An Update in the 7 to NJ

MTA Bus

I got nothing against Christie, great governor and great man, but man he shouldn't have shot down the ARC tunnel so we can SHUT THE F*CK UP about this crap already. It's a stupid idea. We could've expanded the capacity of NJT service into Manhattan and ended it at that, but nooo....

For once I agree with you! Christie completely f**ked over regional transportation for the next ten, twenty years with the dismantling of the ARC project. We're all going to be paying the price for his stupidity and short-sightedness for a while to come.

Wait a minute, are they seriously saying they want it to Hoboken now and not Secaucus?

JESUS! PATH handles that and so do the NJT buses. Both Port and Transit would not (or definitely should not for their own sakes) like this plan, they'd lose money!

It would be bad for all sides really.

And IF another sandy catastrophe happens, we would have another big problem on our hands. I would prefer Secaucus than Hoboken IMO

Wait a minute, are they seriously saying they want it to Hoboken now and not Secaucus?

JESUS! PATH handles that and so do the NJT buses. Both Port and Transit would not (or definitely should not for their own sakes) like this plan, they'd lose money!

no no. try reading again. it says they want stops in BOTH Hoboken and Secaucus.

I got nothing against Christie, great governor and great man, but man he shouldn't have shot down the ARC tunnel so we can SHUT THE F*CK UP about this crap already. It's a stupid idea. We could've expanded the capacity of NJT service into Manhattan and ended it at that, but nooo....

While I agree with most of this,the reason excuse is that he wanted NY and NJ to split costs 50-50 where the ARC plan had NJ putting up all 100%

You also have to consider by having trains going to New Jersey, the subway would fall under FRA rules in that position. Meaning every existing rolling stock would have to be retrofitted to meet those requirements. This could also have fares increase too and lord knows by how much.

You also have to consider by having trains going to New Jersey, the subway would fall under FRA rules in that position. Meaning every existing rolling stock would have to be retrofitted to meet those requirements. This could also have fares increase too and lord knows by how much.

Well, that's probably not true. It's not like R188s would be sharing track space with the Acela Express; this would be a separate operation. Still, it'd be a logistical nightmare whatwith signaling and the like, and there is no money.

They'd have to build another yard put there too.

Why do you think Ny would put the money into this project when it doesn't benefit them at all. It's just more NJ riders that prefer NYC subway instead of NJT OR PATH

The argument is that New York employers benefit from increased access to the New Jersey labor pool.

The argument is that New York employers benefit from increased access to the New Jersey labor pool.

Or vice versa

No doubt NJ would benefit more from this than NY'ers.

What jobs are there in Hoboken or Secaucus anyway that aren't already in NYC? Exactly.

No doubt NJ would benefit more from this than NY'ers.

What jobs are there in Hoboken or Secaucus anyway that aren't already in NYC? Exactly.

True. We don't really have much over there except Newark Liberty International Airport. Otherwise New Jersey is a just backwater wasteland.....

True. We don't really have much over there except Newark Liberty International Airport. Otherwise New Jersey is a just backwater wasteland.....

I've known some professional doctors, dentists, postal workers, etc. to do the reverse commute that actually come to NY to work in NJ. Exactly how many others remains to be seen

Archived