ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, commute matters more in the end especially if you take the subway to report.

Just to add, in the B division you will now spend a week in CBTC training especially as it looks to be going live soon on the Queens Boulevard line. Plus, they always need as many qualified T/O to cover the Lima.

R42 has been retired so that's probably a week of training cut. Might still have you qualify for the R32 if they stick around though.

Just want to note for the board admin, that with the recent contract T/O (Yard) which schoolcar T/O will fall under, are being paid about $36 right now. I know, because I got the raise and the retro pay while in schoolcar.

6 hours ago, Djf22 said:

Thanks am I wrong in thinking that would make the t/o job easier ?

Not really. Its an extra thing for the T/O to do. Its basically there for you to keep the C/R in check and make sure they open on the right side. However it works the other way too. If you enable the wrong side and you get a C/R that is in dur dur land and opens on the wrong side too then you both go down.

4 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Not really. Its an extra thing for the T/O to do. Its basically there for you to keep the C/R in check and make sure they open on the right side. However it works the other way too. If you enable the wrong side and you get a C/R that is in dur dur land and opens on the wrong side too then you both go down.

Aka the 2 for 1 special 🤪

6 hours ago, Schecter said:

Aka the 2 for 1 special 🤪

Also... 

10 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

It used to be that no trains had enablers.

I'm going to tell a story, it might sound a lil low-key racist, but that's the past here goes (this is how it was told to me):

There was a nurse shortage way back in NYC. So nurses were given benefits to come from the Carribean, and Southeast Asia. But then, their husbands needed jobs too. 

So, the TA put them to work in the barns in stock and storage. But then when they needed to cut labor in CE, they made most of those guys conductors. Schoolcar used to be a lot shorter then, but safety is reactive, not proactive.

There was an incident when the E's ran R32's (almost 15+ years ago) where at LEX-53, the C/R opened open on the wrong side. If you don't know LEX-53, it's an island platform so both sides are no clearance walls over the 3rd rail. They had to check the roadbed for people, and when the train closed down, he did it again. 

Safe to say, enablers were introduced and retrofitted in to the circuitry of every train after, except the 32 b/c of it's age and the general assumption they would be tossed in the sea ... or C ;D ... which they were. (I got an R32 during COVID in March. How nasty is that.)

The only time where a T/O will enable on the wrong side and the C/R follows suit is when there is usually a GO on a 3/4 or M track system like 145-St Nich, Tremont, Fordham, Kingsbridge, 18 Av-McDonald, Kings Hwy-McDonald, Astoria Blvd-Hoyt Av.

Yea, I had talked with my C/R beforehand on what we're doing in the Bronx (Delta) as we had to go express to 205 for a GO which is not normal for a midnight job. Had to open the doors to the left at Tremont and Kingsbridge, but to the right at Fordham because for some reason they decided to put the 10 car marker past the railing on the left side of the train. Anyway my C/R apparently forgot and tried to open on the right at Tremont. R68's are notorious for not having a working intercom so I basically held the left door enabler button down until she realized she had to switch sides.

New on here...list number kinda high but last exam it made it to the 9000s if not mistaken I think even 10000s....quick question...how far down the list you guys think MTA will go...heard a lot of stuff from mass retirements to ppl not even making it through school car or declining the position because of covid 

Heard straight from Ms Gibbs'(schoolcar superintendent) mouth that there are 2 more classes TENTATIVELY scheduled before the end of the year. She says it can change, but as of right now October and November are happening unless something changes.

Edited by beanz

13 minutes ago, beanz said:

Heard straight from Ms Gibbs'(schoolcar superintendent) mouth that there are 2 more classes TENTATIVELY scheduled before the end of the year. She says it can change, but as of right now October and November are happening unless something changes.

Hopefully I get into one of those classes especially after the tease from the email last month.

6 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Hopefully I get into one of those classes especially after the tease from the email last month.

If you came so close to September's class I imagine u will get into one of those. I hope they dont get postponed for you guy's sake.

List number 149x here hoping to get in that November class barring any postponements! Good luck to all, hoping many of those not on this forum defer so they continue the climb up on the list numbers. Tired of the new bs I have to put up with working remotely while taking caring of two younger kids especially now with school starting again, ugh what a mess the DOE is!

18 minutes ago, TOHopeFull2019 said:

List number 149x here hoping to get in that November class barring any postponements! Good luck to all, hoping many of those not on this forum defer so they continue the climb up on the list numbers. Tired of the new bs I have to put up with working remotely while taking caring of two younger kids especially now with school starting again, ugh what a mess the DOE is!

Yeah im 131X and hoping either the October or November class as well.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:35 AM, Late Clear said:

To all you hopefuls and choosing divisions, if given the option, your choice should be based solely off location and commuting.  

On 9/4/2020 at 12:38 AM, BxJay120 said:

Did anyone here who got into the Sept 21 class get an email today saying that day one was going to be virtual on zoom and day two would be at 248? 

Hey BxJay,

I got in the Sept 21st class. There was one other person in the 12**'s, including myself that got sworn in yesterday. 

The first class is definitely a zoom, and the second class  will be at location in Brooklyn. The colored sheet that was handed to you gives you the zoom link as well as the location. 

Edited by Strong Finish
typo