New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/8/2023 at 8:58 PM, B35 via Church said:

How close (was) the old Ampere RR station to where you are now? Would it have been walkable (to get to) for you?

It would be around a mile or so to the Ampere station. For reference, the Broad Street station is a little under two miles from me (and this past Sunday I had the displeasure of having to walk the whole thing...weekend service, especially Sunday service out here is like night and day compared to weekday service...Monday mornings at 8am, the PATH runs every 5 minutes...Sunday mornings at 8am, it's every 35 minutes, and a similar situation for the Bloomfield Avenue buses).

Anyway, my walking tolerance is high so I would consider it walkable. I'd add it to my rotation of options (light rail to Newark Penn, bus to Newark Broad, walk to Ampere), but it would likely be one of the back pocket options so to speak.

On a side note, I'm shocked at how infrequently the #34 runs in the evenings. When I'm on the PATH, I usually check the MyBusNow app for the next buses to leave Newark Penn, and I'll see a bunch of #1 and #25 buses on the Market Street side, but very rarely any #34s (for either branch, Bloomfield or East Orange/Montclair). Hopefully that's something that changes as part of the redesign. 

3 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

Does anyone know what the train fare structure was like when they had peak and off-peak fares?

They basically had off-peak round trip fares. (So a one-way would've been full fare regardless). The discount was something like 20-25% compared to two one-way tickets. (But nowadays, they have FlexTicket, which is almost the same thing: 20 tickets for the price of 16, but it's only valid for 30 days from the date of purchase).

Here are some old schedules with the fares.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030821235840/https://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/r0040.pdf

https://web.archive.org/web/20051124225032/https://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/r0040.pdf

On 2/19/2023 at 10:38 AM, Lawrence St said:

Are there any NJT bus routes that run on NJ17S?

At the very southern end, the 76 (Newark-Hackensack) runs from Route 3 through Lyndhurst (via Ridge Rd).

Edit: Also from Route 3 to Ridge Road, the 191, 192, 195, 199

Edited by 46Dover
More info

• 2 weeks later...

I think today has to be one of the most memorable ride on Blvd East.

166 Local bus somehow managed to stop at every single stop and pick up passengers from 79th street to North Marginal Road. Last passenger did get off at North Marginal Road!

I debated whether I should get a lottery but realized that I've used my luck for the year...

On 1/29/2023 at 8:04 PM, Lawrence St said:

There really should be some rush hour 167/177 extensions past New Milford to Bergen C.C.

This would make for a difficult trip. It adds 15-20 mins off peak, and the bus depot is on the border or New Milford/Oradell. So you are talking about 3-40 mins extra until they return to the depot.

With that said, I surmise that what you really want, is the frequency of the 167/177 - which can be replicated on local lines if they design them with time efficiency in mind.

*shoutout to the rain that was coming down when I boarded the #125 yesterday morning at PABT.... Also, shoutout to the snow that started coming down mid-ride on said #125, and the whole entire ride on the #2....

* shoutout to the SUN that came out, when we got to Irvington Terminal on the #70 (this weather is something else, I tell ya)....

* shoutout to the 38 other people that were on the #70 I took earlier, right before we got to Short Hills Mall... Also, shoutout to the other 2 people that got off at Livingston Mall with me (you can do the math as to how many people got off at Short Hills.. and yes, I counted).... Livingston Mall is a joke.

* shoutout to the homeless guy that lives at bus shelter #3 (where the #873 & CommunityCoach #77 stops at)... that guy has been there at least a year now.... Strangely, there was a police cruiser not too far from shelter #1 (where the NJT #70 picks up at).... Good to know that the homeless dude has his own private security!

* shoutout to.... me, for waking up 2 separate people when we got to Penn (on the #73 & the 71)....

* shoutout to the second "Terminal A" stop inside EWR (when did stop addition take place btw???).... Stop looks decked out (nice) IMO, but still.... perfect waste of 14 minutes on the #67 (unrelated, but coincidentally, the driver change that took place just short of Howell garage, took the same amount of time)

* shoutout to misses finger banger that was sitting 2 rows in front of me on the #319 (like nobody didn't notice)... Also, shout out to the stuck up f*** I ended up sitting next to, since there were no other available seats (well, not counting the one a**hole that sprawled sleeping across all 3 seats in the back).... As for the chick I was sitting next to, I mean, this mf-er had both knees pointing towards the windows for most of the ride (couldn't really tell if she was white or hispanic since it was dark out, but it's irrelevant)....

