Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Union Tpke

(7) line extension to 34 Street-Hudson Yards station opening day saga continues...

Does anybody know when the station be opened for passengers to come in via the outside entrance? Not via the first train.

Wait, why cant they just send trains that are in transit to Times Square down to 34 St?

Because the station hasn't opened yet? I mean, that's the only possible reason for it not to run there.

I wonder if Bloomberg will be there to celebrate the long-awaited opening of (half of) his pet project.

It was reported by NY1 a few days ago that he's not gonna be there.

Wait, when is th station suppose to actually OPEN?

Probably in the afternoon at 10am or later....more than likely, there will be a press conference first.

• Upvote 1

Probably in the afternoon at 10am or later....more than likely, there will be a press conference first.

What time would you suggest to go there If I or others would want to be there before all of the crowds?

What time would you suggest to go there If I or others would want to be there before all of the crowds?

When the station opens to the public

that doesn't help. What time?

I was there when the PATH WTC station reopened after 9/11... I showed up a few minutes before the station opened, they had a press conference and all, I got a RFW seat on the first train out of WTC towards NJ....

If I was you, I'd show up a half hour before the train from Main Street gets there to be on the safe side.

sorry for unexpectedly jumping in but the first train to 34th st leaves Flushing @ 1:04pm if anyone wants to be on that train 

Me to, it says on the poster that the station is suppose to open at 1 but it actually opens to the public at 10.

Me to, it says on the poster that the station is suppose to open at 1 but it actually opens to the public at 10.

what do you mean "it actually opens"?

I was there when the PATH WTC station reopened after 9/11... I showed up a few minutes before the station opened, they had a press conference and all, I got a RFW seat on the first train out of WTC towards NJ....

If I was you, I'd show up a half hour before the train from Main Street gets there to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the advice!

Posters and Fliers have started going up on the (7) announcing that the service pattern at Times Square will change and the opening of 34 St.

The info Im using is based of MTA Trip Planner cause I couldn't find a trip to the station from flushing on a train leaving earlier than 1:04 

However since I can't be on that train Ima try to make the first <7> to the station leaving 6:21 Monday 

Its not important that railfans are on the first train to the station.  The railfans should stay away until all the official stuff is done.  What is important is getting the station open.

Edited by beelinefan