The Official PATH thread

N6 Limited

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is it NJT's fault when NJT and PATH are separate operations? Please explain

He's saying buses are NJT's problem, not PATH.

No, the New Jersey Transit forum is not the place to discuss Port Authority Trans-Hudson line topics. There is a "Regional Transit Systems" forum for that purpose.

I checked Regional Transit Systems First. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have seen people's pictures of path during the photo ban, but how seriously do they enforce it? Is it more serious near the PATH station at WTC. I don't think it makes sense because people plotting can take pictures of the new and amazing WTC. Then tourists can't take pictures of it. The rule makes no sense.

Using Tapatalk

I have seen people's pictures of path during the photo ban, but how seriously do they enforce it? Is it more serious near the PATH station at WTC. I don't think it makes sense because people plotting can take pictures of the new and amazing WTC. Then tourists can't take pictures of it. The rule makes no sense.

Using Tapatalk

Tourists can take pictures outside the PATH station and PAPD obviously won't care. Take pics in the station, any station, and you will be dealing with the PAPD. The "rules of conduct" signs say violating them is an arrestable offense in NY and NJ.

Keep in mind that photography is actually allowed in some PA facilities, including the airports and WTC site itself, but whether or not it's allowed the PAPD will probably give you a hard time for it except of course at the WTC site outside the station.

You can risk it like I have (and gotten away with it) plenty of times, but you've been warned what can happen. If you try it use a small point and shoot or phone camera and don't say in the same spot for too long, but again you've been warned.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Tourists can take pictures outside the PATH station and PAPD obviously won't care. Take pics in the station, any station, and you will be dealing with the PAPD. The "rules of conduct" signs say violating them is an arrestable offense in NY and NJ.

.... and let me guess, those rules were established in the name of protecting citizens against 'terrorist threats'  <_<  That being said what I have to say about it? The PAPD can suck many .....

.... and let me guess, those rules were established in the name of protecting citizens against 'terrorist threats'  <_<  That being said what I have to say about it? The PAPD can suck many .....

Well, from my understanding, the ban was there prior to 9-11, but was not strictly enforced as it is now.

• 5 months later...

quote from the Path website

"The Signal System Replacement program is a key component to the modernization of PATH. This integrated program will ensure the long-term viability of PATH by bringing it into the 21st Century using the latest technology and continuing to provide customers with reliable and safe service. This new signal system will allow PATH trains to safely run closer together, increasing the number of trains we can fit on the system during peak times. Over the past few years, the Board authorized projects for the replacement of the entire PATH Signal System with a modern Automatic Train Control System (ATC) using communications-based train control technology. PATH staff is diligently working with the Signal Contractor and has currently completed Final Design Reviews. This project is scheduled for completion in 2015"

I didn't know they were doing ATC.

I remember one time when I was heading out to help on S89 during S89 week debut, I met with PANY&NJ C/O on PATH train who knows me.

Lots of regular PATH riders doesn't seem to know taking photography is illegal on PATH, including news reporter Greg Mocker.

Remember when he had NYC Subway's Ugliest Subway Contest?

quote from the Path website

"The Signal System Replacement program is a key component to the modernization of PATH. This integrated program will ensure the long-term viability of PATH by bringing it into the 21st Century using the latest technology and continuing to provide customers with reliable and safe service. This new signal system will allow PATH trains to safely run closer together, increasing the number of trains we can fit on the system during peak times. Over the past few years, the Board authorized projects for the replacement of the entire PATH Signal System with a modern Automatic Train Control System (ATC) using communications-based train control technology. PATH staff is diligently working with the Signal Contractor and has currently completed Final Design Reviews. This project is scheduled for completion in 2015"

I didn't know they were doing ATC.

They started looking into it when the Lackawanna tracks were changed to allow that NJ Transit division access to Penn Station. So much trackage was ripped up and replaced that area in the Harrison- Secuscus yards don't look anything as it did 20 years ago. Right now only a very small portion of the system engages with regular rail at this time and when they remove and replace that the system can use atc fully.

• 7 months later...

Service will operate on a weekend schedule beginning at 9PM […]

January 26, 2015 7:28:21 PM EST

Service will operate on a weekend schedule beginning at 9PM and be suspended at 11PM until further notice.

January 26, 2015 12:24:18 PM EST

PATH snowstorm service: regular weekday on Monday until 9pm, then weekend schedule on NWK-WTC & JSQ-33 via HOB operating every 15 minutes

January 26, 2015 6:44:05 AM EST

Concerning the earlier car equipment problem, service on the HOB-WTC line is resuming normal schedule.

January 26, 2015 6:25:12 AM EST

Due to a car equipment problem, service on the HOB-WTC line is operating with a 10 min delay.

• 6 months later...

I know right? We railfans just want to take photos and videos of trains. We aren't terrorists!

• 4 months later...