* shoutout to the #319 driver that got us from Toms River to PABT in 75 mins

* shoutout to.... my bladder, for (somehow) not having me having to stop off to use the bathroom once during this 15 hour fantrip :wacko:

Edited by B35 via Church

Bus decided to take a massive dump on me after I got out of the tunnel on my last trip last night.  Managed to make it to the right lane on the first turn of the helix, then limped up the hill before the bus said “no mas” after Weehawken exit. People got transferred and I spent the next 3 hours waiting for a replacement while getting towed up to Kennedy

17 minutes ago, 46Dover said:

Bus decided to take a massive dump on me after I got out of the tunnel on my last trip last night.  Managed to make it to the right lane on the first turn of the helix, then limped up the hill before the bus said “no mas” after Weehawken exit. People got transferred and I spent the next 3 hours waiting for a replacement while getting towed up to Kennedy

It was an MCI wasn't it.

41 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

It was an MCI wasn't it.

Yep.  I was thinking 9 times out of 10 when ever it rains really hard, the electrical systems start going haywire.  Not the case here.  Thankfully I got out of the tunnel and into the right lane.  Former co worker at my former employer said he had the same problem couple weeks back and told me to check the back.  Belts were gone

@B35 via Church Sounds like a fun trip...I'm going to guess it was #125 to JSQ - #2 to Secaucus - train to Newark - #70 to Livingston Mall - #73 to Newark Penn - walk to #29 to West Caldwell (Since Saturday buses don't start at Newark Penn until after 7pm) - #71 to Newark Penn - #67 to Toms River - #319 to PABT ?

18 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

@B35 via Church Sounds like a fun trip...I'm going to guess it was #125 to JSQ - #2 to Secaucus - train to Newark - #70 to Livingston Mall - #73 to Newark Penn - walk to #29 to West Caldwell (Since Saturday buses don't start at Newark Penn until after 7pm) - #71 to Newark Penn - #67 to Toms River - #319 to PABT ?

On the nose.

This whole trip was done on a whim btw.... Even though it took 3 hrs (3 hrs & 13 mins to be exact), I enjoyed the ride on the #67 the most (even considering the grand tour around EWR... Smh)... When we got to Toms River, I had my choice of taking the 7pm PABT bound #319 (which is what I ended up doing), or the 7:30 #137 back to PABT... That bus (137) was on layover too, so I felt a sense of comfort (as opposed to not knowing when the heck the next #137 would actually arrive).... On the #319, oddly enough around that time (8pm hour), traffic was almost nonexistent on the helix.... Usually when you exit the Tpke. & get on 495, that's when you start saying to yourself *here we go*, get the pillows ready.... But we were actually moving at a steady pace; bus never came to a full stop... Once I noticed the bus was actually accelerating when we passed Bergenline & NY av, then I said to myself "yeah, we're gonna get in quick" (referring to getting into NYC)....

As for the walk to the #29.... smh... After having stopped off at the 7-11 (Broad/Market), I took that walk in hopes of catching the #28 - but the goal was to embark on the first thing smoking.... As I was mid-block on Hill st, what makes the right turn off of Court onto Washington in the distance? Of course it was #28... smh... Swear I can never catch that thing... If/When I'm at Willowbrook, all I ever link up to is the damn #11 - no matter if I come off a #871/74, a #712, a #704... Don't matter... It's like I have to make a concerted effort to catch it or something, b/c whimsically, forget it.... Lol....

Shocker of the trip was the ride on the #71... I'm not sure what happened, but there was a boatload of people waiting at West Caldwell Plaza (I think it's called)... The #29 I got off (that was heading back to Newark in this instance, obv.) & the #71 I was on, both got to that stop at the same time... I had to kill about 20 mins. waiting for the #71... She only took about 5 mins. of layover time (no complaints here... lol)... In any case, I'd say it was about 50 ppl. or so at the stop... The #29 was in front of us, and I'd say it was an even split as to how many of those folks got on either bus... I was expecting (and hoping) most of them got on the #29, but to no avail... On top of that, there was actually something called passenger activity between the Roseland av. stint of the route & Essex Green (not inclusive) - literally all of which took place along Mt. Pleasant... After we got to Essex Green, about 6-8 ppl. or so got off, and then we got something called crushloaded! There was a #21 in front of us, at Main/Day, but of course ppl. started gravitating towards the #71.... But yeah, somehow this ride only took 1hr & 10 mins, because it felt like an eternity.... I guess this is a good thing for the #71?

