New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

19 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Can anyone confirm that Saddle River Tours is still operating its #55 route to Bloomfield & Belleville: https://www.srtbus.com/_content/commuter_schedules/55 Line from NJ to Midtown Manhattan.pdf

As per Yelper "Paulette S." of Kearny, NJ → review of Saddle River Tours (as a former #55 rider herself)

----------------

"As of the writing of this review, Tuesday Dec. 3, 2019, the Saddle River Bus Commuter Route 55, which picked up from Bloomfield, NJ and dropped off in Midtown Manhattan is no longer running.  Was there advanced notice?  NO, of course not.  The regular driver texted a few of the passengers and we basically had to play "telephone text" to make sure everyone was notified that the bus would no longer be running.

I last rode the bus on Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2019 at 5:45pm - the only pick up in the evening in front of Bryant Park.  Granted, most people left early for the holidays so there were only 3 passengers on the bus that evening.

But no notice was given - no note on their website.  Every time I tried to reach someone today, I got voicemail.  Most of us just bought tickets since we ride on a daily basis.  Are they refunding us?  

Horrible bus company!!
"

18 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Isn't Saddle Liver out of business?

18 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I don't know, is it? Their website is still up: https://www.srtbus.com/commuter.php

Yeah, Saddle River's defunct.... Some business owners keep their old websites up as a means of not having the domain name itself thrown back into the registry pool; usually to keep what's called domain squatters from marring or profiting off their good name (which is ironic for Saddle River specifically, but that's neither here nor there)...

Edited by B35 via Church

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2022 at 1:45 PM, B35 via Church said:

As per Yelper "Paulette S." of Kearny, NJ → review of Saddle River Tours (as a former #55 rider herself)

----------------

"As of the writing of this review, Tuesday Dec. 3, 2019, the Saddle River Bus Commuter Route 55, which picked up from Bloomfield, NJ and dropped off in Midtown Manhattan is no longer running.  Was there advanced notice?  NO, of course not.  The regular driver texted a few of the passengers and we basically had to play "telephone text" to make sure everyone was notified that the bus would no longer be running.

I last rode the bus on Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2019 at 5:45pm - the only pick up in the evening in front of Bryant Park.  Granted, most people left early for the holidays so there were only 3 passengers on the bus that evening.

But no notice was given - no note on their website.  Every time I tried to reach someone today, I got voicemail.  Most of us just bought tickets since we ride on a daily basis.  Are they refunding us?  

Horrible bus company!!
"

Yeah, Saddle River's defunct.... Some business owners keep their old websites up as a means of not having the domain name itself thrown back into the registry pool; usually to keep what's called domain squatters from marring or profiting off their good name (which is ironic for Saddle River specifically, but that's neither here nor there)...

It actually went under a new name, Matador Tours, and I’ve seen some buses recently in Saddle River graphics, (MCI J4500s and some D4505s).  They’re based out of the Carlstadt/Moonachie area

2 hours ago, 46Dover said:

It actually went under a new name, Matador Tours, and I’ve seen some buses recently in Saddle River graphics, (MCI J4500s and some D4505s).  They’re based out of the Carlstadt/Moonachie area

I’ve seen them to, I saw one of the D4505s in Atlantic City. And interestingly enough I skated past him in 17063 lol. 

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

A NJT Bus op shot at three teens WHILE AT WORK who assaulted him. He had an stolen Glock 9.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/hudson/2022/12/nj-transit-bus-driver-shot-at-3-teens-wounding-1-after-reported-assault-official-says.html%3foutputType=amp

I side with the OP not because hes a transit employee but because he handed an L to one of these knucklehead teens who always be starting shit with adults.

Edited by trainfan22

20 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

A NJT Bus op shot at three teens WHILE AT WORK who assaulted him. He had an stolen Glock 9.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/hudson/2022/12/nj-transit-bus-driver-shot-at-3-teens-wounding-1-after-reported-assault-official-says.html%3foutputType=amp

I side with the OP not because hes a transit employee but because he handed an L to one of these knucklehead teens who always be starting shit with adults.

I’m gonna say self defense 

2 hours ago, 46Dover said:

I’m gonna say self defense 

I agree, article says they assaulted him first. The issue here is he had an stolen gun and at work at that. One news story said the B/O had an criminal record and how did he get hired in the first place. Didn't really like that as they are trying to paint the driver as the bad guy that shot innocent little kids. I'd bet my last dollar that those teens started with him first.

4 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

One news story said the B/O had an criminal record and how did he get hired in the first place. Didn't really like that as they are trying to paint the driver as the bad guy that shot innocent little kids. I'd bet my last dollar that those teens started with him first.

Media’s gonna media

Meadowlands driver assaulted on the 10 in Journal Square for asking people to vacate the wheelchair seats. 

Word from someone I know in control that the guy who answered the call told her “what kind of excuse is that to not finish the line” when she called to notify.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

6 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Meadowlands driver assaulted on the 10 in Journal Square for asking people to vacate the wheelchair seats. 

Word from someone I know in control that the guy who answered the call told her “what kind of excuse is that to not finish the line” when she called to notify.

???? 

• 2 weeks later...