2013 NYC Mayoral Election Discussion

Amtrak7

It was a dumb comment by Lhota, but Catsimatidis also looks like an idiot running an ad like that. Truth is, it's a touchy subject. 99.9% of the time, the PAPD sit around and do absolutely nothing at all. But on one fateful day, dozens of officers lost their lives (more than the NYPD) in the call of duty. So, most of the time, yeah, they are close to mall cops. But not on one day. And that's why you really don't want to dump on these guys too much for the work they do; in general, dumping on any cops plays badly. 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly today people seem to have a short attention span and will only pick up on this nonsense instead of the issues. Either way at the end of the day, I pretty much expect Lhota to win his party's nomination. Cat's running slanderous ads other than the vague 'i'll keep Ray Kelly as commissioner' as his main goal doesn't demonstrate very much for his campaign. I think Lhota would probably do the same (unless he has a beef with Kelly).

What's gonna be interesting is will Bloomberg endorsing Lhota (if Deblasio wins his party's nod) hurt or help him? I think if Quinn wins her party Bloomberg would still endorse her because of what she did for him (allow his 3rd term).

What's gonna be interesting is will Bloomberg endorsing Lhota (if Deblasio wins his party's nod) hurt or help him?

It will absolutely hurt Lhota because pretty much all of the candidates otherwise are against Bloomberg's asine attempts at reforms which reflects a drive towards creating an unacceptable status quo that clearly unproportionally elevates the rich and undermines the poor.

The majority of democratic and republican voters as well as the mayoral candidates themselves are voicing out sharp criticisms against the current administration's policies knowing that attacking Bloomberg works in their favor. I believe Lhota as far as the stop and frisk controversy is concerned as an example actually hailed the judge's decision at reforms, and even suggested himself that PO's need to be retrained as part of solution to the problems that currently exist with that policy. So therefore accepting Bloomberg's support will prove to be a grave mistake on Lhota's part.

I said this many times that Bloomberg even lost Christine Quinn's support of the direction he is taking the City of New York in, with his ridiculous, on a cocktail napkin written policies, which is significant.

since weiner is still managing making headlines still they are just focusing on him calling a fellow jew a jacka## but let the record reflect that the guy was insulting his wife

http://gawker.com/anthony-weiner-blows-up-in-absurd-shouting-match-with-j-1252261514/1253386399

Not surprisingly as racial dynamics is a strong force among New Yorkers in general for better or for worse. Now this incident makes him a more colorful candidate than all the others as he did indeed defend his wife in the light of the man's racist comment.

I think the fact that he exploded over the racist insult is obviously a non-issue in this case, in itself, because of the nature behind why he responded with such a verbal attack and many New Yorkers in general, younger voters particularly young female voters, will agree. Hey he had every right to do so. If I was in his shoes, I wouldn't call this guy a jackass, I would have called this guy an idiot and a f**king fool.

Anyway this incident says alot, and this may actually help towards a modest increase in popularity among minority voters, also many voters who are in interracial relationships obvious enough. This may prove to be his way out of the bad publicity shed on him a result of the the sexting scandal that caused a significant drop in popularity among women voters as the sexting scandal was brought to light. Recall that his support among women voters was once upon a time sky high before the sex scandal was revealed.

Think about it, Clinton did the damage control, ex-president, in many ways, concerning the Monica Lewinsky scandal and subsequently impeached in the process, but it proved to work in his favor later on after the fact with major success. Therefore Weiner's defense in behalf of of his Middle-eastern wife may prove to work in Weiner's favor, definitely so with women voters, minority voters and also unconventional Jewish voters many of them in IR relationships themselves. You'd be surprised at how voters can be forgiving.

bloomberg says deblasio is running a racist campign  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   what?! 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/bloomberg-de-blasio-running-racist-campaign-20188631

Not only a racist campaign but a classist campaign too.  That Park Avenue commercial was downright disgusting.  He's counting on people's votes by painting those with money as being the enemy which is a terrible move.  These are the same people who give a ton to the arts in this city and contribute large sums of money to private projects and goodwill and this is the thanks that they get.  With his ridiculous antics, he's trying to drive the rich out of this city.  <_<

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/nyc-quiz-the-mayoral-candidates-all-claim-they-know-nyc-so-we-put-them-to-the-test-1.6020431

Lol! Christine Quinn doesn't know the subways well. She answered 168 subway stations.