On my ride on the #70, I realized that I had a bit of a streak of catching the vauxhall trips.... Felt funny going through the heart of Millburn (decent amt. of usage in Millburn on top of it).... Most those folks got off in Summit.... I gotta get around to catching those peak hour trips that run through Peach Tree Hill. rd again...

@B35 via Church Terminal A opened January 12th (though the new schedules didn't take effect until January 14th, so all of the buses ran late for the first two days).

For the #71, what would you say a typical Saturday trip is like? Say, 10-15 people in the commercial section of West Caldwell/Caldwell, and then pretty much a nonstop ride to Essex Green, where you get some turnover, and then a nonstop ride to Orange, where ridership varies based on whether it's in front of/behind the #21? (For as much as I've used the Bloomfield Avenue routes heading towards Downtown Newark, I haven't rode them too often west of the namesake town...the only route I've taken on its standalone portion is the #11...and the #72 if you want to count that as a Bloomfield Avenue route)

With the #70, do you know offhand when they added those Vauxhall trips? I know it was a while ago, but do you remember the year? I imagine they get decent ridership at that shopping center over there.

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

On the nose.

This whole trip was done on a whim btw.... Even though it took 3 hrs (3 hrs & 13 mins to be exact), I enjoyed the ride on the #67 the most (even considering the grand tour around EWR... Smh)... When we got to Toms River, I had my choice of taking the 7pm PABT bound #319 (which is what I ended up doing), or the 7:30 #137 back to PABT... That bus (137) was on layover too, so I felt a sense of comfort (as opposed to not knowing when the heck the next #137 would actually arrive).... On the #319, oddly enough around that time (8pm hour), traffic was almost nonexistent on the helix.... Usually when you exit the Tpke. & get on 495, that's when you start saying to yourself *here we go*, get the pillows ready.... But we were actually moving at a steady pace; bus never came to a full stop... Once I noticed the bus was actually accelerating when we passed Bergenline & NY av, then I said to myself "yeah, we're gonna get in quick" (referring to getting into NYC)....

As for the walk to the #29.... smh... After having stopped off at the 7-11 (Broad/Market), I took that walk in hopes of catching the #28 - but the goal was to embark on the first thing smoking.... As I was mid-block on Hill st, what makes the right turn off of Court onto Washington in the distance? Of course it was #28... smh... Swear I can never catch that thing... If/When I'm at Willowbrook, all I ever link up to is the damn #11 - no matter if I come off a #871/74, a #712, a #704... Don't matter... It's like I have to make a concerted effort to catch it or something, b/c whimsically, forget it.... Lol....

Shocker of the trip was the ride on the #71... I'm not sure what happened, but there was a boatload of people waiting at West Caldwell Plaza (I think it's called)... The #29 I got off (that was heading back to Newark in this instance, obv.) & the #71 I was on, both got to that stop at the same time... I had to kill about 20 mins. waiting for the #71... She only took about 5 mins. of layover time (no complaints here... lol)... In any case, I'd say it was about 50 ppl. or so at the stop... The #29 was in front of us, and I'd say it was an even split as to how many of those folks got on either bus... I was expecting (and hoping) most of them got on the #29, but to no avail... On top of that, there was actually something called passenger activity between the Roseland av. stint of the route & Essex Green (not inclusive) - literally all of which took place along Mt. Pleasant... After we got to Essex Green, about 6-8 ppl. or so got off, and then we got something called crushloaded! There was a #21 in front of us, at Main/Day, but of course ppl. started gravitating towards the #71.... But yeah, somehow this ride only took 1hr & 10 mins, because it felt like an eternity.... I guess this is a good thing for the #71?

On my ride on the #70, I realized that I had a bit of a streak of catching the vauxhall trips.... Felt funny going through the heart of Millburn (decent amt. of usage in Millburn on top of it).... Most those folks got off in Summit.... I gotta get around to catching those peak hour trips that run through Peach Tree Hill. rd again...

If you saw the video of the two kids from Boston who went on a trip on NJT from the southernmost point (Cape May) to the northernmost (Warwick, NY) making all local stops.  It took them a better part of 25 hours.

