MTA BusTime Discussion

User

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When will they be able to convert miles to minutes?

I don't think that'll be for a while. I've been in talks with the MTABus Time team and right now I think their main focus is on getting the system up and running across the five boroughs. I've e-mailed them about making certain tweaks and they've indicated to me that they try to prioritize things and what is most important to them is making sure that Bus Time is working on the buses that should have them. As time goes on of course I would expect them to make certain improvements and build upon the system they've created. From my understanding this system isn't as limited as previous ones that the (MTA) has tried out, especially since it was created in house, making it more "suitable" to the (MTA)'s needs. That's one reason why they switched the M34 lines over to Bus Time. More potential to fine tune it.

• 2 months later...

I talked to the bus time team about me seeing 4899 and it not being on bustime....they replied to me saying that 4899 recently joined the fleet so it will have bustime equipped to it shortly

Well obviously. You have to give it time of course thats what they were going to reply & say.

I talked to the bus time team about me seeing 4899 and it not being on bustime....they replied to me saying that 4899 recently joined the fleet so it will have bustime equipped to it shortly

Damn, chill! 4899 just arrived on the island and you are dead set on stalking it already! LOL!

Damn, chill! 4899 just arrived on the island and you are dead set on stalking it already! LOL!

Somebody was around zerega everyday since it got there stalking it. Somebody followed it to the depot when it was being delivered. Its just a bus with a different engine to me. I can wait for it to come out here to brooklyn , it'd just be my luck if i go to staten island and look for it and its not there.

• 3 weeks later...

No it's based on the borough. Since the Q44 and Q50 have a "Q" in front of their numbers, they are considered Queens routes, even though they also serve the Bronx.

I'm wondering the same thing for the M100 since the M100 is out of Kingsbridge, will it receive it or will some of the buses at KB not get bus time.

As for the release date of Bus Time in the Bronx, IIRC I heard it would be within the last two weeks of this month but I cannot assure that this will be true

Guest MTA Bus

So bus time is available for every single Staten Island and Brooklyn Route because ENY GA UP FB don't have the bus time ads like JG does. So if I go on the B6 or B15 it has bus time.

No, only the B61 and B63 have Bus Time. The rest of Brooklyn will get Bus Time sometime in the next few months.

Archived