MTA BusTime Discussion

User

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy s**t, 325 is on the B63 right now and it's on BusTime! Looks like the new C40s are getting BusTime equipped.

So, guess we won't have to say goodbye to C40s on the B61 (not sure about the old ones though).

EDIT: There's a bunch of 3xx C40s on the B63 right now actually, all on BusTime.

When will queens for once get this or any special program first. Queens has a bunch of routes that need things like SBS, count down timers(i believe it is),bus time and arctics ( beside the Q44) rediculous that I have to wait an 1 for an empty Q88 because only 4 come per hour and the stop is full of people and the buses are crowded as it is. Same thing for the Q25 Q20 Q85 and so on.

Artics on the Q27 won't work because of that sharp turn on kissena blvd and Holly Ave but bus time can definitly work on most of these Queens bus routes INCLUDING MTA BUS.

It kills me that people STILL dont get this, Artics can make all the SAME TURNS as a 40ft bus....If that was a legitimate problem, you wouldn't be seeing LFSAs on the Q44s turn off of Archer onto Sutphin and vice-versa....

By the way, I was in close contact with the Bus Time team when Bus Time first launched on Staten Island. There were a lot of small issues that were occurring and they were very eager to get them resolved (most of them anyway), so if you see a bus not showing up on Bus Time, let them know ASAP and they'll try to get the issue resolved.

It kills me that people STILL dont get this, Artics can make all the SAME TURNS as a 40ft bus....If that was a legitimate problem, you wouldn't be seeing LFSAs on the Q44s turn off of Archer onto Sutphin and vice-versa....

so your telling me artics would work in coney island on b74???

or staten island s52??

If that was the case why weren't Artics in Queens and Brooklyn a long time ago. Something had to stop them and my only guess is the turns. Look at the Q27 at kissena and holly tell my how would a 62ft bus turn the corner without a car backing up or the bus being on the sidewalk. On Archer and Sutphin the turn is not as bad because the street where it's turn from is a little bigger.

If that was the case why weren't Artics in Queens and Brooklyn a long time ago. Something had to stop them and my only guess is the turns. Look at the Q27 at kissena and holly tell my how would a 62ft bus turn the corner without a car backing up or the bus being on the sidewalk. On Archer and Sutphin the turn is not as bad because the street where it's turn from is a little bigger.

I drive artics and what Cait Sith says is true...granted a bit more space is needed to maneuver but from the looks of it an artic can make that turn on Kissena and Holly....DOT would just need to have one of those lines painted on the pavement to prevent cars going in the opposite direction stopping right at the cross walk.

Simple...

A. Casey Stengel & Flatbush was supposed to get a batch of artics after 5769, but New Flyer killed off high floor artics. The MTA did NOT want Low Floor artics at that time in 2003.

B. Don't even bring up the 1200s because thats part of the BT&E fleet.

Also, the Q44 as a whole has some pretty tight turns as well. I've seen artics turn onto Main and 39th when they end at Flushing and when they are training, that turn is even tighter than Kissena & Holly so that argument is a moot argument!

So yeah. Your guess was incorrect!

Also, we've had random artics test around Queens aside from the Q111/Q113 test.

I drive artics and what Cait Sith says is true...granted a bit more space is needed to maneuver but from the looks of it an artic can make that turn on Kissena and Holly....DOT would just need to have one of those lines painted on the pavement to prevent cars going in the opposite direction stopping right at the cross walk.

On a side note, you're always going to get that one person who screws it up by going right to the crosswalk and blocking the bus from turning.

By the looks of things, this might be an all exclusive O7 CNG line if you ask me.

Since they can't put any king size ads on the newer C40LF's (Just yet)

There are 300s on the B61 at this moment. The new C40LFs are getting the bustime tech to operate on these two lines. I got 331 on the B63 through Bustime LOL.

Archived