One day a friend of mine calls me and says “hey, don’t you have Run 19?”  I said yeah, why?  He said “Well, you missed your chance to be on YouTube”.  They rode the 197 at Willowbrook from their connection from Newark (I think it was the 11) to Warwick.  I missed this day being down to Covid.  It made me even sicker and mad knowing I could’ve been part of the fun 🤦‍♂️

On 3/14/2023 at 11:45 PM, checkmatechamp13 said:

@B35 via Church Terminal A opened January 12th (though the new schedules didn't take effect until January 14th, so all of the buses ran late for the first two days).

For the #71, what would you say a typical Saturday trip is like? Say, 10-15 people in the commercial section of West Caldwell/Caldwell, and then pretty much a nonstop ride to Essex Green, where you get some turnover, and then a nonstop ride to Orange, where ridership varies based on whether it's in front of/behind the #21? (For as much as I've used the Bloomfield Avenue routes heading towards Downtown Newark, I haven't rode them too often west of the namesake town...the only route I've taken on its standalone portion is the #11...and the #72 if you want to count that as a Bloomfield Avenue route)

With the #70, do you know offhand when they added those Vauxhall trips? I know it was a while ago, but do you remember the year? I imagine they get decent ridership at that shopping center over there.

Got it.... Thanks.

To your questions though.... A typical Newark bound trip from Essex "mall" on the #71 usually has about a handful of people or so boarding at Kirkpatrick (the first stop), about another handful boarding along Bloomfield, virtually nobody b/w Bloomfield av & Essex Green (both, not inclusive), then (on average) 10-15 people at Essex Green itself, then much of nobody up until you get to that stop before it turns off for Main st.... From that point, you start seeing steady usage (pickups/dropoffs) at just about every stop in Orange (so yes, it varies, as those folks have a tendency to use the 21/71/73 interchangeably)... After that area over there where the #5 ends, it comes pretty close to being nonstop until you (obviously) get to Broad - largely b/c it takes that underpass (which I believe is considered Raymond Blvd), instead of staying on Market like the #21 does (which is why the #21 is infinitely more popular b/w East Orange & Newark)...

From Essex "mall" (I like to say Kirkpatrick instead... sounds better... lol) though, there isn't really much of any turnover (on average) at Essex Green - which is something else that was abnormal about that trip last week... I'm guessing that those were people that were binge shopping at/from West Caldwell Plaza, wanting to hit up Essex Green.... But normally, very few people take the #71 to Essex Green from points north.... But yeah, one of the reasons I like fanning the #71 is that (unofficial... lol) nonstop portion b/w Essex Green & Bloomfield av.... Albeit a West Caldwell bound trip, I'll never forget the one ride I had a few years ago, where the b/o straight floored it, after the jampacked bus (with the exception of me, of course) emptied out at Essex Green... I'm telling you, the way dude was driving, was like he knew nobody else was going to board, short of Bloomfield.... There has been several times throughout the course of time, where I've literally been the only person on a NB #71 on a Saturday after Essex Green...

One thing I will say that I don't care for on the weekday rush trips, is the Fairfield loop.... Forget about how boring/drab I think it is from a fanning perspective (this is coming from someone who generally likes riding through industrial areas), it's a massive waste of time.... The industrial Totowa #712's & the 76M through the industrial parts of Moonachie & Carlstadt carry considerably more than those #71's do through that big ass loop..... I get providing basic coverage, but I still don't think carving a standalone route from that part of the #71 (as in, the NewBus Newark study's proposed #774) to/from Kirkpatrick is remotely worth it.... I believe I said in another post that that loop should be served from people coming off one of the Paterson routes or whatever at Willowbrook Mall.... It's not like on the #79 for example where there's a significant amt. of Newark/E. Orange/Orange folks that work out in Parsippany (even aside from UPS workers), that those folks are trying to get to those industrial areas in Fairfield....

Funny you put it that way (regarding the #72 as a Bloomfield route).... For some reason, I don't consider it a Bloomfield route... Whenever I hear/read "Bloomfield route", I immediately think #11/28/29.... I think of the #72 as more of "a Paterson route that runs to Newark"....

I've wondered about when they started those trips via Vauxhall (Millburn bypass) on the #70 myself.... As far as I know, they always had them... What I can tell you is that there used to be a time when those Vauxhall trips used to be very scarce during the weekday (they ran far more frequently on weekends than weekdays !!)... They used to have certain trips bypass Millburn on some morning trips towards Livingston Mall & some PM trips towards Newark.... Midday weekday trips used to all run via Millburn... IINM, they eventually expanded weekday service via Vauxhall (to run in both directions) sometime around the late 2000's - early 2010's....

