New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FlashThunder said:

If this means using the scanner on the buses, I expect dwell time on Blvd East will skyrocket...

Not particular to that corridor, but as soon as I read that post/update, that general sentiment was the first thing I said to myself.... Those scanners are the least bit reliable.... Dwell times'll go through the roof.

14 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Not particular to that corridor, but as soon as I read that post/update, that general sentiment was the first thing I said to myself.... Those scanners are the least bit reliable.... Dwell times'll go through the roof.

It doesn’t help when someone pays with a debit card we still have to put in the zones, and if they tap the card before we ask we have to cancel out the fare and start over. When using the mobile app we don’t have to ask as the system knows what zone to put in automatically. 

Also if you have a card with not enough funds it will accept the payment and hotlist your card; when used again you’ll see “card denied” and on our screen it says “card hotlist”.  

5 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Also if you have a card with not enough funds it will accept the payment and hotlist your card; when used again you’ll see “card denied” and on our screen it says “card hotlist”.

I’m told that the “hotlist” term was not supposed to be used

56 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Random thought; NJT has way to many service patterns and variations for routes which is why the bus system is so confusing to riders.

I mean, the 1 alone has like what, 10 different service patterns?

The 13, 34, come to mind. I, for one, would like the 1 to have less service to River Terminal. Not every trip that goes to/from Jersey City NEEDS to stop there, especially on weekends.

24 minutes ago, go25 said:

The 13, 34, come to mind. I, for one, would like the 1 to have less service to River Terminal. Not every trip that goes to/from Jersey City NEEDS to stop there, especially on weekends.

Every trip doesnt stop there....And There are some key businesses back there that will make it hard to catch the buses in either direction and on wkends when the bridge is out they uses river term for service... So me personally i would continue to have the 1 serve that area the way it does...Now would i would do is eilimanate the 1 to river term from nwk and send it to jc...

Edited by biGC323232

1 hour ago, biGC323232 said:

Every trip doesnt stop there....And There are some key businesses back there that will make it hard to catch the buses in either direction and on wkends when the bridge is out they uses river term for service... So me personally i would continue to have the 1 serve that area the way it does...Now would i would do is eilimanate the 1 to river term from nwk and send it to jc...

Majority of weekend service does. And the times it goes there, it's a ghost town.

I do agree with getting rid of the buses terminating at River Terminal and sending them to Jersey City.

5 hours ago, go25 said:

Right. I thought the 67 was the Newark Airport local bus but instead it's some bus from Toms River that's the local counterpart to the 139?

They really need to redesign this bus system starting with the local routes.

And for the love of MCI's, split that 319 already!!

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Right. I thought the 67 was the Newark Airport local bus but instead it's some bus from Toms River that's the local counterpart to the 139?

They really need to redesign this bus system starting with the local routes.

And for the love of MCI's, split that 319 already!!

I'm confused. The 67 does serve Newark Airport (and can be used if it comes before the 62 between Newark Airport and Newark Penn Station). It is the intrastate version of the 139 and a segment of the 319.

What are you referring to regarding splitting the 319?