To be fair only Lohta got that answer correct, and likely only because his recent experience with the MTA.

On the flipside, regarding the release of the Metrocard he answered "96, 97 (or) 98. When it was introduced and when it was implemented are two different things".  Got to reconsider, LOL.

To be fair only Lohta got that answer correct, and likely only because his recent experience with the MTA.

On the flipside, regarding the release of the Metrocard he answered "96, 97 (or) 98. When it was introduced and when it was implemented are two different things".  Got to reconsider, LOL.

And that just goes to highlight his experience with mass transit! Lhota is quite an insteresting character. He certainly has a wide (or cynically, scattershot) set of policies in his mind. Not exactly sure what to make of him...he does have a good amount of experience, though. 

And that just goes to highlight his experience with mass transit! Lhota is quite an insteresting character. He certainly has a wide (or cynically, scattershot) set of policies in his mind. Not exactly sure what to make of him...he does have a good amount of experience, though. 

So in simple terms not the worse for NYC.

As broad as his experience is he's still not the candidate I prefer most. He's up there though.

Like him or not, at least he probably the most qualified to run things. The others are just politicians that will say things to make ppl feel better (like the cat on the tracks issue) and not have a clue on how to run the city when the worst happens. I'd vote for a guy willing to keep the city moving over someone that will hold up service for 2+hrs because 'running over a pair of cats is so horrible'. I like animals, but at some point it is just over the top crazy how some people would sacrifice important time just for some wild hunt.

Like him or not, at least he probably the most qualified to run things. The others are just politicians that will say things to make ppl feel better (like the cat on the tracks issue) and not have a clue on how to run the city when the worst happens. I'd vote for a guy willing to keep the city moving over someone that will hold up service for 2+hrs because 'running over a pair of cats is so horrible'. I like animals, but at some point it is just over the top crazy how some people would sacrifice important time just for some wild hunt.

Well you do have an excellent point. A mayor who isn't afraid to be blunt would be very beneficial in this time of instability.

Would be a great refresher from Bloomberg.

Not only a racist campaign but a classist campaign too.  That Park Avenue commercial was downright disgusting.  He's counting on people's votes by painting those with money as being the enemy which is a terrible move.  These are the same people who give a ton to the arts in this city and contribute large sums of money to private projects and goodwill and this is the thanks that they get.  With his ridiculous antics, he's trying to drive the rich out of this city.  <_<

heck if quinn or anyone else became mayor she would price you and me out of the city asking the rich to pay more in taxes isn't bad regan even advocated for it 

and i saw nothing racist about deblasio showing his family heck if i had a mixed family and was running for mayor i'd show them off

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/nyc-quiz-the-mayoral-candidates-all-claim-they-know-nyc-so-we-put-them-to-the-test-1.6020431

Lol! Christine Quinn doesn't know the subways well. She answered 168 subway stations.

Am not surprised if any candidates know little to nothing about NYC, I was born and have been here all my life and I still don't know anything about parts of the city

It ant know better the King Bloomberg trying to get the Jewish Vote, face it race will always play a part of the any election. is it wrong yes, Blasio is using his family to get the black vote and he knows it and if he didn't have a mix family Qunn would properly be a head by now.

Blasio says he is proud he family, if I was him I would not but my family in the spot light, mix family or not, but its there choice.

If he does become mayor I hope that his children stay out of trouble otherwise the media will eat them up like crazy.

Am not surprised if any candidates know little to nothing about NYC, I was born and have been here all my life and I still don't know anything about parts of the city

That's what being stuck in the South Bronx will get you...  :lol:

Blasio says he is proud he family, if I was him I would not but my family in the spot light, mix family or not, but its there choice.

