New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

How long was the vesting period at Lakeland? You coming to njt was a better move, because when the pandemic hit it crippled Lakeland and Decamp.

Not sure about the vesting period actually.  Had a growing 401k too, and was pretty disappointed I couldn’t transfer it over to state pension.  And yeah it seemed like most everyone followed me over to NJT as well.

Funny thing is before all this madness kicked off, a couple of guys left the “Lake” one became a trucker, ultimately ending up at UPS, the other went to NJT (under me at Lakeland) and they were still working while everyone else was laid off.

4 hours ago, 127Ridgefield said:

Does anyone know any word about 119 ? We got about a month left until the new pick just wondering how is it going to serviced by NJT. 

I wasn't aware of both the 10 and 119 coming to NJT:

Last month, NJ Transit awarded Coach a three-year contract to continue operating the Hudson County routes (minus the Nos. 10 and 119), which goes into effect this June.

Because of the popularity of the routes, NJ Transit decided to take over routes Nos. 10 and 119 in June "to meet the changing needs of the customers," and will add larger buses to the routes, a change that isn't possible under a contract operation, Smith said. But operating additional routes beyond that may be difficult.

‘Roll of the dice': NJ Transit riders stranded by no-show buses on these Coach-run routes (northjersey.com)

I guess artic buses coming soon.

52 minutes ago, 161 New York said:

I wasn't aware of both the 10 and 119 coming to NJT:

I guess artic buses coming soon.

In response I heard they're swapping the 84, 86, 89 if im not wrong. I also heard the 10 will go to Greenville and the 119 and 126 to Meadowlands if im not mistaken

2 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

In response I heard they're swapping the 84, 86, 89 if im not wrong. I also heard the 10 will go to Greenville and the 119 and 126 to Meadowlands if im not mistaken

That’s correct. That’s why Meadowlands got those extra 15 artics for the 119. 

From what my friend told me, major changes will be coming to the local routes. A lot of the 83 runs will have time changes as they’re no longer interlined with the 84.

IMHO it does not make sense, as the 83 should have been the one to go to coach along with the 84 and 89, as the 83 is right next to the Paramus Facility and there’s a coach desk right in JSQ.

Those extra XD60s wasn’t for the 119. They were for the 123/125/126.

As if now Academy took NJT to court over the 119. There will be a final ruling next week. What Academy needs to understand the 119 is not their line. It’s NJT. NJT can take back any contracted route they own. 

46 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

As if now Academy took NJT to court over the 119. There will be a final ruling next week. What Academy needs to understand the 119 is not their line. It’s NJT. NJT can take back any contracted route they own. 

When did academy sue for the 119?

1 hour ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Wow! I didn’t know Academy is still fighting over the 119! Either way I know both Academy and Coach USA are not running that line well. Every time I am at Congress St passengers always saying “where is the 119 I’ve been here for over a hour!” lol

28 minutes ago, 127Ridgefield said:

Wow! I didn’t know Academy is still fighting over the 119! Either way I know both Academy and Coach USA are not running that line well. Every time I am at Congress St passengers always saying “where is the 119 I’ve been here for over a hour!” lol

Yup. It’s sad, Coach had to bring in drivers from Chicago to help cover the 119. 

Academy put themselves in there own situation. They focus on charter and not the transit lines. They have the man power.

22 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Yup. It’s sad, Coach had to bring in drivers from Chicago to help cover the 119. 

Academy put themselves in there own situation. They focus on charter and not the transit lines. They have the man power.

That’s partially why transit has been trying to fastrak the acquisition of that line.

But transit should have gotten the 119 from the start when Red & Ran went out of business. In what universe do you think giving a high ridership, one hour and a half long route to NYC to a private carrier a good idea?

And what makes it even more mind boggling is that they’re sending the 10 to Greenville instead of Meadowlands, when artics need to be on the 10 as well.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

That’s partially why transit has been trying to fastrak the acquisition of that line.

But transit should have gotten the 119 from the start when Red & Ran went out of business. In what universe do you think giving a high ridership, one hour and a half long route to NYC to a private carrier a good idea?

And what makes it even more mind boggling is that they’re sending the 10 to Greenville instead of Meadowlands, when artics need to be on the 10 as well.

The 10 and the 99S now 119 should have went to NJT When Drogin/South Hudson Iboa went out of business...

I've fanned the 11 and 72 the past couple days and man those potholes in Newark are rough, a lot of BAM and BOOM when those NABIs traveled over them. Road quality got better outside of Newark though. 

Also Bloomfield is an underrated city, lots of nice houses and you could smell the trees and freshly mowed lawns inside the bus as it traveled though that city. I didn't expect the 72 to be such an nice ride (I rode it from Newark to Paterson). The 11 wasn't too bad either. 

13 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I've fanned the 11 and 72 the past couple days and man those potholes in Newark are rough, a lot of BAM and BOOM when those NABIs traveled over them. Road quality got better outside of Newark though. 

Also Bloomfield is an underrated city, lots of nice houses and you could smell the trees and freshly mowed lawns inside the bus as it traveled though that city. I didn't expect the 72 to be such an nice ride (I rode it from Newark to Paterson). The 11 wasn't too bad either. 

Oh yes...Like u said Potholes...Njt have alot of routes thats interesting to fan

Drove earlier today and saw 2 NJT D4000s, I think, parked in a lot near the North Area of EWR. Don't know if that spot is a new storage lot and I couldn't confirm the numbers

Edited by go25

5 hours ago, 127Ridgefield said:

New Pick is starting to be posted at Meadowlands Garage. Seems like we are doing the 10, 22, 119. We are also oddly enough still doing the 86 and 89 🤔

22? I thought NJT was trading the 84, 86 and 89 for the 10 and 119 only? Where did the 22 come from??

11 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

22? I thought NJT was trading the 84, 86 and 89 for the 10 and 119 only? Where did the 22 come from??

That took me by surprise as well when I saw the run sheets. All of this is coming out of left field. There’s going to be ALOT of WORK for us this summer.