It's ironic that the NewBus Newark study would have all #70's running via Vauxhall, with the Millburn portion being covered by some stupid dinky that'd emanate at Hilton Garage (proposed #776).... Even though the Vauxhall branch is obviously quicker, the Millburn branch is more popular....

On 3/15/2023 at 12:37 AM, 46Dover said:

If you saw the video of the two kids from Boston who went on a trip on NJT from the southernmost point (Cape May) to the northernmost (Warwick, NY) making all local stops.  It took them a better part of 25 hours.

One day a friend of mine calls me and says “hey, don’t you have Run 19?”  I said yeah, why?  He said “Well, you missed your chance to be on YouTube”.  They rode the 197 at Willowbrook from their connection from Newark (I think it was the 11) to Warwick.  I missed this day being down to Covid.  It made me even sicker and mad knowing I could’ve been part of the fun 🤦‍♂️

Nope, never knew about it....

Wonder what the itinerary was... Just going off top, I'm guessing the #552 - #559 - #67 - #11/28 - #197....

On 3/15/2023 at 12:37 AM, 46Dover said:

I couldn't get through the first 5 minutes of that video with all the whining and babbling going on... 

7 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

To your questions though.... A typical Newark bound trip from Essex "mall" on the #71 usually has about a handful of people or so boarding at Kirkpatrick (the first stop), about another handful boarding along Bloomfield, virtually nobody b/w Bloomfield av & Essex Green (both, not inclusive), then (on average) 10-15 people at Essex Green itself, then much of nobody up until you get to that stop before it turns off for Main st.... From that point, you start seeing steady usage (pickups/dropoffs) at just about every stop in Orange (so yes, it varies, as those folks have a tendency to use the 21/71/73 interchangeably)... After that area over there where the #5 ends, it comes pretty close to being nonstop until you (obviously) get to Broad - largely b/c it takes that underpass (which I believe is considered Raymond Blvd), instead of staying on Market like the #21 does (which is why the #21 is infinitely more popular b/w East Orange & Newark)...

So I take it the 71/73 B/Os don't enforce that whole pickup/dropoff-only policy too strictly? (On the schedule, it says that for the 71/73, east of Prospect Street is pickup/dropoff-only). 

And yeah, that's Raymond Blvd...I remember the first time I took a shuttle bus replacing the Newark Light Rail for the weekend, and was thinking "Hold on...how did we get on the highway?". 

From Essex "mall" (I like to say Kirkpatrick instead... sounds better... lol) though, there isn't really much of any turnover (on average) at Essex Green - which is something else that was abnormal about that trip last week... I'm guessing that those were people that were binge shopping at/from West Caldwell Plaza, wanting to hit up Essex Green.... But normally, very few people take the #71 to Essex Green from points north.... But yeah, one of the reasons I like fanning the #71 is that (unofficial... lol) nonstop portion b/w Essex Green & Bloomfield av.... Albeit a West Caldwell bound trip, I'll never forget the one ride I had a few years ago, where the b/o straight floored it, after the jampacked bus (with the exception of me, of course) emptied out at Essex Green... I'm telling you, the way dude was driving, was like he knew nobody else was going to board, short of Bloomfield.... There has been several times throughout the course of time, where I've literally been the only person on a NB #71 on a Saturday after Essex Green...

Looks like they definitely took that into consideration when they planned out the #771/773/775 routes in the NewBus Newark Plan. Past Orange, there's pretty much nothing connecting up towards points north, but if there's barely any ridership from Caldwell/West Caldwell going towards Livingston and Essex Mall, then I can see why they set it up like that (And anyone heading towards Orange/East Orange can make a transfer in Montclair or Bloomfield). 

