New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

On 2/16/2022 at 5:43 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

Is it normal for an artic to be on the 99 cause as I post now sitting watching the tracker 20842 running southbound on the 99 is this one of those that come off from other routes?

No, it's not normal... Probably came off doing a #13 before the fact.

I'd have liked to have seen an artic over there at Branch Brook myself....

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/17/2022 at 8:17 PM, B35 via Church said:

No, it's not normal... Probably came off doing a #13 before the fact.

I'd have liked to have seen an artic over there at Branch Brook myself....

It actually is. Two PM school trippers are assigned artics since the 99 runs past a bunch of different schools. 

They don't send the artics into Branch Brook. Those trippers either terminate at Union Ave in Belleville (N/B) or Beth Israel Hospital (S/B). 

5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

NJT has the worst GTFS feed I have ever seen. A lot of these lines are named so long to the point it just says EXAC at the end.

and what’s with adding the route to the destination??? Seeing towards 1 Euclid Ave Via Chapel St
at Albert Ave on Esther St is annoying af.

The 1 starts/terminates at Euclid Ave & Lockwood St?

On 2/21/2022 at 11:04 PM, DaTransitMan4608 said:

It actually is. Two PM school trippers are assigned artics since the 99 runs past a bunch of different schools. 

They don't send the artics into Branch Brook. Those trippers either terminate at Union Ave in Belleville (N/B) or Beth Israel Hospital (S/B). 

Nah I saw on the tracker they went to branch Brook yesterday

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Why does NJT not have like a gigantic system route map pdf?

Making an bus map of the entire state of NJ would be an difficult task.

If anything it would have to be broken up by counties. Making the Union City - PABT area in a bus map seems like a nightmare. Like do you put the private carriers who pass though Union City but don't stop there on the map or not?

Maybe the city of Newark can be done in a bus map, but even then you got routes like the 67 which travels a long ways from Newark.

17 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Random thought regarding the 165 

I sit watching the tracker I notice that the local variant and the turnpike variant like to bunch alot I think I saw once they came in like a group of 6?

Same thing with the 161. I saw 5 bunched up, all different variants like via Commerce, via Union, etc.

Anyways, did anyone here ever ride the 307? Was it a busy line?

https://www.google.com/search?q=nj+transit+5226&sxsrf=APq-WBvxK5bUwvp696otzyXxalYRcve8Tw:1646004054444&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi43dr3gqH2AhWgjYkEHTZmAbkQ_AUoBHoECAEQBg&biw=1440&bih=695&dpr=1#imgrc=lTfsMCVPA31eNM

So it looks like the GO28 previously used 5200s. There's an image of 5226 on the GO28.

My question is - did Orange have more 5200s for the GO28, or was 5200 the only one? How long did the GO28 have 5200s for?

36 minutes ago, JLiu15 said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=nj+transit+5226&sxsrf=APq-WBvxK5bUwvp696otzyXxalYRcve8Tw:1646004054444&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi43dr3gqH2AhWgjYkEHTZmAbkQ_AUoBHoECAEQBg&biw=1440&bih=695&dpr=1#imgrc=lTfsMCVPA31eNM

So it looks like the GO28 previously used 5200s. There's an image of 5226 on the GO28.

My question is - did Orange have more 5200s for the GO28, or was 5200 the only one? How long did the GO28 have 5200s for?

It had a few, since the go28 used to serve University Heights. Once that segment was cut, some of the suburban units Orange had went to other garages.

15 hours ago, JLiu15 said:

Which #'s of 5200s, if you remember?

15 hours ago, go25 said:

5226 for sure, don't remember the rest

5226 was the only 52xx series at orange...They originally had 5226 5309-5322...Once the last batch of nabis came in for transit they went to greenville that sent greenville's suburbans to fairview...Drivers at greenville complained about the newest nabis about the way they pulled off...So transit sent the 64xx series to orange from greenville and fairview gave greenville back there suburban nabis with 5309-5312 going there also

4 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

5226 was the only 52xx series at orange...They originally had 5226 5309-5322...Once the last batch of nabis came in for transit they went to greenville that sent greenville's suburbans to fairview...Drivers at greenville complained about the newest nabis about the way they pulled off...So transit sent the 64xx series to orange from greenville and fairview gave greenville back there suburban nabis with 5309-5312 going there also

I do remember Greenville having some of the 6400s I can't remember which ones though. I remember 6410 and 6420 though since I rode two of them iirc. It was like 2012 or 2013 they were here? Never knew they didn't like the newer buses. But ended up getting 6477 lol.

maybe its just me why is the 161 based at wayne when you can send it to Paterson market street garage which is right at it's end of terminal

random thought what are the other routes that end right near a logicial depot but are based at another deopt far away (example the 161)

Edited by BreeddekalbL