New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, this is what I've observed from last month till now, don't know if this is accurate:

* The Northeast Corridor uses  Bombardier ALP-46 with Bombardier Comet Cars or Arrow cars

* The Raritan Valley Line uses Bombardier ALP-45DP with Bombardier Multilevel II passenger cars

*The North Jersey Coast Line and Morristown to New York uses either a ALP-45/46 with Bombardier Comet cars, Hoboken are diesel locomotives (Morristown to NY uses Multilevel cars) 

*The Gladstone Line uses Bombardier Multilevel II cars with either a ALP-45 or 46 or Arrow cars

*The Mountclair line uses a ALP-46 with Multilevel cars to NY, Hoboken are diesel powered locomotives with Alstom Comet Vs 

* The Main Line is either a Comet V or Multilevel cars

* All diesel locomotives with Comet Vs are on the Bergen Line and Pascack Valley Line

* Atlantic City line comets are Bombardier and Alstom comet Vs and a diesel type

*The Port Jervis Metro North uses a F40 or G40 Locomotive with Alstom V cars

Edited by Calvin

Hey 553... what's the deal with only SOME buses now displaying their garage? Doesn't seem to make sense. Could get confusing to the public to see a Bridgeton bus all of a sudden read "Egg Harbor"

I think because those buses were used in Camden during Pope Weekend, and they still have the P/R code display EGG HARBOR

• 3 weeks later...

What exactly are you trying to find out? I agree the website can be confusing. Maybe some of us here can answer your question

I figured it out but, it's still horrible.

-One, the bus maps are horrible. They should do a google maps overlay.

-Either you have to know the route or you put in a origin and destination path and they give you a route you could take. Give me a reasonable map. Sometimes there's another bus you can take a few blocks away.

-There are no zone maps as a whole, I guess they're contrived based on each bus route ( I know they're in each bus route pdf). 

-I was trying to figure out the monthly pass rate for a certain area and you get a sheet with a list of zones, but I understand how it works now.

Edited by N6 Limited

I figured it out but, it's still horrible.

-One, the bus maps are horrible. They should do a google maps overlay.

-Either you have to know the route or you put in a origin and destination path and they give you a route you could take. Give me a reasonable map. Sometimes there's another bus you can take a few blocks away.

-There are no zone maps as a whole, I guess they're contrived based on each bus route ( I know they're in each bus route pdf). 

-I was trying to figure out the monthly pass rate for a certain area and you get a sheet with a list of zones, but I understand how it works now.

if you go to Mybusnow.njtransit.com, and click on Map, you can select up to 5 bus routes and they show the google map overlay and the buses in real time where they are, sometimes the lines are messed up, but they try to fix them up

How many people are taking Uber to a train station?

https://newsroom.uber.com/new-jersey/2015/10/uber-and-public-transit-working-hand-in-hand-in-new-jersey/

if you go to Mybusnow.njtransit.com, and click on Map, you can select up to 5 bus routes and they show the google map overlay and the buses in real time where they are, sometimes the lines are messed up, but they try to fix them up

How many people are taking Uber to a train station?

https://newsroom.uber.com/new-jersey/2015/10/uber-and-public-transit-working-hand-in-hand-in-new-jersey/

Thanks! It's very useful it would be nice if you could also get all routes near an intersection.

Interesting article. Especially the growth in trips to the path. The trips around Newark Penn is spreading in a web-like fashion.

• 3 weeks later...