One thing I will say that I don't care for on the weekday rush trips, is the Fairfield loop.... Forget about how boring/drab I think it is from a fanning perspective (this is coming from someone who generally likes riding through industrial areas), it's a massive waste of time.... The industrial Totowa #712's & the 76M through the industrial parts of Moonachie & Carlstadt carry considerably more than those #71's do through that big ass loop..... I get providing basic coverage, but I still don't think carving a standalone route from that part of the #71 (as in, the NewBus Newark study's proposed #774) to/from Kirkpatrick is remotely worth it.... I believe I said in another post that that loop should be served from people coming off one of the Paterson routes or whatever at Willowbrook Mall.... It's not like on the #79 for example where there's a significant amt. of Newark/E. Orange/Orange folks that work out in Parsippany (even aside from UPS workers), that those folks are trying to get to those industrial areas in Fairfield...,

Yes, and I definitely agree with that...even the old GNBSS (Greater Newark Bus Service Study) recommended service between West Caldwell & Willowbrook Mall via Fairfield. Hopefully they will come to their senses on that aspect of the plan.

Funny you put it that way (regarding the #72 as a Bloomfield route).... For some reason, I don't consider it a Bloomfield route... Whenever I hear/read "Bloomfield route", I immediately think #11/28/29.... I think of the #72 as more of "a Paterson route that runs to Newark"....

Yeah, it's definitely operated independently of the "official" Bloomfield Avenue routes. It's out of Market Street Garage in Paterson (rather than Orange Garage), and the scheduling is independent of the #11/28/29 (It bunches very often with those routes). It even operates differently within Downtown Newark (the #11/28/29 take Raymond - Mulberry - Market - Washington, whereas the #72 takes Raymond straight to Washington). Basically, it's considered a regional bus route from Paterson to Newark like you said, while the #11/28/29 are considered actual Newark routes.

Come to think about it, it is very confusing for a first-time user how all of the Raymond Blvd routes operate out of Newark Penn. The #30/76 take Raymond to Broad...the #72 takes Raymond to Washington...the #41 takes Raymond to Park Place...the #39 takes Raymond to Broad, but the first stop (after Newark Penn) is at Market Street nearside, while the #62/65/66 stop at Academy Street just after the turn. The #70 has its first stop all the way at Market Street farside. The #5/11/21/28/29 all take Raymond to Mulberry to Market. The buses that stop at Raymond/McCarter are the #29/30/41/65/66/71/72/73/76/78/79/108/378. And then you have the variants of the #29/71/73 that go up I-280, which take a completely different route through downtown Newark (Similar to the #41). You have the #108 which does it's own thing in the eastbound direction, and then you have the whole Hill Street/Lincoln Park/Newark Penn thing going on top of that. 

Wonder what the itinerary was... Just going off top, I'm guessing the #552 - #559 - #67 - #11/28 - #197....

They wanted to do it all-local (meaning no limited-access highways, though they had to "cheat" a bit on the #559).

The full trip was #313 - #553 - #559 - #139 - #818 - #815 - #48 - #59 - #11 - #197 (Starting with the Friday evening #313 trip). 

Edited by checkmatechamp13

Perhaps this deals with the history of NJT, but why in the name of Flxble Metro D’S are there so many branches of so many dam routes???

I thought it was only a select number of garages but this is beyond ridiculous. The 76 has 4 branches in itself, why? The 159 has 4 branches within itself, why? The 126 has 4 branches of a route, and I never knew the dam thing continued south of Hoboken to some park I have never heard of.

I have never seen any usage with the 83W from the times I did it/rode it. They also changed the routing to operate via 83rd St because they made a no-left restriction on 69th St going onto Tonnele Ave.

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I thought it was only a select number of garages but this is beyond ridiculous. The 76 has 4 branches in itself, why? The 159 has 4 branches within itself, why? The 126 has 4 branches of a route, and I never knew the dam thing continued south of Hoboken to some park I have never heard of.

I

If you’re referring to the extension into Jersey City yeah, I have yet to see that routing myself

On 3/20/2023 at 7:23 AM, Lawrence St said:

Perhaps this deals with the history of NJT, but why in the name of Flxble Metro D’S are there so many branches of so many dam routes???

I have never seen any usage with the 83W from the times I did it/rode it. They also changed the routing to operate via 83rd St because they made a no-left restriction on 69th St going onto Tonnelle Ave.

Yeah, NJT also tends to put letters on short-turns for no reason (e.g. #76R, #94U, #27R, etc). Hopefully that's something that's addressed as part of those redesigns.

BTW @B35 via Church apparently at one point, EZRide operated the #827 as the Willowbrook Mall counterpart to the #646 (I don't see the #827 on the list of current shuttle routes unfortunately...wonder if it really had the lower ridership of the two). But yeah, if EZ Ride is operating a free shuttle, there's not much of a point to having the #71 cover the same route.