafayette St.

Then what's on the Brighton Line, nothing?

8 hours ago, Far rockaway said:

Q trains will operate in two sections during the weekend of FEB 10-11.

Between 96 St and Atlantic Ave Barclays Center, and via the d line to Stillwell AVE

Between Prospect park and Stillwell AVE

Will trains through-run at CI or will people transfer?

Who's bright idea was it to do all this at the same time?

(2) No trains between 3 Av-149 St and 96 St  
(3) No trains running

(4) trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service
Late Nights, 9:30 PM to 5 AM, Mon to Fri, Jan 22 - 26

(2) Trains run local in both directions between 72 St and Chambers St

Late Nights, beginning 10 PM, Mon to Thu, Jan 22 - 25

(4) Service operates in two sections:

1. Between Woodlawn and 125 St
  2. Between 125 St and New Lots Av
Late Nights, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Tue to Fri, Jan 9 - 12  •  Jan 16 - 19  •  Jan 23 - 26

(4) Trains replace the (3) between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and New Lots Av

Late Evenings, beginning 9:30 PM, Mon to Thu, Jan 22 - 25

(2)(4) trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service
Evenings, beginning at 8:45 PM, Mon to Thu, Jan 22 - 25  •  Jan 29 - Feb 1

Edited by paulrivera

6 hours ago, paulrivera said:

Who's bright idea was it to do all this at the same time?

(2) No trains between 3 Av-149 St and 96 St  
(3) No trains running

(4) trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service
Late Nights, 9:30 PM to 5 AM, Mon to Fri, Jan 22 - 26

(2) Trains run local in both directions between 72 St and Chambers St

Late Nights, beginning 10 PM, Mon to Thu, Jan 22 - 25

(4) Service operates in two sections:

1. Between Woodlawn and 125 St
  2. Between 125 St and New Lots Av
Late Nights, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Tue to Fri, Jan 9 - 12  •  Jan 16 - 19  •  Jan 23 - 26

(4) Trains replace the (3) between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and New Lots Av

Late Evenings, beginning 9:30 PM, Mon to Thu, Jan 22 - 25

(2)(4) trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service
Evenings, beginning at 8:45 PM, Mon to Thu, Jan 22 - 25  •  Jan 29 - Feb 1

I guess Metro-North or the BxM4 will become your best friends for a while... :lol:

8 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Most likely R62As since that's what they've done in the past.

1 hour ago, D to 96 St said:

Would there be any chance of an R62 popping up on the (2)?? The southern section won't have access to E 180/239th. 

If it’s the weekend, there’s a good chance, but since it’s only during the weeknight, they’ll probably just use whatever R142s are still in service.

2 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

If it’s the weekend, there’s a good chance, but since it’s only during the weeknight, they’ll probably just use whatever R142s are still in service.

Whoops, didn't even realized that was for nights. Then the (2) will most definitely just use its R142s.

On 1/12/2018 at 11:50 PM, Daniel The Cool said:

TRACK MAINTENANCE

That new WTC/Cortlandt Street transfer will be quite useful that weekend for (D) to (N) transfers:

(N) Trains run via the (R) in both directions between Canal St and 59 St, Brooklyn

On 1/13/2018 at 3:16 PM, Far rockaway said:

Q trains will operate in two sections during the weekend of FEB 10-11.

Between 96 St and Atlantic Ave Barclays Center, and via the d line to Stillwell AVE

Between Prospect park and Stillwell AVE

IDK how I feel about two different (Q) trains showing up at Coney Island going to different locations. I think they could have had the (D) from from 96-2 to Coney Island via Broadway and West End, but then again, you would have another (D) on 8th Avenue. Lesser of two evils I suppose.

2 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

The (S) is going to be packed, huh?

And one reason I would seriously consider long-term rebuilding the Franklin shuttle line to two tracks and 600' stations.  That would allow for situations like this the (Q) to be able to run to Franklin Avenue in place of the shuttle.  It is something I have brought up before in my ideas for a Myrtle-Brighton line that can be a second Brooklyn-Queens crosstown. 

2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

And one reason I would seriously consider long-term rebuilding the Franklin shuttle line to two tracks and 600' stations.  That would allow for situations like this the (Q) to be able to run to Franklin Avenue in place of the shuttle.  It is something I have brought up before in my ideas for a Myrtle-Brighton line that can be a second Brooklyn-Queens crosstown. 

I would just rebuild the whole Myrtle Evelated. That would serve the not so many transit options part of Brooklyn.

15 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Rare reroutes =/= cost justification. How often are you going to see a full-length (Q) train run up Franklin Ave where that kind of massive expense would be justified? Especially after they rebuilt the line just 20 years ago.

ELECTRICAL IMPROVEMENTS
(1) Trains skip 168 St in both directions

(A)  trains and  free shuttle buses provide alternate service
Weekend, 6:45 AM Sat to 8 PM Sun, Jan 20 - 21

I guess they are doing elevator work that weekend, which is why the (1) cannot stop at that station?

EQUIPMENT TESTING
(B) Brighton Beach-bound trains run local from Prospect Park to Kings Hwy

Days, 10 AM to 3:30 PM, Mon to Fri, Jan 29 - Feb 2  

What exactly are they testing? I thought the R179s have finished all their tests.

Edited by FlushingExpress