2013 NYC Mayoral Election Discussion

Amtrak7

http://www.nytimes.c...-step-down.html

Joseph J. Lhota, the chairman of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, has informed the Cuomo administration that he is stepping down from his position, according to three people with direct knowledge of his plans. He is expected to resign on Friday and announce his candidacy for New York City mayor as a Republican.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys really think that having another business man run the city is going to make things better? Its bad enough we got goonberg hanging around longer than he's supposed to. Another business man will just continue riding goonbergs coattails.. just my opinion tho..

You guys really think that having another business man run the city is going to make things better? Its bad enough we got goonberg hanging around longer than he's supposed to. Another business man will just continue riding goonbergs coattails.. just my opinion tho..

There's a reason Bloomberg has been here for so long. Just because some of you don't like him doesn't mean he's doing a bad job. I'm not saying he was the best mayor in the city, but a majority of the city (the HUGE New York City) likes Bloomberg and wanted him to stay this long.

Shame to see him go, I know I'll have my differences with him now that he's moving into politics. Thompson or DeBlasio for me.

How overconfident...

He's not legally allowed to run without resigning, and at the moment he's the only legitimate Republican candidate out there.

Here we go again with another step down out of the MTA. As much as I know he wants to compete for 2013 Mayorship... But will there ever be an MTA Chairman who will stick with the Company for more then 3 Years+ and not drop out in less then 1 to 2 years??? (Aside from those who have stayed long in the way past..)

Lets see what happens with Mr. Prendergast as Chairman or who ever..

Archived