Identity Crisis

Cait Sith

To those making predictions.....stop.

They sent the wrong code files to the depots. As of today, the buses with MTA Bus codes are not allowed on the road until they get their proper signs. They were getting new programs in preparation for the B46 SBS. But of course, they got the wrong ones.

To those making predictions.....stop.

They sent the wrong code files to the depots. As of today, the buses with MTA Bus codes are not allowed on the road until they get their proper signs. They were getting new programs in preparation for the B46 SBS. But of course, they got the wrong ones.

Damn, was gonna grab some photos this week...maybe there are other mistakes!

Damn, was gonna grab some photos this week...maybe there are other mistakes!

As of yesterday, since some of the lines were short on buses, they had to put some of them out into service.

Get em while you can.

Nice shots. I was gonna say what next, the MTAB O7's will have NYCT codes on them? This is why the codes should be merged sooner rather than later. Routes like the BxM1/Q1, BxM2/Q2, BxM3/Q3, BxM4/Q4, M11/Q111, M12/Q112 and M14/Q114 have the same exact codes (save for the exact signage though)

Can I ask what can possibly be considered  two "stupid" questions?

Didn't anyone check the codes first before sending it out to the garages to make sure that each and every route had its own distinct code? The reason that I am asking this question is that  whenever I had to do a project, it had to be pretested where in many cases, errors were found and corrected prior to implementation. Did anyone do a pretest of the various codes with the bus drivers before sending out the codes? Obviously not as it would have exposed how little knowledge that these geniuses have of the system and to have this exposed by  the drivers of all people! After all the drivers know nothing in the eyes of management even though they break their backs every day to provide service and are worth more to us then the ones who spent their lives in their cubicles and never drove a bus during their tenure.  

Archived