De Blasio is just winning because people think that Dante's afro is "cool". <_<  Give me a break.  The kid needs a haircut.

That's what being stuck in the South Bronx will get you...  :lol:

De Blasio is just winning because people think that Dante's afro is "cool". <_<  Give me a break.  The kid needs a haircut.

:lol:  I have been to the 5 boroughs except for Staten island, been there only once for camping trip but I do the history if this city, am I perfect, no but I learn everyday.

But I like Dante Afro, it so smooth  :o

Clearly nobody knows what racist means any more...

Also, don't even start with this 'thank the wealthy' campaign. Really, I should be thankful for some a**hole who either a) inherited millions, b) conned people out of millions on Wall Street, c) made millions from some minimum-wage paying sweatshop company, d) made millions through oil or some environmentally horrific career, just because they throw some money at a museum? "The thanks they get," lol. No rich people are leaving.

Clearly nobody knows what racist means any more...

Also, don't even start with this 'thank the wealthy' campaign. Really, I should be thankful for some a**hole who either a) inherited millions, b) conned people out of millions on Wall Street, c) made millions from some minimum-wage paying sweatshop company, d) made millions through oil or some environmentally horrific career, just because they throw some money at a museum? "The thanks they get," lol. No rich people are leaving.

Yeah I know because all rich people make their money off of the backs of others rather than through an honest living...  <_< The jealousy is just oozing out of your post.  :lol:

Nobody makes ten million solely off of their own hard work. If that were the case, coal miners and busboys would be millionaires. As the president has said, "you didn't build that." 

No jealousy, just being realistic.

Oh please.  Bill Gates made billions.  Why? Because he was innovative, hard working and damn smart.  He didn't need to rob from others so the notion that every rich person has to steal from other people is simply false.  You just like to paint those with money as somehow being evil.  I suppose those who strike it rich and win the lottery also must've exploited someone in the process too...  <_<

It just goes to show how Bloomberg is so bitter that DiBlasio is beating his disgusting puppet Quinn, he has to cry racism to divert peoples attention. Who cares if DiBlasio is putting his kids in his ads?How does it have anything to do with race? Why because his family is Bi-Racial? Most candidates put their family in their ads. Thompson has his daughter speaking throughout one of his ads as well.

No one in their right mind is going to vote for Quinn.She really is a troll.

Weiner is another freak show. Everytime his ads come on TV when I am somewhere in public, people make fun of him. Everyone I have overheard people around me, they comment about how he is a clown, his career in politics is over.

John Liu is not even worth mentioning, people don't see him doing anything for the city, he has been involved in scandals and New Yorkers have no way to relate to him in the least. Another one suffering from Comptroller Syndrome.

Castimadis? He is another clown that we dont need in office. He is a businessman who only knows business and thats it. Lacks any couth. Do we really need a billionaire mayor who will be just like Bloomberg throwing his money around and and looking out for his good old boys making them richer while us new yorkers get screwed? The guy is a joke.

Lhota? NEXT! This guy is better suited in a boardroom. He isnt mayor material in the least. No good in politics. He wasnt with the MTA long enough to really make a big impact or use it to his advantage. He appears very weak everytime hes is on tv. It is no surprise why that calamity of a paper the POST is endorsing him and Quinn. Hes riding on his performance during Hurricane Sandy and Rudy Giulianis coat tails from when he was deputy mayor to try and gain votes. Lets hope he doesnt win because he wont be a good mayor. I think it will be him versus DiBlasio or (wishful thinking) Thompson

Thompson would be a good candidate but he suffers from the Comptroller syndrome. It seems to be a curse for comptrollers running for mayor throughout the years. The average New Yorker looks at him and they have no idea what he is about. He doesnt do anything that makes him standout of the crowd so he gets lost within the crowd. He fails to make a solid impression. He needs a better campaign manager and speech writers to say the least.He really should be on top especially with the Transport Workers Union, Firefighters, and Teachers Union and others endorsing him.

He has the best record and background and is well spoken and makes the most sense out of everyone, ironically that is probably also why he isnt doing well.

Archived