New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

On 5/25/2022 at 10:00 AM, 127Ridgefield said:

Wow! I didn’t know Academy is still fighting over the 119! Either way I know both Academy and Coach USA are not running that line well. Every time I am at Congress St passengers always saying “where is the 119 I’ve been here for over a hour!” lol

Academy needs to just give it up

On 5/28/2022 at 4:59 PM, 127Ridgefield said:

New Pick is starting to be posted at Meadowlands Garage. Seems like we are doing the 10, 22, 119. We are also oddly enough still doing the 86 and 89 🤔

With the acquisition of the 119, gate changes at Port Authority are coming too.  I’ve been told I can no longer camp out on the 4th floor because it’ll start getting a little more active now

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 46Dover said:

Academy needs to just give it up

With the acquisition of the 119, gate changes at Port Authority are coming too.  I’ve been told I can no longer camp out on the 4th floor because it’ll start getting a little more active now

If thats the case does that mean the 119 will go to the 3rd floor from the basement  and some others will move around?

On 5/25/2022 at 8:18 AM, 553 Bridgeton said:

Those extra XD60s wasn’t for the 119. They were for the 123/125/126.

As if now Academy took NJT to court over the 119. There will be a final ruling next week. What Academy needs to understand the 119 is not their line. It’s NJT. NJT can take back any contracted route they own. 

That is true. I don't want coach or academy to get the 119. 

On 5/25/2022 at 10:00 AM, 127Ridgefield said:

Wow! I didn’t know Academy is still fighting over the 119! Either way I know both Academy and Coach USA are not running that line well. Every time I am at Congress St passengers always saying “where is the 119 I’ve been here for over a hour!” lol

It's worst on the weekend. The 119 and the 10. When the 119 shows up it doesn't have a lot of people on it, but because I'm not going past Journal Square, the driver tells me to wait for the 10, which is crowded to the front. Since coach took over, it just took a nosedive on the 119. I waited in Bayonne for a hour and a half.  

On 5/25/2022 at 10:56 AM, Lawrence St said:

That’s partially why transit has been trying to fastrak the acquisition of that line.

But transit should have gotten the 119 from the start when Red & Ran went out of business. In what universe do you think giving a high ridership, one hour and a half long route to NYC to a private carrier a good idea?

And what makes it even more mind boggling is that they’re sending the 10 to Greenville instead of Meadowlands, when artics need to be on the 10 as well.

I also thought 119 should have went to NJ Transit from the start. As for Greenville, to be honest, taking the 10 wouldn't be so bad since the garage sits in a nice spot. Plus, they can set some routes up at city line of Bayonne. It would even be nice to split it with Meadowlands. 

On 5/29/2022 at 10:29 AM, 553 Bridgeton said:

And the 23 and a ton of runs on combos. Some 119s are scheduled for artics and some are nabis.

The 23 is a route that could either be good or bad, depending on the ridership. I mean, it's an interesting route, but would it be as miss if it ended? Would like to see 119 artics, but to me, it'll be great for rush-hours only. 

18 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Are all of Meadowlands’s 18XXX’s buses out of service? There hasn’t been a single one on the 319 trips for the past 3 days, they’ve all been the 7170 series.

Lack of parts that are on back order. Currently egg Harbor only has 4 of the 11 lavs available for service. 18109 is on the 830 from PABT. And 2 Eht lavs broke down yesterday. Honestly idk how any of these 18000-21000s are passing dot inspections. Give the 22000s a few more months when the oem parts start to need replacing and they’ll be in the same boat. The transmission control unit on the 18000-22000s are a big issue. 18098 is on its 2nd transmission because of that and currently out of service. 18099 transmission control unit went yesterday.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

24 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Random question is there a bus tvm at Hoboken terminal for say i want to buy a ticket on the 85 to American Dream

There's a ticket vendor inside of the waiting room?

5 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Lack of parts that are on back order. Currently egg Harbor only has 4 of the 11 lavs available for service. 18109 is on the 830 from PABT. And 2 Eht lavs broke down yesterday. Honestly idk how any of these 18000-21000s are passing dot inspections. Give the 22000s a few more months when the oem parts start to need replacing and they’ll be in the same boat. The transmission control unit on the 18000-22000s are a big issue. 18098 is on its 2nd transmission because of that and currently out of service. 18099 transmission control unit went yesterday.

They sure don’t make em the way they used to.....

On 5/30/2022 at 2:07 PM, dkm07302 said:

I also thought 119 should have went to NJ Transit from the start. As for Greenville, to be honest, taking the 10 wouldn't be so bad since the garage sits in a nice spot. Plus, they can set some routes up at city line of Bayonne. It would even be nice to split it with Meadowlands. 

greenville does the 81L so that would be good. they can share busses

4 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Say your coming from the path train

If you're coming from the PATH train, you have to go clear across the area where the buses are.... Then you go inside the general area where the RR trains are... Before you specifically reach the RR tracks though, as soon as you walk inside that part of the terminal, you walk to your right (like @nightmare402 said) & there are a couple TVM's... There's about 3, 4, or 5 of them (don't remember the exact number of them right this second, but the point is, there are TVM's at Hoboken terminal)....

9 hours ago, mfs NJT459 said:

All those extra year-round trips that were added to the 319 are run by Howell… @553 Bridgeton could confirm?

4 by Howell in the off season and 9 in the summer. Meadowlands has 2 trippers down, and 7 full runs. Weekends Howell does the 2 Howell trippers as full jobs.

Gates 309-313 are No CNG buses. 137 express boards at 319 with cngs. 

8 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I thought the 319 gate at PABT was non-CNG only?

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

On 5/31/2022 at 8:54 PM, nightmare402 said:

what u mean? service to Monmouth Park? that started already

No, the summer service thats supposed to be better, not worse. Express trips that dont require a transfer at Long Branch. Ran every summer until 2017/2018

7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Unpopular opinion: All New York lines should be pickup or drop off only.

Example: The 167 should not be used to serve local passengers between Dumont & Degraw Ave, when there’s 6 other local lines that do the same thing.

I get that 100% of the #10 is served by the #119, but you cannot justify having the #194 & the #197 operating closed door within New Jersey.....