ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 10/1/2020 at 3:48 PM, beanz said:

No dates yet but I once again heard October and November. I also heard its gonna slow down for a while after those 2 classes.

Those of you in the September class...hows it going? Who are your TSSs?

Whoever has Alesso, good luck keeping up with him.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

Hello, do anyone know when the next t/o exam willl be ?

probably around 2022. 

I am in bus operator 9604(2018 )  1xxx and conductor 6601 (2016)list  only 13xxx😭😭😭😭

Sadly for off the street people I do not think there will be any open competitive exams anymore for T/O. From now on until TA decides to change their mind again T/O will only be promotional which means you will need to be a B/O for NYCT or a C/R or Station Agent in their permanent title (past probation) to qualify for T/O. What ever title you can get that suits you either CR or BO get into that title and pass probation. When they have the next T/O exam you can take it.

Edited by Biggie
added info

19 hours ago, Biggie said:

Sadly for off the street people I do not think there will be any open competitive exams anymore for T/O. From now on until TA decides to change their mind again T/O will only be promotional which means you will need to be a B/O for NYCT or a C/R or Station Agent in their permanent title (past probation) to qualify for T/O. What ever title you can get that suits you either CR or BO get into that title and pass probation. When they have the next T/O exam you can take it.

People have said before so and so would be the last open competitive t/o exam before...and that turned out to be wrong. You know Transit will keep saying one thing, then do another right after.

Time will tell for sure if they're serious about keeping it for promotional or not.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

So I guess you haven’t been watching the news about the cuts that’s coming in the mta, definitely won’t be no more classes this year

Hopefully Congress passes the relief bill for the mta I guess we’ll find out January 5 when Georgia has their runoff 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 9:18 AM, Schecter said:

Definitely not happening, they're cutting rto jobs and metro north jobs and lirr jobs and laying tons of people off, and also looking toward a raise freeze for 2 years.

I thought Hurricane Sandy taught them this is WHY they can't cut from RTO. 

Cut from useless execs and cut the people with titles they don't actually have -- those people with the title of "Conductor" or "Train Operator" who have never stepped foot on an actual train. 

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

Happy holidays to all on the forum! It's been a while since a post, but I just checked the certification list and I'm up again with 200 vacancies! 

i was waiting for someone to also see the certification list lol!  ronread what is your list number?

5 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

i was waiting for someone to also see the certification list lol!  @rondread445 what is your list number?

As a friendly reminder, if you can make an effort to hide the last digit or two of your list number for identity purposes, it would be appreciated. As an example, since there are approximately 11,200 people on this list, if your list number is 13,503, you can disclose your list number as 13,5** or 13,5XX or simply "in the 13,500's."

1 minute ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

Does anyone have a link to the certification list i tryed looking through old posts didn't see it and Google keeps directing me to some database company 

Click here for the Civil Service List (Active) webpage and click here for the Civil Service List Certification webpage. The second URL link is the one you are looking for.

Happy Holidays!!

8 hours ago, Brytstar said:

Anyone notice the salary change on the certification list? From $34.16 to $37.05

Yeah noticed that, it was definitely $34 for the Sept class. The covid relief bill was finally signed with 4 billion for mta which stops cuts and layoffs in short term, so looks like some hiring may happen early 2021.