New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/3/2022 at 1:38 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

20905 is on the 126 today wonder if training class is out there today

Nah, they've been running artics on the #126 for quite some time now.... Been on a few of them on that route, myself....

On 5/12/2022 at 11:04 AM, Lawrence St said:

I realized, does anyone know where zone 1 on the 83 route starts? On the timetable it says zone 1 starts at PPR, but it shows PPR being before 8th St when in reality its after 8th St.

The first zone of any route starts at the first pickup stop on either end of that route.

What you're asking about, is the zone change from zone 1 to zone 2 from that end (the southern end) of the route.... The timetable literally says the zone changes at Summit av & Paterson Plank rd.... No need to overthink this.

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Has anyone here been on CUSA 24 route? How does payment work? Do they have NJT fareboxes?

The 24a/b (and the other ONE bus routes; Orange-Newark-Elizabeth), yes... Plenty of times.

Yes, the buses have fareboxes (yes, the buses accept dollar bills, just to put that out there)... However, the zone prices differ from the NJT routes...
{Zone 1 is $1.75 (compared to NJT's $1.60), Zone 2 is $2.70 (compared to NJT's $2.55), Zone 3 is $3.30 (compared to NJT's $3.15)}

For the hell of it...

I'm not asking for stats (you can post 'em if you have 'em, if you want to), but judging on your experiences riding them and/or the "eye test", how would you rank the #120's routes in terms of usage (highest to lowest)?

I have it at 126, 123, 128, 127, 129, 125, 122, 124, 121, 120

Edited by B35 via Church

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Nah, they've been running artics on the #126 for quite some time now.... Been on a few of them on that route, myself....

The first zone of any route starts at the first pickup stop on either end of that route.

What you're asking about, is the zone change from zone 1 to zone 2 from that end (the southern end) of the route.... The timetable literally says the zone changes at Summit av & Paterson Plank rd.... No need to overthink this.

The 24a/b (and the other ONE bus routes; Orange-Newark-Elizabeth), yes... Plenty of times.

Yes, the buses have fareboxes (yes, the buses accept dollar bills, just to put that out there)... However, the zone prices differ from the NJT routes...
{Zone 1 is $1.75 (compared to NJT's $1.60), Zone 2 is $2.70 (compared to NJT's $2.55), Zone 3 is $3.30 (compared to NJT's $3.15)}

But do they have the ‘NJT registers?

6 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Don't know what you're referring to with that....

Maybe he’s talking about the register on the 24 (wayfarer register)

TBH I didn’t pay attention to that because the time I did work for Coach USA I was able to ride free with my ID 

Edited by 46Dover
Note to self: Read Dover, Read!!!

2 hours ago, lornaevo said:

Do NYCT employees ride NJ Transit for free?

Just now, 46Dover said:

Oh yeah.  Heck you’d be surprised how many of them live out in Jersey

Yes...Ive seen it plenty of times especially coming out of the Port Terminal...Both Bus operators and Subway Motorman and at times conductors

2 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

Yes...Ive seen it plenty of times especially coming out of the Port Terminal...Both Bus operators and Subway Motorman and at times conductors

All the different ones I pick up along Allwood Road in Clifton, I’m wondering if they have the same real estate agent 🤷🏽‍♂️

10 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Hmm slightly more expensive to ride

15 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

For the hell of it...

I'm not asking for stats (you can post 'em if you have 'em, if you want to), but judging on your experiences riding them and/or the "eye test", how would you rank the #120's routes in terms of usage (highest to lowest)?

I have it at 126, 123, 128, 127, 129, 125, 122, 124, 121, 120

126,128,123,127,129,125,122,124,121,120...I just somehow think the 128 gets more ridership than the 123....I could be wrong 

2 hours ago, 46Dover said:

Yes.  I’ve done it

Depends on the crews, NJT and Amtrak crews seem pretty good. Can't speak for NJT and SEPTA. I've heard stories from both conductors and engineers for NJT who has told SEPTA crews to kick rocks

8 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

126,128,123,127,129,125,122,124,121,120...I just somehow think the 128 gets more ridership than the 123....I could be wrong 

If the #128 had Blvd. East by itself all day (instead of having that ridership divided between the Oradell locals), it would easily be #1 on this list....

The only reason I swapped it w/ the #123 at the last second was because the #123 (obviously) has more off peak ridership.