• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As per RTO sources

Effective starting in September

R32's will start popping up on the (M)

What's the reasoning behind this?

Curious what the roll sign solution will be. Could put it on the brown M, could put it on the 6th Ave V, could put a sticker on, or could leave it at Special and put some paper on the window like the (1) to Rector.

Wait, R143's can operate on non-CBTC lines?

Yes, as long as the train is in CBTC Bypass, it can run anywhere. The CBTC equipped R160s do it all the time on the (J)

If they couldn't, they would have never been on the (J) as they are now...

Didn't really have to be so condescending with the reply...

As per RTO sources

Effective starting in September

R32's will start popping up on the (M)

YES! YES! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 5 YEARS FOR THIS!

FINALLY R32s Back on Queens Blvd!

RFW Here I come!

Sorry about that. The R32s are my favorite subway cars, and I was hoping that this would happen before their retirement.

I will now be willing to take the local M instead of the E on the way back from school! 

YES!

I've been hearing the 143's on the (M) instead of the 32's.

I doubt it because they would only run about 1-2 sets, but it's basically R32's or R143's, they don't want the R32's to rack up in miles plus that (M) Go that's going on next year, they would probably put at least 4-5 sets of R32's for now, plus it's easier to have R143's on the (J) because of the swapping between the J and L lines when it comes to CBTC R160A-1's and R143's

I doubt it because they would only run about 1-2 sets, but it's basically R32's or R143's, they don't want the R32's to rack up in miles plus that (M) Go that's going on next year, they would probably put at least 4-5 sets of R32's for now, plus it's easier to have R143's on the (J) because of the swapping between the J and L lines when it comes to CBTC R160A-1's and R143's

Well, if there are gonna be R32's on the (M), they have to make a brand new rollsign. If there aren't going to be R32's on the (M), just keep the 4-car (total 8 car set) R160's. Simple as that.

Well, if there are gonna be R32's on the (M), they have to make a brand new rollsign. If there aren't going to be R32's on the (M), just keep the 4-car (total 8 car set) R160's. Simple as that.

They don't need to make an entire new rollsign, just slap a Continental Av sticker over one of the unused southern terminals (I think Metro still counts as the north terminal for the (M), idk), then slap an orange (M) sticker over one of the unused routes and call it a day.

They don't need to make an entire new rollsign, just slap a Continental Av sticker over one of the unused southern terminals (I think Metro still counts as the north terminal for the (M), idk), then slap an orange (M) sticker over one of the unused routes and call it a day.

I think they are going to slap a sticker on the (V)'s old route

I think they are going to slap a sticker on the (V)'s old route

Yeah that is what I was saying before. Some people are making it seem like the MTA has to make a brand new sign. Just use paste a orange M on top of the V. You already have the Forest Hills 71st Ave roll sign and the Metropolitan Ave you just change the one that says via 6th Ave.

Yeah that is what I was saying before. Some people are making it seem like the MTA has to make a brand new sign. Just use paste a orange M on top of the V. You already have the Forest Hills 71st Ave roll sign and the Metropolitan Ave you just change the one that says via 6th Ave.

Yeah I agree it's that easy

Question is, are Metropolitan and/or Forest Hills available as a "southern" terminal? Besides that, it makes sense to overwrite the (V) as an (M).

There's no need to slap a sticker over the old V sign, just put an orange sticker over one of the (M) signs, and metropolitan Ave is a south terminal, on the original signs there's no metropolitan Ave on the south sign, on the newer signs, metropolitan is a south sign