New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

5 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

The AC bus terminal... you can't sit in the waiting area unless you have a ticket (there's a security guard guarding the area) Issue is, only a small section of seats is open for ppl to sit. Half of the waiting area is roped off and closed. I said screw it and just waited outside for the bus.

Worse than half the waiting area... It's ridiculous... It's only the first 2 rows of seating proximate to the Atlantic av side of the terminal (meaning, proximate to the local routes on street level).... Was out in AC 2 Saturdays ago... Had to scurry to said seating area to sit down to sift through my bag (thought I lost something at the time).... Security was there, but dude didn't enforce shit (there were 2 people snoring their asses off, as a matter of fact - 1 guy with his mouth open... yuck).... I never got the sense that you have to have a ticket to sit down in those seats.... Now Penn Station (NYC), they are absolutely anal about having a LIRR ticket in order to sit in that sectioned off room/area of seating by the escalators....

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, NJTE said:

Meadow and Market are both 10 miles away from Hackensack, and I guess that could work. Although Meadowlands would probably run the first Hackensack bound trip of the day as Journal Sq is much closer to Meadow than Market Street

Yeah thats exactly how they should do it...I only mention market st cause the end terminal is not far from the garage...It could be similar to how now orange and big tree helps the # 1

The DeCamp lines 101, and 105 have been relocated from gate 208 to Gate 315.  The former Lakeland gates 206 and 207 will be manned by the 112 and the 116 on 207and the Secaucus buses 122, 124, and 129  on gate 206

Edited by 46Dover

8 hours ago, 46Dover said:

The DeCamp lines 101, and 105 have been relocated from gate 208 to Gate 315.  The former Lakeland gates 206 and 207 will be manned by the 112 and the 116 on 207and the Secaucus buses 122, 124, and 129  on gate 206

What's the reasoning behind those relocations (and/or, why do you think/know those changes were made) ?

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

What's the reasoning behind those relocations (and/or, why do you think/know those changes were made) ?

I’m not sure why about the relocations, but I can tell you that a month after we had our regular September pick, NJT took the 101 and 105 from Oradell and gave them to us at Wayne, thus making us undergo an emergency pick along with the training of those lines

Edited by 46Dover

10 hours ago, 46Dover said:

I’m not sure why about the relocations, but I can tell you that a month after we had our regular September pick, NJT took the 101 and 105 from Oradell and gave them to us at Wayne, thus making us undergo an emergency pick along with the training of those lines

Any reason as to why the move from Oradell to Wayne? Deadhead?

On 10/26/2023 at 11:14 PM, 46Dover said:

What sucks is that we are still doing the 101 and 105…we have I believe 2 trips in the morning and 2 trips in the PM

On 10/28/2023 at 11:12 PM, Lawrence St said:

I'm happy that I left NJT, because all these emergency picks are overwhelming. 

Speaking of, who here has operated a 319 down to Wildwood? I never got the chance to train on it south of AC, but was wondering how the run was structured.

@553 Bridgeton is your guy

On 10/28/2023 at 11:12 PM, Lawrence St said:

I'm happy that I left NJT, because all these emergency picks are overwhelming. 

Speaking of, who here has operated a 319 down to Wildwood? I never got the chance to train on it south of AC, but was wondering how the run was structured.

They stopped meadowlands from going down to Wildwood back in 2020. They used to do the  and 830am trip to Cape May then dhd back to AC and pull the 5pm to NYC. Then on sat/sun they did Wildwood Exp or Ocean City Exp, and Cape May Exp to NYC local to north wildwood. By 2020 they only had a Sunday trip that left the garage at 1045am and did the 115 cape may express to nyc. Then discontinued. 

It’s a nice ride, all your doing is going in and out of the islands via the parkway. Only island you served fully was Ocean City/Avalon/Stone Harbor. Summer its busy and fall/winter it’s dead and boring. Register you would setup 1-37 or 39 if going to cape may. 

31 Atlantic City

32 Ocean City

33 Dead Zone

34 Ocean View/Sea Isle

35 Avalon

36 Stone Harbor

37 Wildwood

38 Lower Twp

39 Cape May

2 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

They stopped meadowlands from going down to Wildwood back in 2020. They used to do the  and 830am trip to Cape May then dhd back to AC and pull the 5pm to NYC. Then on sat/sun they did Wildwood Exp or Ocean City Exp, and Cape May Exp to NYC local to north wildwood. By 2020 they only had a Sunday trip that left the garage at 1045am and did the 115 cape may express to nyc. Then discontinued. 

It’s a nice ride, all your doing is going in and out of the islands via the parkway. Only island you served fully was Ocean City/Avalon/Stone Harbor. Summer its busy and fall/winter it’s dead and boring. Register you would setup 1-37 or 39 if going to cape may. 

31 Atlantic City

32 Ocean City

33 Dead Zone

34 Ocean View/Sea Isle

35 Avalon

36 Stone Harbor

37 Wildwood

38 Lower Twp

39 Cape May

Thanks. Did they ever fix that glitch on the mobile app where people can't buy tickets from Toms River/Ocean County to AC?

On 10/28/2023 at 11:39 PM, 46Dover said:

Today was the start of the new pick.  Monday is when Wayne starts the 101/105 routes

It seems both garages have a piece of the routes. 7157 ran on the 101 in the morning, but right now its 22000s from Oradell for the 101 (22096) and 105 (22110).

On 10/26/2023 at 9:58 PM, B35 via Church said:

Greyhound and Peter Pan consolidated all of their operations into the Lower Level of North Wing Post-Covid (They both had a couple of gates out of South Wing, Lower Level).

Then DeCamp discontinued their commuter routes, leaving more vacant gates in the lower level of South Wing.

Lakeland started to use a couple of gates out of the Lower level, and either Lakeland, Port Authority or both parties thought it was best to relocate all of Lakeland's routes downstairs to the lower level. Lakeland move all of their routes to the former DeCamp gates on the lower level.

With this move, this allowed NJ Transit to utilize Lakeland's former gates to consolidate all of their routes during the day to the 200's, 300's and 51-56 gates, only using the Greyhound gates during the late night hours.