Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

R188 Discussion Thread

Yeah I know that's weird and 2141-2145 will go to the 6.

Nothing from the 7 will go to the 1. It is strictly 7 to the 6.

Do you have a clue as to when the loaners are going back to the (1)?

The (6) has 43 trains in total, 40/43 for the rush with an additional Jerome rush hour set. 

I wonder if 239 St/Unionport would lend a hand to the (6).

Those R62As are taking a beating like the R142As on the (6) line did.

What a demanding line the (6) is.

Edited by RollOver

The (6) has 43 trains in total, 40/43 for the rush with an additional Jerome rush hour set.

I wonder if 239 St/Unionport would lend a hand to the (6).

Does the TA purposely instruct yard dispatch to lend ONLY an R142 to the (6) ? Because If its just a Rush hour put-in why don't we see an extra R142A ??

Does the TA purposely instruct yard dispatch to lend ONLY an R142 to the (6) ? Because If its just a Rush hour put-in why don't we see an extra R142A ??

The (4) likely needs to use that set as well.

There's been a few times were they'd put in Moshulu's R142As for rush hour one-trip put in's on the (6), but mostly it's been the R142s instead.

Those R62As are taking a beating like the R142As on the (6) line did.

What a demanding line the (6) is.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. The yard (westchester) is horrible at maintaining cars. The (7) is just as demanding but they took good care of their fleet.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that there are almost double as many R142 sets as there are R142A sets on the (4). If I remember correctly, there are around 230 R142 cars and 130 R142A cars assigned to the line.

I just saw a Not In Sevice R142 on the 6 express track going towards Pelham Bay Park on my way to Manhattan. Couldn't see the number but it was definitely an R142 with that noticeably loud HVAC. Do they lend trains from the 4 on Sunday's for tomorrow's rush?

I just saw a Not In Sevice R142 on the 6 express track going towards Pelham Bay Park on my way to Manhattan. Couldn't see the number but it was definitely an R142 with that noticeably loud HVAC. Do they lend trains from the 4 on Sunday's for tomorrow's rush?

A credible poster on Subchat said the car wash at 239th is OOS until the end of the year, might have been a NIS (2) train going to take a bath...

This would also explain the OOS 62 sets people are seeing on the Pelham line.. as the (3) line's fleet usually go to 239th to get washed but there going to the (6) line instead.

• Upvote 1

A credible poster on Subchat said the car wash at 239th is OOS until the end of the year, might have been a NIS (2) train going to take a bath...

This would also explain the OOS 62 sets people are seeing on the Pelham line.. as the (3) line's fleet usually go to 239th to get washed but there going to the (6) line instead.

Wait a second! He says he saw it at Pelham Bay. Westchester yard is after Middletown Road...

Something isn't adding up...

Wait a second! He says he saw it at Pelham Bay. Westchester yard is after Middletown Road...

Something isn't adding up...

He said it was going towards Pelham Bay Park, so its possible he saw the 142 set south of Westchester Sq stop.

There was another R62 on the (6) signed up as (3) at hunts point tonight around 8:54pm

A credible poster on Subchat said the car wash at 239th is OOS until the end of the year......

This would also explain the OOS 62 sets people are seeing on the Pelham line. as the (3) line's fleet usually go to 239th to get washed but there going to the (6) line instead.

It's possible all these R62's are heading to Westchester via the (6) obviously. Probably some maintenance/car wash Westchester Yard is capable of doing for Livonia's R62 (3) .